TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Also did so the torque calibration today, MTB starts at 189 till 301 and the street bike is from 159 till 261. Can't test of they act different now because I'm Covid positive and I have to stay in quarantine with the family :(

StormTD5 said:
I can measure in a couple of days
No problem,
I thought for some practice for you, to improve your display handling skills. :wink:

casainho said:
mbrusa said:
I saw this bug, already fixed.
I needed to reduce the number of variables in eeprom, so all bool variables are saved in bit instead of byte. I had entered this which is not bool, it happens ...
mbrusa, would you like to support the TSDZ2 wireless board? the wireless board acts like a display, the firmware is similar to the one of SW102 display, with the advantage that it connects already to our mobile app. And the only other new features are ANT+ LEV for wireless connection of cycling GPS displays and the wireless remote. There is also support for connection to a regular wired remote, for the ones who do not like to use the wireless remote. I don´t have free time to keep developing the motor firmware, wireless firmware, displays firmware, mobile app and GPS displays apps!

860C and SW102 firmware data fields / structure were mainly developed by other developer that is not active anymore on this project - all this firmwares and softwares were a BIG work collaboration from different developers, some that are not active anymore on this project.
I understand Casainho, too many commitments, sometimes we need a break.
It could be interesting as a project but I have to think about it, before deciding I will have to understand what work involves.
I have all summer to think about it, programming is a winter hobby for me.
In the short term I will only follow the maintenance of the current version.

Elinx said:
StormTD5 said:
I can measure in a couple of days
No problem,
I thought for some practice for you, to improve your display handling skills. :wink:
So thoughtful of you :D
This bike has the VLCD 5, need to practice on that to :lol:

mbrusa said:
I understand Casainho, too many commitments, sometimes we need a break.
It could be interesting as a project but I have to think about it, before deciding I will have to understand what work involves.
I have all summer to think about it, programming is a winter hobby for me.
In the short term I will only follow the maintenance of the current version.
Yes, and this year I developed more due to the lockdown, unfortunately. I really miss the MTB events, with a lot of people!!

Something I did not but I understand it is very important, can you please keep a road plan written on the github? because that way help other developers to understand what can be the future and possible peak a feature to develop. With a road plan will also help me, because if you keep focus on the motor firmware, I can keep the focus on the mobile app and the wireless devices.

Can you please resume what features you removed and added to the original V1.1 firmware of 860C/SW102 displays?

And by the way, yesterday I did the very first ride to the beach at the end of day, here pictures with 1h difference. And I disable the ANT+ LEV on the Garmin Edge so the speed seen on the display is the one from the GPS of the Edge - I have no wheel sensor installed on my EBike to make the installation clean as possible. The hear rate graph, the value is measured on my smart watch at my arm:

And for the ones that may want to go minimalist with no display at all and/or speed sensor, today I tested my watch for the first time with TSDZ2 wireless - mbrusa, I hope you now can see the full potential of TSDZ2 wireless and support it.

On the next picture, the Battery SOC and the Power are from TSDZ2 and Speed and Distance are automatically calculated from the GPS of the watch.

And the watch measures also my heart rate, elevation, etc, and all that information including the TSDZ2 data can be automatically recorded (by the watch or the Edge GPS display) and seen for later analysis on the Garmin app, for instance:

image.png

HughF said:
This is fully operational on the SW102, and is really really fantastic firmware. The off the line performance in hybrid mode is fantastic.

Hopefully I'll get some miles on this one evening this week, if I can find my bike lights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job mbrusa and everyone who has contributed code and improvements to this over the years.

EDIT: I say fully operational - the menu's are accessible and adjustable, but the bugs in menu navigation are still there, the navigation hangs every once in a while, requiring a display power cycle.

Excuse me but what firmware version are you actually talking about??? Fully operational on sw102???
Unless you havn‘t received a more updated version of the temporary available 0.20.1c i would like you to test the firmware in-depth and shut up before posting nonsense like „Fully operational“.
Sorry for being rude but i wasted a lot of time due to false information like yours!

NOTHING is working fine with sw102!

Out of curiosity i installed this firmware although i was not unhappy with r0nkos firmware. The menu's are not „fully accessible and adjustable“ and the navigation does not „hang only every once in a while“ but ALWAYS!

