TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

mbrusa said:
I think that whoever developed this piece of software has made choices, evaluating utilities / resources used, choices that I share.
The only variable for which there is no threshold and which instead would be very useful to have it is the engine power, on this I agree with you.
I will add this threshold with automatic operation, the maximum motor power can be set with different values ​​and also changes with street enable / disable.

Two notes:
- The value of "motor current" is not the current of the motor, but the same value of "battery current". I kept the variable active even if not used, because it is present in the choice of numeric fields and graphs.
- I already wrote it in the previous post, the PWM max is no longer 100 but 254. I will have to change the PWM thresholds, warning (yellow) and error (red).
I did the thresholds implementation. And first I was using PWM max 254 but later changed to 0 - 100, as it is easy to understand 0 - 100%.

If I would implement the thresholds today and variables on the graphs, I would make also as a percentage, like motor power to be 0 - 100% and would be easy for user to understand how near is the max of motor power, meaning to not expect more assistance if motor is already at 100% of any of the variables.

I have plans to implement this same concepts of thresholds for the Garmin fields: numeric fields, gauge fields and graphics fields. The same could also be implemented on the mobile app that currently has only numeric fields.

And battery current and motor current are different, there are limitations for both to keep the motor controller safe. There was plan to have a ramp for both that currents, for keep in safe all the parts, motor controller, the plastic gear and battery pack.

mbrusa said:
Semogonif said:
I've installed de new v0.20.1c, on my 2 bikes, one MTB with 850C display, and a city bike with 860C, both with 48V motor. Unfortunately, the fw did not work on the MTB, the display shows an error: "7 comms", it is not documented on the wiki. Can you, please, mbrusa, give some advice? - It seems something wrong with the controller, it's not the display, I've tried both.
Error "7 Comms", there are problems in the communication between the display and the controller.
Check the wiring and connectors.
I've ride some uphill sections (moderate step) with no more than 500m, and I noticed (with assit 7), and surprisingly big increase of temp (I received an warning in the display). I've read that the bug with wrong temp display was solved, but I wander... The second surprise was the pwm values over those uphill sections, always over 150, is that correct?
I forgot to report it, in the versions of mspider65 and therefore also in this one, the max PWM is not 100 but 254.
I need to change the PWM thresholds, warning (yellow) and error (red).
For the temperature, check the max current and max power.

Thank you mbrusa, I will try to test further the temperature behavior.

Any ideas?

At the end of my last ride the motor was intermittently ghost peddling. I thought it was being caused by drag on the "clutches" etc...

Yesterday the bike went off by its self twice in emtb mode, once with me on it. The only way it would stop is by turning it off.
The motor sounded particularly loud and felt very powerful.

The motor is now constantly ghost peddling, even in torque and emtb modes.

Just as I got home I lost all assistance, but still had power.
The display was showing speed, motor power etc, even though I was stationary.
The display appeared to be functioning normally ie: I could navigate menus etc..., but the info from the motor was frozen.

Is this a known issue?
Is my motor broken?
is it a bug?
Am I doing something wrong/not done something I should?

Any help gratefully received.

I was really enjoying it, before it all went wrong. I had even managed to get up a particularly steep slope, that had previously outwitted me.

Hi all,

I was not active for a while and noticed some of the issues raised.

For hardware calibration you can use this guide. It contains a lot of pictures and problems with solutions.
https://github.com/bbeschea/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Torque-sensor-hardware-calibration

Also noticed quite some bad blood from some users. Please keep in mind that Mbrusa spent months on work to create this software. This time is used from the personal free time because there is also a Job to be done. How I know this, is that I made just an adaptation of mspider65 v7 to only LCD3 and spent more than one week of serious work.

Also be aware that all devs created only versions for themselves. Mbrusa created versions for ALL displays even if his bike uses stock display.

For this I consider he earned our respect. Let's complain less and enjoy this software in the warm days to come :).

