TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

This is a question to ask after installing OSF and trying it.
Regarding throttle and speed limit, what you ask is possible.
However, to know all the features of OSF, I recommend you read the manual.
Thank you mbrusa. So I'm going to try probably with parameters near to default. I have to say that I'm already happy with that motor and also very excited to soon run free software on my bike as on my computer, servers and smartphones.

Help!

TSDZ2 does not shutdown after pressing the ON/OFF button.

The word "OFF" stays on the screen, and so now the only way to turn it off completely is to switch off or disconnect the battery. And then when the battery is reconnected, the display turns on immediately. Everything else is working fine so far.

The motor was working fine after flashing several versions of this firmware, but after flashing a version with the "Set parameters on Startup" and testing, that's when the problem began.

Using VLCD5 8 Pin

I have restored factory firmware and the problem persists and have also re-flashed this firmware and no change. The motor does work tough.

I don't see any damage to the cables that would hint a short.

Would the problem be the VLCD5?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• o.jpeg
    o.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
I had a list of bug reports and suggestions for the 860C display. Everything fixed.
This should be the final version, compatible with OSF motor v20.1C.4-3 and later, here is the list of changes:

Open source firmware TSDZ2 v20.1C.4-update-4 for 860C displays
1 - Supports new 860C V1.2 April 2023 display (by SykloFR).
2 - Automatic lights on/off with the display light sensor (860c only).
3 - Fixed (maybe) crash when navigating the configuration menus.
4 - Fixed stuck cursor in configuration menus.
5 - Fixed ERPS motor graph.
6 - Fixed conversion to Fahrenheit in temperature graph.
7 - Fixed display problem in the speed field.
8 - Modified display/motor compatibility check.
9 - Copied from the casainho version other bug fixes.

Download link in signature.

You might be using a new chip version (v1.2) of 860C (sold since april 2023). I forked and adapted the 860C firmware here (thanks to Emmebrusa and APT team support) GitHub - SykloFR/Color_LCD_860C_V1.2: Color LCD 860C V1.2 for TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware
Yesterday I received a second 860C screen purchased from the same store as the first (Ebird by Aliexpress). Oddly it didn't work with your firmware, but it works with the Emmebrusa version…

They seem to be different chip versions: v1.2 for the first and v2.0 for the second.

Attachments

• IMG_4213.jpeg
    IMG_4213.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi All. Maybe a stupid question, but I have a TSDZ2B 500w mid motor with a 850c display. I was capable to flash the emmebrusa firmware or at least I think I flashed it succesfully (java configurator after flash and compile said that it is succesfull) and it should be because one time I chose no throttle and that time it was not functioning after a re-flash with throttle it worked again.

My question is that according to manual lot of configuration what I have choose in the java configurator can be changed later on the display, but on the display I see no new settings point, it does not changed at all. Am I doing something wrong or I have to do anything else in addition to change those parameters later on the go?

Hi All. Maybe a stupid question, but I have a TSDZ2B 500w mid motor with a 850c display. I was capable to flash the emmebrusa firmware or at least I think I flashed it succesfully (java configurator after flash and compile said that it is succesfull) and it should be because one time I chose no throttle and that time it was not functioning after a re-flash with throttle it worked again.

My question is that according to manual lot of configuration what I have choose in the java configurator can be changed later on the display, but on the display I see no new settings point, it does not changed at all. Am I doing something wrong or I have to do anything else in addition to change those parameters later on the go?
Ohh if I understood right I should also flash the screen as well. Without flashing the screen everything is working fine with the new motor firmware, just I have not so many function on the screen?

This 850c version can be flashed?

Attachments

• 20231117_074855.jpg
    20231117_074855.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 8
I had a list of bug reports and suggestions for the 860C display. Everything fixed.
This should be the final version, compatible with OSF motor v20.1C.4-3 and later, here is the list of changes:

Open source firmware TSDZ2 v20.1C.4-update-4 for 860C displays
1 - Supports new 860C V1.2 April 2023 display (by SykloFR).
2 - Automatic lights on/off with the display light sensor (860c only).
3 - Fixed (maybe) crash when navigating the configuration menus.
4 - Fixed stuck cursor in configuration menus.
5 - Fixed ERPS motor graph.
6 - Fixed conversion to Fahrenheit in temperature graph.
7 - Fixed display problem in the speed field.
8 - Modified display/motor compatibility check.
9 - Copied from the casainho version other bug fixes.