1. Absolutly no access to menu „start boot“.
In the past months I tested 3 different forks for sw102 and i have never ever seen the content of this menu...
2. Menu „Torq cal“ opens but crashes ALWAYS immediately when you scroll down to enter a weight. First show-stopper for me! How am i supposed to use firmware reasonable if i can’t enter my sensor specific values?
3.If i change inside menu „torque cal“ to „calibrate enable“ and leave configuration screen the error „e: 2 Torqu“ appears on the screen after the „motor init Info“.
4. As already mentioned here somewhere above the shortcut for street mode is not working so no possibility to change legal/offroad mode - 2nd showstopper.
5. In the menu „technical“ i found it conspicuous that the value for „hall sens“ was only changing between 0 and 4.
6. Besides that the menues inside batt, soc and motor hang so often with the need to power off the whole system that i had to switch off the system every time i changed a value in the menu in order to save the edited value to avoid reenter everything when display freezes.

Maybe this info will be of any use for the developers or other sw102 users who consider to install this firmware in this temporary state of development. I can’t say anything about the motor response and won‘t unless at least the mentioned issues are‘t solved because this firmware is unusable for me at the moment.

Attachments

• 371BC0DA-07DB-4E2D-A07E-3979BC94E09B.jpeg
    371BC0DA-07DB-4E2D-A07E-3979BC94E09B.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 1,399
Peacepirate said:
HughF said:
This is fully operational on the SW102, and is really really fantastic firmware. The off the line performance in hybrid mode is fantastic.

Hopefully I'll get some miles on this one evening this week, if I can find my bike lights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job mbrusa and everyone who has contributed code and improvements to this over the years.

EDIT: I say fully operational - the menu's are accessible and adjustable, but the bugs in menu navigation are still there, the navigation hangs every once in a while, requiring a display power cycle.

Excuse me but what firmware version are you actually talking about??? Fully operational on sw102???
Unless you havn‘t received a more updated version of the temporary available 0.20.1c i would like you to test the firmware in-depth and shut up before posting nonsense like „Fully operational“.
Sorry for being rude but i wasted a lot of time due to false information like yours!

I absolutely agree with HughF and had the same experience as him.
There are occasional random freezes in the configuration menu, but nothing that did prevent me from setting up all parameters, and all menus are accessible (including torque sensor calibration with custom weight)
The street mode shortcut does work.

JohnAnanda said:
Peacepirate said:
Downloaded it from the link or received a version from developer?

The current 20.1C for 850C/860C/SW102 from GitHub.

I am no software developer and can’t explain that. Considering the picture i made i know at least i am not halluscinating. Resinstalled r0nkos firmware and everythings seems fine again, means i can config torque values/change street mode and display freezes only sometimes. Therefore i doubt any hardware related errors.

Peacepirate said:
HughF said:

Out of curiosity i installed this firmware although i was not unhappy with r0nkos firmware. The menu's are not „fully accessible and adjustable“ and the navigation does not „hang only every once in a while“ but ALWAYS!

In the past months I tested 3 different forks for sw102 and i have never ever seen the content of this menu...
2. Menu „Torq cal“ opens but crashes ALWAYS immediately when you scroll down to enter a weight. First show-stopper for me! How am i supposed to use firmware reasonable if i can’t enter my sensor specific values?
3.If i change inside menu „torque cal“ to „calibrate enable“ and leave configuration screen the error „e: 2 Torqu“ appears on the screen after the „motor init Info“.
4. As already mentioned here somewhere above the shortcut for street mode is not working so no possibility to change legal/offroad mode - 2nd showstopper.
5. In the menu „technical“ i found it conspicuous that the value for „hall sens“ was only changing between 0 and 4.
6. Besides that the menues inside batt, soc and motor hang so often with the need to power off the whole system that i had to switch off the system every time i changed a value in the menu in order to save the edited value to avoid reenter everything when display freezes.

Maybe this info will be of any use for the developers or other sw102 users who consider to install this firmware in this temporary state of development. I can’t say anything about the motor response and won‘t unless at least the mentioned issues are‘t solved because this firmware is unusable for me at the moment.

Has a go at me, tells me to shut up then comes back with a 'sorry for being rude'...

If you want to have a go at me, fine, but don't sugar coat it with a 'sorry for being rude' statement - I've got very thick skin and can bend over and take it like a man...

And as for 'wasting your time' - I'm not sorry one bit if you feel the 'mis-information' I posted has wasted your free time. Think of all the work the devs have done over the years on this project and get over your sense of self-entitlement.

