TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

freexxx said:
Hi
Can you please tell me what is the difference between casaini and mbrusa version. Is the mbrusa version an improvement on the casaini version? Which is better and more stable these days?
Thanks
Hi,
I think the Casainho version has now been replaced by Mbrusa's as he now includes versions for all types of displays. However the firmware for the Bafang displays is still fairly new so there may be further developments.
I first tried Casainho's version 1.1 with the SW102 display and found it difficult to access the Config menu. The main problem was the up and down buttons are designed as a rocker switch and difficult to press both at the same time. Whilst I could sometimes get into the menu this was very frustrating. It put me off changing other settings to make the bike work as I wanted. Having set up the essentials and leaving the rest at default the power distribution was very poor: little power at the start and too much at high cadence. The Wiki instructions still say "start boost buggy", there is also a confusion between "enable and disable" on this function. Also taking the display apart and attaching programming wires was fiddly. After a month or so I gave up and went back to the stock firmware. The Tongsheng kit does work pretty well straight out of the box. However it lacks power at higher pedal cadence.
Then I tried the Mbrusa version 20.1C for the original displays. I have the small VLCD6 and really like it. I was initially worried about downloading and installing various programs to my pc. But it all worked. It's easy to set up with very well written instructions. Using the Java configurator program was straightforward. Having now ridden around 2000km with this firmware I've had no problems and would recommend it to anyone. I ride a full suss mountain bike and set the eMTB mode as default. I've reset the levels to 3,6,9,12 and also have street mode enabled on startup. The strange multiple lights pressing seems odd at first but once you've got it it's easy to remember and very clever.
Of course Casainho deserves huge credit as the original creator of the OS firmware, and also to many others who contributed, however Mbrusa's (for the original displays) is a really user friendly version and to my knowledge totally finished and bug free.

jbalat said:
Yep just set this to 1000w and max amps to 18A and play around with the assist multipliers to get the type of feel you want. It will only climb above 250w in strong winds or up hills. I only adjust the power down when I'm running low on battery.

Unfortunately anything over 250w continuous will start overheating the motor... very slowly above 220w but above 350w it will probably only give you about 15 minutes and above 500w maybe less than 5 minutes.. Saying that its very rare to be running at over 500w unless you are battling a hurricane and want to maintain 40km/hr.. all depends on the terrain, speed and conditions.

I want to share my experience.
I got a 36v engine with a 52v battery. Running 1000 watt with 18 amps as max setting. Installed temperature sensor with heat mod.
Mostly riding in flat area, sometimes i go uphill for about 100 highmeters.
No problem right now with temperature.
Engine temperature is highly dependent on ambient temperature for me. Since it was mostly under 20 degress Celsius i was always under 65 degrees on engine. Once i pushed the engine hard uphill for some minutes and hit on top 66 degress just when my engine start to limit power.

Are there multiple heat modes on the forum that exactly you are using? and he proved himself to you.

Just bringing up all our motors to the same KT- LCD3 display ( easiest to customise to each individuals requirements and good in sunlight ) and bought a batch of 3 from Ali Express.

All 3 exhibits a problem. On programming, the up and down buttons no longer work. All the other display functions are working and including the centre button. If we just connect the display without programming the buttons work fine but obviously the display data fields are wrong.

The only difference with these units than the previous units is that they were program locked and I've had to unlock the display by changing the option byte. Has this created a problem ?

Any clues ?

Thanks.

jbalat said:
Yep just set this to 1000w and max amps to 18A and play around with the assist multipliers to get the type of feel you want. It will only climb above 250w in strong winds or up hills. I only adjust the power down when I'm running low on battery.

Unfortunately anything over 250w continuous will start overheating the motor... very slowly above 220w but above 350w it will probably only give you about 15 minutes and above 500w maybe less than 5 minutes.. Saying that its very rare to be running at over 500w unless you are battling a hurricane and want to maintain 40km/hr.. all depends on the terrain, speed and conditions.

Thanx! Will try the 1000w/18A setting.

Waynemarlow said:
Just bringing up all our motors to the same KT- LCD3 display ( easiest to customise to each individuals requirements and good in sunlight ) and bought a batch of 3 from Ali Express.

All 3 exhibits a problem. On programming, the up and down buttons no longer work. All the other display functions are working and including the centre button. If we just connect the display without programming the buttons work fine but obviously the display data fields are wrong.

The only difference with these units than the previous units is that they were program locked and I've had to unlock the display by changing the option byte. Has this created a problem ?

Any clues ?

Thanks.
Hi Whyne, to understand I need some more information.
Don't access the setup menu by long pressing the UP and DOWN buttons?
Do the UP and DOWN buttons change the assistance level?
What do you mean "If we just connect the display without programming the buttons work fine but obviously the display data fields are wrong"?

Waynemarlow said:
On programming, the up and down buttons no longer work. All the other display functions are working and including the centre button. If we just connect the display without programming the buttons work fine but obviously the display data fields are wrong.

I guess you are talking about the Open Source firmware from Casainho for the LCD3?!

You can check, if the buttons are still connected to the same processor pins. See the pins.h.