Hi,
I'm a beginner and I installed version 20 open source with the default values, but the result is worse than with the official version: I do not understand why. I notice that there is no longer any difference between the level of assistance 2 3 and 4 and the assistance in general is lower. If someone has an idea ? I'm also looking for a way to read the assit level values in the official firmware version, which should be stored in a specific area of one of the three files I guess ? If anyone can tell me where to find this information? thank you in advance … (vlcd5)

mic191 said:
I'm a beginner and I installed version 20 open source with the default values,

Hi,
By default street mode is activated on startup and streetmode is limidet to 250W. Try offroad mode by pushing light button twice in assist level 1.

mic191 said:
... I installed version 20 open source with the default values, but the result is worse than with the official version....
I assume you have installed v0.20.1C. Normally with default values the motor must running OK.
If this isn't the case and assistence is very low, your torque sensor has problably (very) low sensitivity.
You can find out the range of the torque sensor through a calibration. See the manuals for that. (also read back a bit)
If you then setup min./max. calibration values in the configurator with checked "advanced torque on start up" should improve things.

Hi,

I've now my two bikes working with the v0.20.1C, one has 860C display, the other one the 850C (I had some connection problems in the beginning with the 850C, but are solved now).

Although, my 850C display don't read the temperature, it shows always zero "0" (I have the LM35 sensor installed on both bikes).
I installed the 860C with the same Controller, and the temperature reading is correct.
I've read that some of you have the 850C displaying correctly the temperature, so it seems that not all 850C are equal...

Mr.Flibble said:
Any ideas?

At the end of my last ride the motor was intermittently ghost peddling. I thought it was being caused by drag on the "clutches" etc...

Yesterday the bike went off by its self twice in emtb mode, once with me on it. The only way it would stop is by turning it off.

The display appeared to be functioning normally ie: I could navigate menus etc..., but the info from the motor was frozen.

Is this a known issue?
Is my motor broken?
is it a bug?

I was really enjoying it, before it all went wrong. I had even managed to get up a particularly steep slope, that had previously outwitted me.
Haha, do you mean that there is someone pedaling in your place without you noticing?
It is not a known problem and it is not an error, to understand I should have some more information.
The display works but the motor controller appears to be stuck.
Is there no more assistance control when pedaling?
When you turn off the display and turn it back on, is everything working again?

mbrusa said:
Mr.Flibble said:
Any ideas?

Is this a known issue?
Is my motor broken?
is it a bug?

Haha, do you mean that there is someone pedaling in your place without you noticing?
Yep, I went at least a mile and halfway up a hill without moving my feet in emtb mode.

[/quote]
It is not a known problem and it is not an error, to understand I should have some more information.
The display works but the motor controller appears to be stuck.
Is there no more assistance control when pedaling?
When you turn off the display and turn it back on, is everything working again?
[/quote]
I have reseated and cleaned all the connectors, everything appeared ok until the top of the first hill :(
The longer I ride the worse it gets. I stopped for some time and it started behaving again.

The display (860c) is showing 4-6 torques while ghost peddling during misbehaving, and zero when it behaves.

It went off on it's own again, but stopped when I picked it up and bounced the bike.

I'm beginning to think it may be a dry joint on the controller, causing a torque over read when it gets warm.
Pulling the battery doesn't seem to make any difference, just leaving it for some time.

When the controller appeared to lock up there was no assistance from the motor even though the display said there was.
The torque sensor readings were zero and did not change.
Turning it off and on cleared that, but it was still ghost peddling like a %$**.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I have an SW102. Do I need to break it open and flash it with the nrf51822_sw102.bin firmware ?
Presumably it won't work with the stock firmware the device originally comes with?

Mr.Flibble said:
Yep, I went at least a mile and halfway up a hill without moving my feet in emtb mode.

I have reseated and cleaned all the connectors, everything appeared ok until the top of the first hill :(
The longer I ride the worse it gets. I stopped for some time and it started behaving again.