Anywhere, where was I..... Oh yeah, what's with people on here lately? First user Azur posting page after page of rambling nonsense that wasn't even relevant to this firmware fork, then you come on and post that diatribe without even taking the time to test the motor response (which is the ultimate aim of the work being done on the firmware).

Some days I wonder why I even bother to contribute.

casainho said:
Can you please resume what features you removed and added to the original V1.1 firmware of 860C/SW102 displays?
Unfortunately it is not possible.
The initial idea was to maintain compatibility with v1.1.0, at the first tests there were problems with memory ram and eeprom, even increasing the menu items the display often crashed.
For this I had to eliminate everything unnecessary for the new version.
I think there aren't many resources available yet.

Impossible what sounds have been uttered here lately. Guys! This is open source here. Everyone has the free choice to use it and does not need to pay anything. If a user says SW102 is ok for them, then it will be. Why else should he write it? If it doesn't work for someone else, there will be reasons for that too. But you certainly can't blame the developer. They are sure to do their best. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible. Please go on. Thank you! :thumb: Sorry for my English, is translated with Google.

For me, too, the configuration menu at 860C got stuck shortly before I was finished. So what. I learn that the next time I leave the menu after a few menu items to save. So I just have to configure the rest. When I choose the penultimate menu item from top to bottom, I learn its freeze. If I select the same menu item from bottom to top, it works! All good! :thumb:

mbrusa said:
casainho said:
Unfortunately it is not possible.
The initial idea was to maintain compatibility with v1.1.0, at the first tests there were problems with memory ram and eeprom, even increasing the menu items the display often crashed.
For this I had to eliminate everything unnecessary for the new version.
I think there aren't many resources available yet.
ok but don't you know what features you removed?

I think is sad to lost the track of the features develop by me and other developers - for instance I was looking at your github repository and you did not fork any, you just uploaded the firmware without any history and that way is impossible to know what you did removed and what you did add - it is really important to keep the history so we can go back and see what was done and removed and understand why.

Mspider is using the commits history very well - it is important we keep sharing the technology information for other developers and no only the final firmware for users. Here a good example of doing both:

mspider65 said:
New v12 version of the controller firmware (only controller fw need to be updated):
https://github.com/TSDZ2-ESP32/TSDZ2-ESP32-Wiki/blob/master/bin/STM8/TSDZ2-v12.zip

For those interested in the changes made, just see the changes made with the last commit on github.

casainho said:
ok but don't you know what features you removed?

I think is sad to lost the track of the features develop by me and other developers - for instance I was looking at your github repository and you did not fork any, you just uploaded the firmware without any history and that way is impossible to know what you did removed and what you did add - it is really important to keep the history so we can go back and see what was done and removed and understand why.
Casainho, I don't understand why you write this, it's not true.
Maybe you haven't checked well, Color_LCD_860C is a fork of v1.1.0, and on my repository you can find all the differences you are interested in, for each file there is everything that has been changed, added or deleted.
Just look for them.
This is the link https://github.com/emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C/commit/9fe98958ae56d62521cc1a705dd02e94761e2d9a, choose the file and see the differences.
TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1 for stock displays is a fork of the v20beta1 and you can find all my intermediate modifications there.
TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-LCD3 and TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C are not forks, you will know that with a free account it is not possible to fork the same repository more than once.
They are clones of mspider65 v7, on my repository it is still possible to see the difference between the two versions and for those who want to see the previous story, just go to the mspider65 repository.

Peacepirate said:
HughF said:

I tested the 0.20.1c with the SW102 before it was released and it is fully functional. During the tests the display crashed only at the torque sensor option with coast brake. That is why Mbrusa decided move the torque calibration info to its own menu. Rest of the options worked and still work correctly.

I have the impression that you talk like a customer. Do you understand that this is a work in progress? Do you understand what a number 0.20.1c means in terms of development?
Mbrusa has given us the option of using the much needed motor boost feature in the SW102 for free using his personal time. As he said from day 1 he don't have the SW102 to test and refine the firmware.

hello you just launched your software. I haven't driven yet. Finish the wiring. I have a problem with the throttle, it looks like it doesn't work.

mbrusa said:
TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-LCD3 and TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C are not forks, you will know that with a free account it is not possible to fork the same repository more than once.
They are clones of mspider65 v7, on my repository it is still possible to see the difference between the two versions and for those who want to see the previous story, just go to the mspider65 repository.
Hmmm, I didn't know that about that forking limitations. Sorry, my mistake. I will then look to find the changes you did.