Download link in signature.
I managed to install update 4 on an 860C v2.0, but on v1.2 it freezes on the first page.

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Can you be more clear?
What bin file did you use with v1.2? And with v2.0?

Do you confirm that with the SkiloFR bin file, v1.2 works
For v2.0, your updates 3 and 4 work.

But for v1.2 only the SikloFR version works.

SykloFR version does not work on 860C v2.0

Excuse my lack of clarity, my text is translated from French with Google translate…

Last edited:
....Without flashing the screen everything is working fine with the new motor firmware, just I have not so many function on the screen?

This 850c version can be flashed?
There are different types of 850C.
The Bafang type can be flashed, the Tsdz2 type not.
If you bought the Tsdz2 kit with 850C and it works with stock firmware, you have a Tsdz2 type.
In that case you have to flash the controller only with Java configuration tool to get a working kit with 850C.

For v2.0, your updates 3 and 4 work.

But for v1.2 only the SikloFR version works.

SykloFR version does not work on 860C v2.0

Excuse my lack of clarity, my text is translated from French with Google translate…
The translation is double, from French to English and from English to Italian :LOL:
Maybe the question wasn't clear.
I understand that v2.0 works with files:
860C_v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin
860C_v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin
it's correct?
While with v1.2 it doesn't work with these files.
Have you tried v1.2 with file:
860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin ?

Yesterday I received a second 860C screen purchased from the same store as the first (Ebird by Aliexpress). Oddly it didn't work with your firmware, but it works with the Emmebrusa version…

They seem to be different chip versions: v1.2 for the first and v2.0 for the second.
Hi Paul,

Exactly, APT switched production to V1.2 version, but there are still V2 in warehouses of dealers...

The translation is double, from French to English and from English to Italian :LOL:
Maybe the question wasn't clear.
I understand that v2.0 works with files:
860C_v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin
860C_v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin
it's correct?
While with v1.2 it doesn't work with these files.
Yes, the v2.0 works with files :
860C-v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin and with the 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin

The v1.2 doesn’t work with these files.
With the 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin, after a few seconds, I only see the screen below:

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Yes, the v2.0 works with files :
860C-v20.1C.4-3-bootloader.bin and with the 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin

The v1.2 doesn’t work with these files.
With the 860C-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin, after a few seconds, I only see the screen below:
Ok, I already understood that.

Sorry if I insist, but you haven't answered my question yet.
It's another .bin file.

There are different types of 850C.
The Bafang type can be flashed, the Tsdz2 type not.
If you bought the Tsdz2 kit with 850C and it works with stock firmware, you have a Tsdz2 type.
In that case you have to flash the controller only with Java configuration tool to get a working kit with 850C.
Motor flash has been already done. Somebody said at the Facebook community that he was able to flash this 850c version, so now I am confused

Ok, I already understood that.

Sorry if I insist, but you haven't answered my question yet.

It's another .bin file.
Yes, the file 860C_V12-v20.1C.4-4-bootloader.bin works with screen v1.2.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the -V12 at the beginning of the file name….

Thanks for all that work!

Thanks for the confirmation.
I don't have all types of displays and therefore, to try, I need someone else's help.

I would also like to know, from someone who has SW102 with a previous version of OSF, who had the problem of the display freezing while navigating the configuration menu, whether the problem is overcome with this new version.

I would also like to know, from someone who has SW102 with a previous version of OSF, who had the problem of the display freezing while navigating the configuration menu, whether the problem is overcome with this new version.
I installed it on a SW102 and went a few times through all menus : no freeze ! With previous versions it would inevitably have happened sooner or later, so the problem seems solved indeed, thank you mbrusa :)

And now that I'm here, I'm having a little trouble : the voltage reading on the SW102 has become erratic : it changes every time I turn off and on the display, and values can be as much as 5V lower than actual. It recently happened, when I was using a previous version of the firmware.
I checked the battery and it seems fine. Is that a known controller or display issue ?

Back