TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

mbrusa said:
What SDCC version are you using?
I have tried with 4.1.0, it's ok.

I downloaded and reinstalled everything required:-

Java Runtime
ST Visual Development
SDCC V4.2.0

I've compiled and flashed V20.1c.1 and that works ok

I have been riding with the v20.1C.2 beta for a couple of weeks without any issue. I believe it makes less noise than the previous version. Good job!

Didcot said:

Java Runtime
ST Visual Development
SDCC V4.2.0

I also tried with SDCC 4.2.0, there are no problems.
Didn't you leave empty fields in the configurator?
Eventually post the ini file of your configuration.

mbrusa said:
Didcot said:

Java Runtime
ST Visual Development
SDCC V4.2.0

I also tried with SDCC 4.2.0, there are no problems.
Didn't you leave empty fields in the configurator?
Eventually post the ini file of your configuration.

Hopefully this link to the ini files will work . There are 6 in total, I was trying out slightly different configurations in an attempt to get one to flash:-

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S0tAMUskYe4fpvFN3c5vRRc1F8ehJcMx?usp=sharing

I have seen the ini files, there are two problems.
1 - the "Pedal torque adc step advanced" parameter is empty, you have to set 34.
2 - in Torque assist mode, Assist level 4 - TURBO, you have set 300, not good. The maximum value is 254.

If you are unsure about the values, pause with the cursor on the parameter field to view the tooltip text.

mbrusa said:
I have seen the ini files, there are two problems.
1 - the "Pedal torque adc step advanced" parameter is empty, you have to set 34.
2 - in Torque assist mode, Assist level 4 - TURBO, you have set 300, not good. The maximum value is 254.

If you are unsure about the values, pause with the cursor on the parameter field to view the tooltip text.

Ok thanks, I'll try making the alterations. I never use Torque assist mode but I'll make the changes anyway.

By the way it's a fantastic job you've done. Wish I was as clever... :thumb:

UPDATE:- Excellent the changes worked and the motor is now flashed!! Out for a test ride shortly.... :thumb:

This may be a dumb question, but if I want to change the chainring on my TSDZ2 (to increase top speed) can I just use a generic chainring like this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002683248720.html ?

Or do I need one specific for the TSDZ2 like this one: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002536631759.html ?

hetm4n said:
Has anyone solved the problem with the new 850c 2021 display? after uploading the software, the display does not turn on. apparently there are other parts inside.

Hi I have the same problem. My version is 850C TFTAPMIEV2.31860 JL02.0 TS 202107130170

I disassembled it, and it look like old version inside. So may be is posible to fix version for 850c?

IMG_20220403_105508_075.jpg
IMG_0451.JPG

Better photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/zqut2qUZxZRq2NLT7

I also tried to uploading many old versions, but without success.

woojak said:
martin.shane said:
HI
Im really amazed by new Mbrusa firmware. Just installed in a new bike. Is great!
Question
My father bike has 2020 Tsdz2 motor with 8 pins LCD5. Old controller.
How to update ( if I can) to new firmware from Mbrusa?
I mean for 860 C all is done and works great. I have a necessary cables and no question for that,
But with this 8 pin LCD5 I have a problem:
I can not find firmware files for that
Do I have to program LCD5 somehow or in this case is just motor to be programmed? ( controller to be more specyfic)
Please help:)
I think that programming is done with the same Hex file :) the difference is only in the number of cables so it should not make any difference [emoji3]

Sent from my MAX1 using Tapatalka

Hi Woojak.

I saw you over at the TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource forum (thanks for the reply to my question), as someone who is moving over to Cas's firmware I was wondering what your thoughts were about it?

To me it seems like Mbrusa's firmware is better developed but Cas's hardware is fantastic. If you have swapped over to Cas's do you have any tips on where to tweak thinks to make it more MBrusa like. My dream would be to have MBrusa firmware on Cas' Hardware, but this question has been asked and answered.

Thanks.