Hello All,

Thank you mbrusa, for the great work. Your new fw is a big improvement for the TSDZ2 users. I'm not a sw developer, and I appreciate all the work you (developers) have done over the time.

I've installed de new v0.20.1c, on my 2 bikes, one MTB with 850C display, and a city bike with 860C, both with 48V motor. Unfortunately, the fw did not work on the MTB, the display shows an error: "7 comms", it is not documented on the wiki. Can you, please, mbrusa, give some advice? - It seems something wrong with the controller, it's not the display, I've tried both.

Anyway, I tried today the city bike with the v0.20.1c, and the first thing I noticed was the smooth working of the motor, much less noise from the motor!
I tried the Hybrid mode with assist w/o pedal rotation, and no torque calibration. Now, I can start Uphill easily - with v.1.1.0, I couldn't. For me, this v0.20.1c is almost perfect.

I've ride some uphill sections (moderate step) with no more than 500m, and I noticed (with assit 7), and surprisingly big increase of temp (I received an warning in the display). I've read that the bug with wrong temp display was solved, but I wander... The second surprise was the pwm values over those uphill sections, always over 150, is that correct?

Congratulations for the wonderful work. :bigthumb:

Semogonif

Semogonif said:
I've ride some uphill sections (moderate step) with no more than 500m, and I noticed (with assit 7), and surprisingly big increase of temp (I received an warning in the display). I've read that the bug with wrong temp display was solved, but I wander... The second surprise was the pwm values over those uphill sections, always over 150, is that correct?

Semogonif

What was the motor current in amps?

Semogonif said:
I've installed de new v0.20.1c, on my 2 bikes, one MTB with 850C display, and a city bike with 860C, both with 48V motor. Unfortunately, the fw did not work on the MTB, the display shows an error: "7 comms", it is not documented on the wiki. Can you, please, mbrusa, give some advice? - It seems something wrong with the controller, it's not the display, I've tried both.
Error "7 Comms", there are problems in the communication between the display and the controller.
Check the wiring and connectors.
I forgot to report it, in the versions of mspider65 and therefore also in this one, the max PWM is not 100 but 254.
I need to change the PWM thresholds, warning (yellow) and error (red).
For the temperature, check the max current and max power.

jeff.page.rides said:
A New Subject THRESHOLDS!

If the thresholds, would work correctly it will be a big help! Some work and some don't, I will show what ones work and what ones don't and the ones I haven't tried below.

Motor Power is the most useful and it does not work. I think you should be able to set what motor power thresholds were you want it to be white, yellow, and red. For example, up to 350 watts, it shows white so you enter 350 at the min Max threshold then at 350 it turns yellow, and you enter 450 at the max Max threshold, and at 450, and above it turns Red.

Thresholds will make the graph or numeric field values fade to yellow or red color, depending on the variable value. For instance, as soon as motor speed starts to approach near its max value, the color will fade first to yellow and then to red. You can disable, set to manual or automatic the thresholds. I spent a lot of time trying to get some of these to work trying manual and automatic. Some of the numbers you can set do no relate to what the display shows. Like motor power, you can set it up to 2000 I tried every combo I could and it doesn't work.

If someone out there would get Motor Power display threshold and any of the other displays threshold working that would be great! Having the displays turning colors when you want helps you keep the power in a safe zone just at a quick glance.
Hi Jeff, I resume your speech on the thresholds for the color of the variables, yellow and red.
I have verified, for some variables there is no threshold, for others only in automatic or only in manual, for others both.
I think that whoever developed this piece of software has made choices, evaluating utilities / resources used, choices that I share.
The only variable for which there is no threshold and which instead would be very useful to have it is the engine power, on this I agree with you.
I will add this threshold with automatic operation, the maximum motor power can be set with different values ​​and also changes with street enable / disable.

Two notes:
- The value of "motor current" is not the current of the motor, but the same value of "battery current". I kept the variable active even if not used, because it is present in the choice of numeric fields and graphs.
- I already wrote it in the previous post, the PWM max is no longer 100 but 254. I will have to change the PWM thresholds, warning (yellow) and error (red).

Back