* PB2 | /button down
* PB1 | /button up
* PB0 | /button ON/OFF

19-2.png

regards
stancecoke

mbrusa said:
Hi Whyne, to understand I need some more information.
Don't access the setup menu by long pressing the UP and DOWN buttons?
Do the UP and DOWN buttons change the assistance level?
What do you mean "If we just connect the display without programming the buttons work fine but obviously the display data fields are wrong"?
MBrusa,

If we leave the display with the KT-LCD3 firmware as from the factory and connect it to the TSDZ2 motor correctly, the up and down buttons will move the assist levels correctly, the data fields are incorrect however. If we program the display with the KT-LCD3 firmware of the latest version I have ( 3C Test ) the up and down keypads no longer work and one cannot change the assist levels. All the data fields are correct and the centre button works correctly.

To program the display I need first to program the option byte to unlock the display. All the previous displays we have used have not needed the option byte changed to unlock the display. That’s the only difference I can see as the older display we have will program to this latest version and allow full use of the up and down key.

Thanks
Wayne

Waynemarlow said:
the option byte changed

You can check option byte OPT2, Bit5 (AFR5). It remaps pins B0 und B1. See page 49 of the datasheet:
https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/development/EmbeddedFiles/9-STM8S10xx.pdf

AFR5 Alternate function remapping option 5
0: AFR5 remapping option inactive: Default alternate function.(2)
1: Port B3 alternate function = TIM1_ETR; port B2 alternate function =
TIM1_NCC3; port B1 alternate function = TIM1_CH2N; port B0 alternate
function = TIM1_CH1N.

regards
stancecoke

HI,
I´m upload new FW to TZDS2 motor and virtual throotle does not work without bicycle... Can not up button incerement. I been downgrade firmaware download and same problem. But downgraden 20.C3 It was operational temporarily. :shock: PS: i do not have bicylce yet. It is ok???

I must factory reset 860C display when i can set on and use throttle. this is video where i have a problem with thottle with set speed 5 (first speed) and other speed is ok not jerky movement. I can use assit 1-9 same problem...https://uloz.to/file/hj7BSJeCJwO0/t...AJEvAGHlLmtkBJH2AJZjZmOCq0cWBSuTpJqbM2LmBD==

add:
but if I change settings to reccomend from embrusa :thumb: throttle first speed(5) not jerky movement but I have only 2 speed (throttle) other speed on display no change. It si normal?

mbrusa said:
All versions updated.

I just went for a short test ride with SW102 version... It's great !
On my usual test hill at max power (48V motor, 14S battery, 800W/17A) the motor is almost 10°C cooler than before !
Also the power delivery at higher cadence with field weakening enabled is better : with the previous version there was a noticeable power drop around 80-90 cadence.. It's not the case anymore.

Mbrusa, Mspider65, you're amazing guys, thank you !!

Hi
I already have everything installed. :D I have a question is it necessary to install brake sensors? I have hydraulic brakes and the last FW + 860C.

Thank's for new firmware. I had on torque mode little problem with previous firmware. When I touch lightly pedal motor started to run. Newest firmware problem is gone. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

HI
Im really amazed by new Mbrusa firmware. Just installed in a new bike. Is great!
Question
My father bike has 2020 Tsdz2 motor with 8 pins LCD5. Old controller.
How to update ( if I can) to new firmware from Mbrusa?
I mean for 860 C all is done and works great. I have a necessary cables and no question for that,
But with this 8 pin LCD5 I have a problem:
I can not find firmware files for that
Do I have to program LCD5 somehow or in this case is just motor to be programmed? ( controller to be more specyfic)
Please help:)

martin.shane said:
HI
Im really amazed by new Mbrusa firmware. Just installed in a new bike. Is great!
Question
My father bike has 2020 Tsdz2 motor with 8 pins LCD5. Old controller.
How to update ( if I can) to new firmware from Mbrusa?
I mean for 860 C all is done and works great. I have a necessary cables and no question for that,
Do I have to program LCD5 somehow or in this case is just motor to be programmed? ( controller to be more specyfic)
Please help:)
I think that programming is done with the same Hex file :) the difference is only in the number of cables so it should not make any difference [emoji3]

Sent from my MAX1 using Tapatalka

martin.shane said:
Vlcd5 is stock display with stock FW, so you don't flash it.
You only need to flash the controller with the java configurator.
It is important that STVP and SDCC (4.1.0) are installed inside the root and not in "program files"
So the compile&flash script can find these utilities.

For setting up the values, read the configuration manual.
For handling the stock display, read the display manual.
Both manuals are inside the download too.

woojak said:
...I think that programming is done with the same Hex file ....
Not exactly, because the configuration values are saved to the controller beforehand, which is not the case with lcd3 or 860C, where you setup the conroller with the display.
For the stock display you need the java configurator that will compile the controller hex file before flashing with the desired values.

Vlcd5 is stock display with stock FW, so you don't flash it.
You only need to flash the controller with the java configurator.
It is important that STVP and SDCC (4.1.0) are installed inside the root and not in "program files"
So the compile&flash script can find these utilities.
OK. Java configurator... hmm. Another software besides SVTP?
Is there any step by step manual to do it as it is for 860C?

I think that programming is done with the same Hex file ....
Not exactly, because the configuration values are saved to the controller beforehand, which is not the case with lcd3 or 860C, where you setup the conroller with the display.
For the stock display you need the java configurator that will compile the controller hex file before flashing with the desired values
I think I will give up with LCD5 programming:) :lol: :?: :?:

Last question.
For the new version of OSF -V20.1c3 I have downloaded .hex file for programing controller but what about bootloader. Should I use V20.1C2 as I do not see updated version for 860C ( version 3)
Thanks for help

Back