TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Atrihalov said:
mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Hello everyone. I have a VLCD-5 display, I cannot enter the calibration of the torque sensor. I press the light button 6 times, nothing happens. Help me please.
Is "Set parameters on startup" enabled?

I do not know for sure. Does this parameter affect something?
This is just to have access to the parameters.
Then, after pressing the light button 6 times, to view the torque sensor value you have to press it 2 more.

Copy & paste from the manual:
Choice of torque sensor advanced
The “Torque sensor advanced” function, if enabled, optimizes the range of use of the torque sensor.
Calibration required, see parameter configuration guide.
It is enabled/disabled at level 1, by setting E04 - TORQUE SENSOR ADV, lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashing.
Torque sensor ADC calibration.
In this menu position with E04 flashing, by pressing the lights button again (on), the ADC value of the torque sensor is displayed for 5 seconds, by pressing it again (off) the display time increases to 25 seconds, sufficient to obtain the ADC calibration values to be entered in the configurator.
The ADC value of the torque sensor without any push on the pedals in "Pedal torque ADC offset".
The ADC value of the torque sensor with the maximum thrust applied to the pedal (cyclist standing, on the right pedal in horizontal position) in “Pedal torque ADC max”.
To end the operation before the end of the time, change the level, or continue for the next calibration.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Hello everyone. I have a VLCD-5 display, I cannot enter the calibration of the torque sensor. I press the light button 6 times, nothing happens. Help me please.
Is "Set parameters on startup" enabled?

I do not know for sure. Does this parameter affect something?
This is just to have access to the parameters.
Then, after pressing the light button 6 times, to view the torque sensor value you have to press it 2 more.

Copy & paste from the manual:
Choice of torque sensor advanced
The “Torque sensor advanced” function, if enabled, optimizes the range of use of the torque sensor.
Calibration required, see parameter configuration guide.
It is enabled/disabled at level 1, by setting E04 - TORQUE SENSOR ADV, lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashing.
Torque sensor ADC calibration.
In this menu position with E04 flashing, by pressing the lights button again (on), the ADC value of the torque sensor is displayed for 5 seconds, by pressing it again (off) the display time increases to 25 seconds, sufficient to obtain the ADC calibration values to be entered in the configurator.
The ADC value of the torque sensor without any push on the pedals in "Pedal torque ADC offset".
The ADC value of the torque sensor with the maximum thrust applied to the pedal (cyclist standing, on the right pedal in horizontal position) in “Pedal torque ADC max”.
To end the operation before the end of the time, change the level, or continue for the next calibration.
Thank you, I'll try to flash it again through the configurator, apparently the function is not enabled.

mbrusa said:
@ thepowerof4 @JohnAnanda, from what you write the calibration with SW102 does not work correctly.
Unfortunately, not being able to try, I have to rely on the feedback of those who use it.
It appears that the Torque offset value is saved, but at power up, the default value is always used. I'll try to understand why.

Thank you for all the efforts, really. If you need any help with any feedback of any kind on the SW102, I'd gladly help while I still have it. I'll be switching to the 860c, which seems to be problem-free.

thepowerof4 said:
mbrusa said:
@ thepowerof4 @JohnAnanda, from what you write the calibration with SW102 does not work correctly.
Unfortunately, not being able to try, I have to rely on the feedback of those who use it.
It appears that the Torque offset value is saved, but at power up, the default value is always used. I'll try to understand why.

Thank you for all the efforts, really. If you need any help with any feedback of any kind on the SW102, I'd gladly help while I still have it. I'll be switching to the 860c, which seems to be problem-free.

Anybody in for a SW102 donation to Mbrusa (if he's interested) ?
I could order it and make the initial flahing with the case opening - I'm getting used to the process - before sending it to him.
PM me if you want to participate )

mbrusa said:
mallesepp said:
Beli said:
After applying pop cc at the right place and 10km it seems to be okay :thumb:
Is there a compiled version to test with this last change!
Update released
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/releases/tag/v20.1C.2-860C
Thanks! Update v20.1C.2 made. It's great that the configuration data no longer have to be completely re-entered. I only had to activate the display of the time. The first test drive was without any abnormalities. I have to take a long drive. Many thanks.

Hi!

I noticed quite a few updates for 860c and standard display, but I can not find any updates for LCD3. It is same release from February. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I am talking about motor + display code not just display.

Thanks!

maximusdm said:
I noticed quite a few updates for 860c and standard display, but I can not find any updates for LCD3. ....
imho only for 860C, because of some bugs, stock and lcd3 still on 1C.
Be patience and enjoy. Updates will come when mbrusa thinks it's time.

JohnAnanda said:
Anybody in for a SW102 donation to Mbrusa (if he's interested) ?
I could order it and make the initial flahing with the case opening - I'm getting used to the process - before sending it to him.
PM me if you want to participate )
Thanks for the thought, not for now. It has already been proposed to me by others.
Programming is a winter hobby for me.
I will consider next winter if I also commit myself with SW102.

mbrusa said:

I've got the same feeling like that the offset value hasn't change on sw102 during calibration despite the value is displayed correctly after reboot.
Also I do not see any difference with motor reacts when the calibration is on and off.

What more I notice much more powerfull assistance on 1st level (default value) than 0.8 version or 1.1.0.
On Torque, Hybrid or eMTB mode I can pedal without any resistance and "human power" show more than 500W. When I riding uphill the "human power" show more than 2000W - engine behavior is unpredictable.
I think it can be connected with calibration problem on sw102.

