TSDZ2 48v 2020 new firmware

gfmoore said:
casainho said:
I was father for the second time, 2 weeks ago.

Congratulations. All the best to you and yours :D
Same from me.

Why did the control box change?
Did the old one work poorly?
Easier to control the engine?
Understand that many are waiting for new firmware for the new version.
Difficult to cycle at the same speed as others when the engine loses power before 25 km/h which cannot be changed. :(

Silly question and probably be somewhere in the specs, but now that I've got my motor (which I am very disappointed with, I hope something is wrong!) how do I know if I have the new or old version of the firmware?

gfmoore said:
Silly question and probably be somewhere in the specs, but now that I've got my motor (which I am very disappointed with, I hope something is wrong!) how do I know if I have the new or old version of the firmware?
If you can not set the speed above 25 km/h, you have the new version.
It does not matter what speed can be set in the menu.
Maximum 25 km/h applies.
One mistake is that not even 25 km/h is reached.

casainho said:
Congratulations from me too. I can confirm from my own experience that you will have much less time. :wink:
Akita said:
Difficult to cycle at the same speed as others when the engine loses power before 25 km/h which cannot be changed.

Raising the limit should work. The configuration is a bit strange. You have to activate the 25 km/h limit and set the max. speed higher.
With the limit switched off, the engine always limits at 25 km/h and stalls at 23 km/h.

Astroid said:
Elinx said:
casainho said:
....No, pin 7 and pin 8 are not shorted. My current guess is that they assembled some MPC6021 batch units knowing they are instead MCP6022 -- I think this is possible, maybe the MPC6021 factory sold them this "special" units.
Everything is possible, but I can't imagine that the factory does this, because this would be problematic if you sell these.
It could be possible that another unknown single op-amp would fit there too.

These are MCP602I, "I" chips, not 1. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21314g.pdf
Thanks, I just updated the documentation.

abrainer said:
casainho said:
Congratulations from me too. I can confirm from my own experience that you will have much less time. :wink:
Akita said:
Difficult to cycle at the same speed as others when the engine loses power before 25 km/h which cannot be changed.

Raising the limit should work. The configuration is a bit strange. You have to activate the 25 km/h limit and set the max. speed higher.
With the limit switched off, the engine always limits at 25 km/h and stalls at 23 km/h.
Does not work.
Changing the speed does not change the maximum speed.

Akita said:
Have I done.
Otherwise I can not change Sd.

Amazingly, in my case the behaviour was as described.
Does the engine run without limit when you turn the magnet away from the speed sensor?

abrainer said:
Akita said:
Have I done.
Otherwise I can not change Sd.

Amazingly, in my case the behaviour was as described.
Does the engine run without limit when you turn the magnet away from the speed sensor?
Have not tried.
Can I use without a magnet.
Strange?

I have the latest version and firmware 5.0

Firmware version 5.0 is the firmware of the display.
My motor runs without magnet, without speed limit, but also without display of speed and distance.
I ask because your engine may already have a different firmware.

abrainer said:
Firmware version 5.0 is the firmware of the display.
My motor runs without magnet, without speed limit, but also without display of speed and distance.
I ask because your engine may already have a different firmware.

I'll test tomorrow.
I have the latest engine and there is no firmware other than the original yet.

EDIT:
Does not work without a magnet.
Put the magnet back and then the motor does not work again.
The speedometer showed speed but no power from the engine.
OFF - ON without result.
Now to the strange thing.
I changed my speed limit to OFF.
Now it seemed that the maximum speed limit was gone.
Now I got power from the motor over 25 km/h but the speedometer showed zero all the time.
Someone who has an explanation for this.

EDIT again.
Have now tested with gps speedometer.
No problem getting up to 30 km/h.

Sees that the magnet does not sit directly against the arrow.
May be the reason why the speed is not displayed.
Better to get power from the engine than to see the speed.
May probably stay where it is.

I am keep learning and trying to run the motor. I am now using a code from Infineon that use hall sensors only but still this code is not working for me... at least I already validated that hall sensors inputs are working. I hope to go slow but keep going. Also summer in on!! I am doing a lot of different sports outdoors like running and swimming, other than cycling - and putting a big piece of music while doing this sports, so, my time is now going to enjoy the outdoor and with family on this outdoors, so, I have very small time for this project, but I plan to keep going even if very slow.

casainho said:
Alone as I am now, I think at least more 3 months. I was father for the second time, 2 weeks ago.

I'll be back at some point to help but not sure quite when yet - all my development stuff is packed away as I'm having building work done on the house... congratulations on your baby being born!

beemac said:
casainho said:
Alone as I am now, I think at least more 3 months. I was father for the second time, 2 weeks ago.
I'll be back at some point to help but not sure quite when yet - all my development stuff is packed away as I'm having building work done on the house... congratulations on your baby being born!
Out of topic, but I am still father of a 11 years old boy that I need to care :) and I am learning as also teaching him what I already know about running and explaining about efforts and energy management, showing him how to use the heart rate zones and in future the running power.
Today I wanted to do a ride but my battery is falling so I had to quit that idea and I went to run instead, is so nice to do the intercalation of cycling and running, and ebike is really nice for doing soft rides as recovery of hard runs.

