TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Use the stm visual tool, and download and store the OEM file already in your motor. This allows you reload it later to compare. There will be three files.

The embrusa configurator only saves its own config files before compiling and loading, so you have to use the stm tool to get at what's inside the motor already.
Yeah but, I mean, are those file humanly readable so that I can see the corresponding settings ?
I'm not trying to backup the oem firmware, but to find the configurator settings that are the closest to OEM behavior

I have a friend who replaced his controller, and everything seems to be working fine, except there's no power. Pedaling or with the throttle.
The display flash went well, and the display is working. When you peddle you can see the torque from the rider is much higher than the power shows from the motor. This is one I have not seen before. Where should I start?

I have a friend who replaced his controller, and everything seems to be working fine, except there's no power. Pedaling or with the throttle.
The display flash went well, and the display is working. When you peddle you can see the torque from the rider is much higher than the power shows from the motor. This is one I have not seen before. Where should I start?
The larger white plug inside the case that goes from the controller to the motor was plugged in wrong. Who knew you could do that?

Try looking at these links:
tsdz2/programming.md at master · hurzhurz/tsdz2
Flash the firmware on 860C 850C using bootloader
Unfortunately the ecocycles pages are no longer online.

I'm thinking of replacing the MCU inside this dead 850c I have with the larger flash memory version (I tried flashing with latest firmware and it's bricked).

Any thoughts out there on whether this will work or not? PCB compatibility issues?

This is the most recent compiled for the 850c as we know Release Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-860C-update-1 · emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C

Hi @mbrusa;
still a big fan of your firmware. I am using the std. XH-18 display.
Is there a chance that you will still upgrade the firmware for these displays to v20.1C.4 - to get the remaining improvements you implemented for the other displays?

Hi, summer break isn't over yet.
I already have improvements planned for the 860C version.
Only then will I update the version for stock displays, and I also have to look at the latest pull requests on GitHub.

It just hit -5C this morning at my location, you can it summer? :D

Hi @mbrusa;
still a big fan of your firmware. I am using the std. XH-18 display.
Is there a chance that you will still upgrade the firmware for these displays to v20.1C.4 - to get the remaining improvements you implemented for the other displays?
what are those improvements?

what are those improvements?
Beside all the mbrusa enhancements, there should be the improvements incorporated from mspider65 after his v12 Version. These are listed here:
(-> v13 onwards)
I am specifically interested, since I have both mbrusas Version running as well as mspider65's latest Version. And it seems that with the mbrusa Version (v20.1C.2update2) the motor gets a bit hotter than with the mspider65 v16 Version.
I even switched between 2 motors and the behavior followed. It is not dramatic, but it is there.

@mbrusa : Sorry - you are right - I forgot - I asked that earlier already.
And I can confirm: It is still Summer in Italy. Currently 27 deg C where I am (on vacation).
:)

Hello fellow pedelecers,
i am new in world of pedelecs, and new here, too.
I have searched the forum, but there was no sign of answers to the following:
If i have a TSDZ2B unit and VLCD13 (the new borderless display unit), can i flash this config with the OSF somehow?
Thank you all in advance.

If i have a TSDZ2B unit and VLCD13 (the new borderless display unit), can i flash this config with the OSF somehow?
It depends were you have bought this Tsdz2B.
There are versions with a non flashable controller from a German webshop.
If the controller can be flashed it will work with Vlcd13 too, but it isnt sure if Vlcd13 has the same respons as Vlcd5 or Vlcd6.
You will see it if you use this display.
It depends from the number of support levels and batteriesteps on display, which is the best choice in Java configurator.

If the controller can be flashed it will work with Vlcd13 too, but it isnt sure if Vlcd13 has the same respons as Vlcd5 or Vlcd6.
It depends from the number of support levels and batteriesteps on display, which is the best choice in Java configurator.
The source is the pswpower. I will get this in my hand at weekend.
How can i figure out it is a flashable or a non-flashable? Serial number, any marks on device, etc...?

The source is the pswpower....
How can i figure out it is a flashable ....
PSWPower unit is flashable.
You can check this with a multimeter.
Measure between 2 lowest pins on the speedconnector.
5V for the flashable controller.
connectionsoldnew2-jpg.306086

Last edited:

So, now i have the kit, installed, and already used it a little with the vanilla firmware. Works well, but i'd like to maximize the possibilities with the OSF. The only unknown factor is the VLCD13 display.
Am i right, i can reprogram only the controller with the OSF, and if i am lucky, i can use the reprogrammed controller with the VLCD13 display, the only drawback that i can't fine tune the settings live through the display?

So now i have to get a programmer hardware, follow the steps (backup the controller's original fw), upload the fw to the controller, and that's all?

Please forgive me if i am asking stupid questions, but this is my first encounter with the ebikes, and also with the programmable controllers.

....The only unknown factor is the VLCD13 display.
Vlcd13 will work, but maybe with some surprises we don't know yet.
You can use and tune as all other stock displays.

If you have the stock firmware and Vlcd13.
Look how many assistlevels you have and choose in configurator one of these displays.
Vlcd5 for 4 assistlevels.
850C for 5 assistlevels.

Maybe you must edit the batterylevels (advanced settings), if you have a different number of batterybars. (I count 5 bars instead of 6)

Last edited:
didn't someone use vlcd13 before and mbrusa did some changes in the fw so there is correct number of assist lvls?

The original kit with vlcd13 has 5 assist levels, and the remaining battery level showing in percentage numbers.
Btw, there are multiple versions of vlcd13, my unit does not have bluetooth option and does not show the watts.
Just the simple data: current speed, avg speed, max speed, odometer, trip dst., remaining battery level (calculated percentage based on momentary consumption), lights on/off, and that's all.
In the menu (after pressing (i) and PWR for 3 sec) i can see the battery status (charges, times, etc...) and trip time, there i can set the wheel diameter, unlock max. speed, some weird magnet setting (?), password, and the other usual stuff. Almost forgot, there is an option for walk assist on/off also.
Generally, as i can see, it is almost the same as 850c, but with a bit higher dpi and better visuals.
Anyhow, i will get a programmer and give it a shot with the 850c option.
I will get back here, and will do a report.

I installed OSF 860Cv20.1C.4- 3-bootloader.bin. I used the ECO CYCLES bootloader box. (I replaced the 5 strand wire with a 6 strand). The installation worked well. I can open the screen with the on button, but once opened, the screen does not respond to the remote. The screen is frozen.
It's a motor that comes from AliExpress.
I have tried several other OSF. Does anyone know if these recent screens can be flashed?

Problem solved with the solution proposed by Yari (post #2,180)

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The original kit with vlcd13 has 5 assist levels, and the remaining battery level showing in percentage numbers.
Btw, there are multiple versions of vlcd13, my unit does not have bluetooth option and does not show the watts.
Just the simple data: current speed, avg speed, max speed, odometer, trip dst., remaining battery level (calculated percentage based on momentary consumption), lights on/off, and that's all.
In the menu (after pressing (i) and PWR for 3 sec) i can see the battery status (charges, times, etc...) and trip time, there i can set the wheel diameter, unlock max. speed, some weird magnet setting (?), password, and the other usual stuff. Almost forgot, there is an option for walk assist on/off also.
Generally, as i can see, it is almost the same as 850c, but with a bit higher dpi and better visuals.
Anyhow, i will get a programmer and give it a shot with the 850c option.
I will get back here, and will do a report.
i understand you are still on stock fw ?

Back