If I could correctly calibrate torque sensor this will be the best software for me.
My setup:
Battery 13s5p
TSDZ2 48V 750W
Torque adc offset - 220
Torque adc max - 320

thepowerof4 said:
Hi guys, I just wanted to share a couple of observations on the TSDZ2 that I've been riding actively for a week now on a full-suspension MTB.

I'm on OSF v20.1C.2 and I love it, I very much appreciate the work done by all the enthusiasts. I did the calibration of the torque sensor - no load, 25kg and full load and the respective ADC values were 142, 238 and 272. While cycling uphill yesterday, at a short rest in eMTB mode I noticed that the motor was providing power with me off the bike. I went into "Technical" and saw the no-load ADC at 153. Decided to try full load and it was 302 - very strange. I can't have gained that much weight overnight. Although I've done the heat dissipation mods with quality pads and paste and temperature is in control, the motor had warmed up quite a bit. I adjusted the offset ADC and the max ADC and went on cycling. At another rest, with the motor having cooled down quite a bit now, I checked the ADC values again and they were close to the initial ones. So temperature does influence materials' properties quite a bit, no surprise. But this greatly defeats the purpose of the calibration, not sure what to suggest. Perhaps brands like Bosch have temperature compensation for this, who knows.

I'm on the SW102, but I've ordered the 860c as the SW102 freezes randomly far too often in the calibrations menus. Happens randomly and can be circumvented by going out of the menu often to save settings, but it happens every single time I go to Torque Calibration and try to scroll past the 25-kg weight ADC value (default 250). This also happens on OSF 1.1.0 randomly. The SW102 for me is a frustration. I've searched for these freezes and it seems I'm not the only one with the SW102 having them, so that's a relief.

Also, this is probably not the best place to share this, but I saw on another board a user who had replaced the oil seal on the chainring adapter with a bearing of the same size - I tried that and it fits perfectly. I think this helps prevent play at the big clutch bearing as it reduces lateral forces on it caused by the imperfect chainline, It may prevent failure, we'll see. It might also help offload some of the shaft bending forces, I'm guessing.

Anyway, I love the TSDZ2 and the OSF, I'd be gladly making a modest donation. Thank you!

Mine was doing this, and just kept getting worse, until it went all by itself.
A new torque sensor was the fix.

lobo0 said:
mbrusa said:

I've got the same feeling like that the offset value hasn't change on sw102 during calibration despite the value is displayed correctly after reboot.
Also I do not see any difference with motor reacts when the calibration is on and off.

What more I notice much more powerfull assistance on 1st level (default value) than 0.8 version or 1.1.0.
On Torque, Hybrid or eMTB mode I can pedal without any resistance and "human power" show more than 500W. When I riding uphill the "human power" show more than 2000W - engine behavior is unpredictable.

If I could correctly calibrate torque sensor this will be the best software for me.
My setup:
Battery 13s5p
TSDZ2 48V 750W
Torque adc offset - 220
Torque adc max - 320
This is the new version to try, fixed the problem of "Torque offset" calibration with SW102, also updated to mspider65 v13.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/tree/master/releases/v20.1C.3-860C

Thanks @mbrusa.
I loaded this soft and it is looks good - after calibration there is no torque error. Later I will test it on my mountain ride.

What has been change regarding previous version of mspider65 v12?

maximusdm said:
Hi!

I noticed quite a few updates for 860c and standard display, but I can not find any updates for LCD3. It is same release from February. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I am talking about motor + display code not just display.

Thanks!

You have a PM.

mbrusa said:
lobo0 said:
mbrusa said:

My setup:
Battery 13s5p
TSDZ2 48V 750W
Torque adc offset - 220
Torque adc max - 320
This is the new version to try, fixed the problem of "Torque offset" calibration with SW102, also updated to mspider65 v13.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/tree/master/releases/v20.1C.3-860C

Everything is working fine - there is no more problem with calibration on SW102. Motor is quieter then on others software (v0.8 v1.1), but on the same route in the mountain eats more energy (5-10%) and motor has bigger temperature.
The ride is smooth even on the steep hills.
Hybrid mode is my favorite.
Grate job @mbrusa

mbrusa said:

Wow, I still haven't tested it, but thank you so much for this effort, when you have zero obligations for it, other than being a cool guy! Cheers!

Do you have a paypal or patreon or something else, so we can buy you a beer? Honest question, and it's not intended into pressuring you to continue obliging to SW102 owners.

Has anyone else had issues with the newest version of the 850c Display? I have an 850c display with a serial code stating it was made in March 2021 and I uploaded the V1.0.0 firmware and the LCD would not power on.

Looks like it has been talked about a little bit on the threads and someone has made a patch using some of the 860c code to initialize.

Here is the post

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93818&p=1623369&hilit=850c#p1623369

Is anyone able to convert this into a .bin file that can be used in the APT burn software? I will happily compensate via Paypal / any means for the time. I have PMed Mbrusa as well but if there is anyone else it would be wonderfully appreciated. My programming knowledge is way too limited to be able to do it.

have tested the c3 times. at cadence over 60 there is hardly any power left.

MFG Michael

michih. said:
have tested the c3 times. at cadence over 60 there is hardly any power left.

MFG Michael

Field weakening activated or deactivated? I have deactivated! Normal support in my range. (of around 80)
mfg
Sepp

Back