Blacklite said:
I have an 860c, haven’t loaded this new firmware yet. Am running 1.1.0 currently. I’m expecting to have to reset parameters, as the as the firmwares are quite different in their settings, and I think it would be safer to start from the defaults.

What I would say though is don’t think of firmware upgrades on a bike like that on a computer. The only reason to upgrade or change is if a major advancement in efficiency or response has been made, or you are interested in experimenting. Do you upgrade the firmware on your car or microwave or refrigerator often? If it works and you are happy with it why change it? It’s not like there are security concerns on a bike.

I'm also running 1.1.0 with 860c display. I'm also happy with it but I have questions about settings and operation and haven't found a straight-forward source to find my answers. Could I pick your brain for help?
1. I haven't been able to reset trip odometer.
2. clock is adding minutes. 12 minutes faster than when I began riding the setup in August.
3. Cadence/motor speed: When the motor speed readout is red (500+) am I doing damage to the motor? It occurs at high cadences.
4. Which information is really important to see on the display for monitoring motor health?
5. Where is the best site page to see information? What i've seen is so cluttered and not especially user friendly.
Thank you,
Paula

paulas said:
I'm also running 1.1.0 with 860c display. .....
5. Where is the best site page to see information? What i've seen is so cluttered and not especially user friendly.
Please understand that this topic is about Mbrusa's version v20.1C.x-x for all displays.

You are right that all information from the different OSF versions is cluttered and for some people difficult to find the right way
v1.1.0 is the version of Casainho, so better is to ask by PM and/or search in the right topic to prevent further version confusion and cluttering in the different topics.
Realize that version 1.1.0 is older than mbrusa's version and Casainho has started a lot of other projects, so don't expect too much support.

Release of the final version v20.1C.2 for stock display VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/releases/tag/v20.1C.2
Changes from the beta version:
1 - Added to the configurator, the choice
"Startup boost at zero" (cadence or speed)
- Cadenza, It intervenes both starting from a standstill and resuming pedaling with the bike in motion.
- Speed, It only intervenes from a standstill, recommended for motors with coaster brake.
2 - By setting “Pedal torque ADC offset adjustment” to a negative value, the "Assist without pedal rotation" function is disabled (safety).
3 - Fixed an overflow issue in Power assist mode, causing a power drop in some conditions.

Release of version v20.1C.4 for 860C
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/releases/tag/v20.1C.4-860C
List of changes:
1 - Improved torque sensor calibration.
2 - Added adjustment of the adc offset of the pedal torque.
3 - Added adjustment of the adc range of the pedal torque.
4 - Added the adjustment of the adc angle of the pedal torque.
5 - Added Boost Mode choice at startup, at zero cadence or at zero speed.
6 - Added "Walk Assist" speed settings, one for each level.
7 - Improved progressivity in "Cadence Assist" mode.
8 - The choice of the soc% calculation method has been added.
9 - Added the voltage calibration to display.
10 - Modified, softer standing start.
11 - Fixed an overflow problem in Power assist mode
12 - Correction of the calculation of human power.
13 - Changed the "dead time" value to 2.0 us.

ATTENTION: In the link you will also find the display versions 850C and SW102, BUT HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED.

mbrusa said:
List of changes:

ATTENTION: In the link you will also find the display versions 850C and SW102, BUT HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED.

Hello,
I hope I'm right here
can someone help me.
I would like to use the Bafang 860C,
I now see 2 versions again, the 860C and the P860C.
What's the difference, the P860C is also compatible with the
Version v20.1C.4 for 860C ?
Thanks again to mbrusa for his work.

mbrusa said:
List of changes:

I would like to Publicly Thank mbrusa for all his Help, Work, and Talents in perfecting this firmware! He has made a massive difference in my safety and riding experience, and all the other hand cyclists that used this firmware over the last 3+ years and into the future. He has been able to make all the improvements I have suggested as we communicate privately not to confuse others with my suggestion and our discussions. His advances have also helped everyone on any bike!
THANKS, mbrusa,
Jeff

I've been using version v20.1c3 for xh18 displays since it was released and have flashed it on three bikes. For more than 2000km I haven't found any problem with it.