The display (860c) is showing 4-6 torques while ghost peddling during misbehaving, and zero when it behaves.

It went off on it's own again, but stopped when I picked it up and bounced the bike.

I'm beginning to think it may be a dry joint on the controller, causing a torque over read when it gets warm.
Pulling the battery doesn't seem to make any difference, just leaving it for some time.

When the controller appeared to lock up there was no assistance from the motor even though the display said there was.
The torque sensor readings were zero and did not change.
Turning it off and on cleared that, but it was still ghost peddling like a %$**.

Any ideas gratefully received.
I did not understand the problem, the translation is partly incomprehensible.
Try reading this thread from mid-page 52 onwards.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&p=1570111&hilit=option+byte#p1570111
If you recognize the same problem as you, try flashing the option byte stock file. There is no logic but someone has solved it.

mbrusa said:
Mr.Flibble said:
One question, is this problem only in eMTB mode?
Have you enabled "Assist without pedal rotation"?
Have you tried in Power mode?
Torque, emtb, and hybrid
Assist without pedal rotation is off.
I have not tried it in power mode.

I opened the motor today, and there seems to have been some water ingress.
All the connections appear clean, but one of the torque sensor springs has escaped.
Any suggestions of where to get replacements?

Basically, the longer I ride, the more it ghost peddles, until it keeps going by its self.

jeff.page.rides said:
Under Motor, settings are Min current ADC step set to 0? If I set mine to anything but 0 it wants to keep going

Tried that, and it makes no difference. It was only on 1 anyway.

Thx.

Mr.Flibble said:
jeff.page.rides said:
Under Motor, settings are Min current ADC step set to 0? If I set mine to anything but 0 it wants to keep going

Tried that, and it makes no difference. It was only on 1 anyway.

Thx.

The other settings that I use are I turn all the ADC settings as low as possible.

Then when I set the Torque sensor ADC offset I set it 5 numbers higher than what it shows in Technical.
ADC value of the torque sensor without any push on the pedals.
It is obtained from the calibration procedure to be carried out on the display.
When you need to increase the sensitivity at the start, for example with an arm-bike, subtract a number from 1 to 10 from the value obtained. If the power assist wants to go before you do add a number to the value.
Caution: Decreasing the offset value too much can cause an unwanted start and/or a delayed motor stop.

mbrusa said:
Mr.Flibble said:
All the connections appear clean, but one of the torque sensor springs has escaped.
The only springs I have seen are from this seller, unfortunately the delivery times are long.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32865456985.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d8TYVrl

I have read that on newer motors the springs are not 3, but 2.

I ordered from that seller torque sensor. I wanted old one with three springs. They send me message we don't have three spring version available, do you accept two spring version. I accepted and they sent me two spring version with three springs.

You can remove one knob from old torque sensor and glue it to new one which have only two knobs.

Glued_torque_sensor_knog.JPG

mbrusa said:
Mr.Flibble said:
The only springs I have seen are from this seller, unfortunately the delivery times are long.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32865456985.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d8TYVrl

I've ordered those, but who knows how long they will take with a drunk driver blocking the canal :(
I found something similar on Amazon, and they will be here tomorrow.

I think it's the number of lugs on the "torque ring" that's reduced to two rather than the springs.
The spring escaped by flying through the air, and disappeared into a dark garage never to be seen again :(

Thx

dameri said:
mbrusa said:
Mr.Flibble said:

I ordered from that seller torque sensor. I wanted old one with three springs. They send me message we don't have three spring version available, do you accept two spring version. I accepted and they sent me two spring version with three springs.

You can remove one knob from old torque sensor and glue it to new one which have only two knobs.

Glued_torque_sensor_knog.JPG

Confused.....
The HMM says the springs go in the elongated holes, but the wiki has them going in the round ones where the lugs from the torque ring go?

Back