This is me and my son doing a very soft run -- yes, I am being so happy doing outdoor sports, sometimes in family, that I am not / I can not put a lot of energy on this firmware...

Hi,
Is there any way to find out which version of controller I have (old or new) without opening a motor?

lobo0 said:
Hi,
Is there any way to find out which version of controller I have (old or new) without opening a motor?
Measure with a multimeter between the pins what should be SWIM and GND
With the old controller you will measure 5V
With the new controller you measure 0V

As I wrote before when I moved the magnet so it came outside the sensor and set the display speed "limit to off", I got engine power over 25 km/h.
Now I have noticed that sometimes it seems that the engine power has different positions when I start.
If I off display = off and battery = off.
Then display = on. Flashing.
Then starts and then gets another position on the engine power.
Firmware error?

Akita said:
Firmware error?
It could be, but imho it is the calibration sequence with starting the motor.
You may not stand on the pedals when starting the motor.
If you do the torque sensor will have a smaller range and will be less sensitive with as result less power.

Elinx said:
Akita said:
Firmware error?
It could be, but imho it is the calibration sequence with starting the motor.
You may not stand on the pedals when starting the motor.
If you do the torque sensor will have a smaller range and will be less sensitive with as result less power.
Does not stand on the pedal at any time.
Maybe wait longer after I put on the display.

Good morning everybody

This is my first post on this forum.
It is a gold mine and I hope to find a solution to my TSDZ2 behavior.

I post here as my motor TSDZ2 36v 250w has a V2 controller stock firmware (as bought from enerprof in April 2021 and 0volt between gnd and swim).

The issue is that power cuts at around 18KM/H whatever the settings are on the XH18 (I do control with my existing speedo).
The particularity of my bike is that the wheel size is 20, I suspect that this is the cause of the problem.
I did some math, 18km/h is around 19 RPM, which for a 26" wheel is around 24 km/h.

What I did so far:
- change the distance between magnet and speed sensor (closer, more distance)
- change the XH18 settings (wheel size, number of magnet, speed limit) whatever change, the cutoff speed is 18km/h

I can ride without the magnet, but then, I do not have speed, odometer info and speed limit (legal issue).

I contacted Enerprof but the answer I got is that they have sold 2.000+ motor and never heard about such issue. They told me it was a matter of inserting correct parameter in the display or wrong placement of the magnet.

But I tested every single parameter and speed reads correctly when magnet is configured meaning that for me the problem is elsewhere. EDIT : when I set 20" on the display setting, speed reading is corresponding to the one of my speedo.

What should I suspect? Controller firmware issue? display issue? speed sensor issue?

Thanks for your help!

sp753 said:

What should I suspect? Controller firmware issue? display issue? speed sensor issue?
I read that raising the limit could work, but the settings are not as expected
Try it with the next settings
First you have to enable the 25 km/h limit
After this it should be possible to set max. speed for a higher value.
With a disabled limit, the speed will always limited to 25km/h, which in your case is the mentioned 18 km/h.

Hi all,
first of all let me say big respect to the developers!

I'd like to know if anyone tried to replace the new controller with the old one. It seems it is possible to find spare STM controllers.
Do you think it is possible to fit them in place of the new controller, with some modification/soldering of the connectors?

I downloaded the pinout for the new controller in the first page of this topic, could you point me to where I can find the pinout of the STM controller?

Thank you very much!

bibuba said:
Hi all,
first of all let me say big respect to the developers!

I'd like to know if anyone tried to replace the new controller with the old one. It seems it is possible to find spare STM controllers.
Do you think it is possible to fit them in place of the new controller, with some modification/soldering of the connectors?

I downloaded the pinout for the new controller in the first page of this topic, could you point me to where I can find the pinout of the STM controller?

Thank you very much!
I bought a popular and cheap electric scooter Xiaomi M365, which is a great alternative when I am very tired and I do not want to pedal.

This M365 have a very popular ARM microcontroller on his board, that is also very cheap and similar price to thw TSDZ2 motor controller.

There is OpenSource firmware FOC motor controller for this board and I am learning with, with the hope to get strong on this needed knowledge and then port the firmware to this new TSDZ2 motor controller. It will take many months for sure...

@casainho

I know you're currently doing super great work on your new firmwares...

But some clearity might be nice for this thread, to aid new users and potential new developers:
- Can the firmware located here, be used, Yes or No? (https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_motor_controller_v2)
- If no, What is the current to-do list to get the new firmware running on the new controller?
- Can the old opensource firmware be used on the new controller, Yes or No?

even as a developer, I cannot find out of on the github itself if it's actually useable.
That is a problem, with such a severe lack of developer documentation, these project keep being limited to just a few developers. Where we actually need more developers, not less.

Back