As far as I can see it makes no sense to go back to the c2? Or are there any innovations in the c2 that are not available in the c3?

If I understand correctly, mbrusa has further developed the c3 for xh18 for itself (Like the C4 dir the 860-Display), would you make this beta available to me for testing?

I have a friend that gets a code 8 within 10 seconds of powering on with the speed sensor plugged in and unplugged.
If you have any suggestions to try, please do so?
Thanks,
JeffError 8.jpg

Hi Jeff, the problem is clear, speed sensor to check.
e 8 - Speed Fault
Faulty speed sensor or magnet too far away.
It is possible to use the bike with some restrictions.
Various menu - Assist with error
Enabled / Disabled. The presence of an error disables assistance in all modes.
It is however possible to force assistance even with an error if this is caused by a problem with a sensor. Torque, cadence or speed sensor.
You will have to choose the assistance mode that does not involve the use of the faulty sensor.
Use only in case of need, with this function enabled there are limitations in assistance.

Anikea said:
I've been using version v20.1c3 for xh18 displays since it was released and have flashed it on three bikes. For more than 2000km I haven't found any problem with it.

As far as I can see it makes no sense to go back to the c2? Or are there any innovations in the c2 that are not available in the c3?

If I understand correctly, mbrusa has further developed the c3 for xh18 for itself (Like the C4 dir the 860-Display), would you make this beta available to me for testing?
I'm glad you didn't have any problems with v20.1C.3 for XH18. Someone has had them and there is a potential risk.
However, v20.1C.2 is worth a try, it's not a step back, there are major improvements.
Change the base version.
v20.1C.1 is based on mspider65 v7.
v20.1C.2 is based on mspider65 v7.
v20.1C.3 is based on mspider65 v13.
v20.1C.4 is based on mspider65 v13.
For XH18 now I am trying v20.1C.5 is based on mspider65 v15,
there are all the features added in v20.1C.2.
If you like to experiment and take some risks, I can send it to you privately.
It is a tested version, I have done more than 1000km, but before releasing it I want to find the cause of the problem with v20.1C.3, there could also be in this one.

erlano1977 said:
Hello,
I hope I'm right here
can someone help me.
I would like to use the Bafang 860C,
I now see 2 versions again, the 860C and the P860C.
What's the difference, the P860C is also compatible with the
Version v20.1C.4 for 860C ?
Thanks again to mbrusa for his work.
Two weeks ago, I ordered an 860C to keep in stock, just because they are hard to find.
Yesterday I received a P860C, before opening a dispute with the supplier, I tried to flash it.
It works like 860C, it looks identical, only the interlocking system of the connector changes, now it is easier to disconnect it.
20220413_090401.jpg

Thanks Mbrusa for your info.

Got the same one. Just a few serial numbers higher.
My flash failed.
I hope it's my USB TTL board.
Used this one here: https://www.ebay.de/itm/353476220926
And put it on TTL.
I was able to connect, but TX and RX were working
The upload was not initiated. Despite pressing the power button several times.
Have now ordered this USB TTL board:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32288431622.html
I hope this works. will report.
Do you use the same configuration as described here for flashing?
https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Flash-the-firmware-on-860C-850C-using-bootloader
However, I had used a laboratory power supply with 29V.

mbrusa said:
Hi Jeff, the problem is clear, speed sensor to check.
e 8 - Speed Fault
Faulty speed sensor or magnet too far away.
It is possible to use the bike with some restrictions.
Various menu - Assist with error
Enabled / Disabled. The presence of an error disables assistance in all modes.
It is however possible to force assistance even with an error if this is caused by a problem with a sensor. Torque, cadence or speed sensor.
You will have to choose the assistance mode that does not involve the use of the faulty sensor.
Use only in case of need, with this function enabled there are limitations in assistance.
Thanks,
I will have them try that to see what happens. We know it's a speed sensor problem and we know that we need to fix the cause. I just don't know what could cause the problem when it does it with and without the speed sensor plugged in?

Back