TSDZ2 48V VLCD6 issues

tomkut

100 µW
I wonder if anyone could help me with the following issues identified on the kit (from pswpower):
1) the speed display shows random numbers or 99 at speed <11 km/h
2) the motor does not work at speed < approximately 11 km/h
3) the odometer and trip counter, both display incorrect distance, higher than actual
4) I cannot access the power select setting on the VLCD6 by pressing all three buttons

tomkut said:
I wonder if anyone could help me with the following issues identified on the kit (from pswpower):
1) the speed display shows random numbers or 99 at speed <11 km/h
2) the motor does not work at speed < approximately 11 km/h
3) the odometer and trip counter, both display incorrect distance, higher than actual
4) I cannot access the power select setting on the VLCD6 by pressing all three buttons.

The magnet has to line up with the flat part of the speed sensor, not the round pivot part.

To get to the config menu is tricky and has to be done right after lcd power on. You use two buttons, not three. Not sure about lcd6, I only have lcd5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlMZTA36elQ&feature=share

Power settings in lcd menu do not adjust power of motor. The motor power level is hard coded preprogrammed. You can however increase the max speed to 45km/hr

1, 2 and 3 are all due to the same problem: the gap between the speed sensor and the wheel magnet is too close. Ignore what the manual says; it was written for the original speed sensor which was fine and then it was replaced some years ago with one which was claimed by someone on here as being more sensitive. He was right about that!

thank you james and wpenner. Indeed, the magnet was too close. Issues 1-3 resolved. It's great to have power from the start! and correct readings from the computer.

Back