Turnigy CA120-70 8600W Brushless Outrunner (100c eq)

grindz145 said:
homer said:
How would this perform with 6s? I'm thinking in using it in a quadocopter... 6S?

I hope this quadcopter is capable of flying to the moon... :mrgreen: Super overkill.

I'm hopeing it's a quad-copter back-pack built for flying a person around.

Nano-tech's make previously impossible electric things like that possible (or at least more possible).

toolman2 said:
...is it right to say at 4.8mohms that: 430 squared times .0048 =887.5watts of heat to the windings?
...dissipating 887w is probly not a very healthy option for this motor, but i spose it could take it for about half a minute.
Yes. Plus, there's the heat from the iron losses...
Definitely a short term peak amps rating...

liveforphysics said:

Nano-tech's make previously impossible electric things like that possible (or at least more possible).
Like a brushless ducted fan jet wing ;)

Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:

pft ...real men use av gas not electricity for their 'flying wings' :mrgreen:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/468993/jetman/

Jumping out of a plan takes some balls but Strapping a wing with 4 jets on it and jumping out of a plane takes some REAL big kahunas don't it... :shock:

KiM

AussieJester said:
Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:

pft ...real men use av gas not electricity for their 'flying wings' :mrgreen:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/468993/jetman/

Jumping out of a plan takes some balls but Strapping a wing with 4 jets on it and jumping out of a plane takes some REAL big kahunas don't it... :shock:

KiM
Pft... Real men take off from the ground and use electricity!

Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:

...like this one:
http://www.martinjetpack.com/ :twisted:

It has a 150kW ICE, so you may need several of these electric motors.
_martinjetpack006.jpg

Grinhill said:
Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:

...like this one:
http://www.martinjetpack.com/ :twisted:

It has a 150kW ICE, so you may need several of these electric motors.
Awesome I love you guys! Yes but with wings!

Yea Arlin i agree. Actually if you had wings you wouldnt need that much power if you could have the same thing with horizontal lift off ..

markobetti said:
Yea Arlin i agree. Actually if you had wings you wouldnt need that much power if you could have the same thing with horizontal lift off ..
Yup thats the plan! Stupid house shoping is holding me back for a bit though! :cry:

Nice and so quiet. :D

Im wondering what efficiency I would get using this as a gen for my trike project, need 105v and 60a or so..

I made two short vids with the ca120-70 running a pocketbike clutch and a dirtbike gearbox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0A58JsBWNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GQck3ZDsBw

IMHO the only way to drive a light vehicle with this motor is to use a clutch. Or spending a ton of $$$ for a fat controller.
-Olaf
PS: I'm not responsible for any neck insuries, while watching the videos :roll:

some guys is converting an ultraligth with tow of them!! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412424

Its been stated more then a few times its very hard for a big motor like this to have a load at low rpm the controler takes a shit kicking!!!
Its not a big deal when used for a prop because there is very little load at low rpm!

I wonder how this CA120-70 would compare to a 5kW MARS PMAC when it is connected in WYE ...
Price is less than half .... weight is way lower .... :idea:
Has anybody replaced a PMAC with this and got happier? :oops: :shock: :mrgreen:

zEEz said:
I wonder how this CA120-70 would compare to a 5kW MARS PMAC when it is connected in WYE ...
Price is less than half .... weight is way lower .... :idea:
Has anybody replaced a PMAC with this and got happier? :oops: :shock: :mrgreen:
Depends on the controllers top electric rpm rating. I have a sevcon millipaq for my Etek motor but I'm afraid with 36v controller limit and the higher pole count off the ca120 it doesn't make sense to combine these. At least not in wye...
-Olaf

I understand your point, the sevcon millipaq would match the T-beast only if delta connected, because of the voltage limit (48v max if I remember right) . . . but at this point -fixed the controller- you would expect better performance from the T-beast than a PMAC motor? It is long that I was thinking about a minibike with 5kW PMAC .. and you are building a super minibike with T-beast ... :p
You did it being convinced of the superiority of the T-beast over the PMAC :?:
(my point is the PMAC has far less poles, bomb-proof construction, oversized axe ...)

Ah, ok, thanks, now I understand your reasons ...
I was still thinking in terms of the electric motor fitting where the old engine was supposed to be.
Also in terms of cooling and safety that rear underseat motor is a good idea to evaluate! :p
Perhaps I'm out of topic, but since at the moment I'm in Germany too ...
If I would be so rapid to make an electric minibike for me too, Is there any place, competition, official group of people?
You know, since I had such a nice time going around in the RC electric and jet meetings in the past years, perhaps
there are some uncovered chance in this minimotorbike world too .... :mrgreen:
have fun!

zEEz said:
Ah, ok, thanks, now I understand your reasons ...
I was still thinking in terms of the electric motor fitting where the old engine was supposed to be.
Also in terms of cooling and safety that rear underseat motor is a good idea to evaluate! :p
Perhaps I'm out of topic, but since at the moment I'm in Germany too ...
If I would be so rapid to make an electric minibike for me too, Is there any place, competition, official group of people?
You know, since I had such a nice time going around in the RC electric and jet meetings in the past years, perhaps
there are some uncovered chance in this minimotorbike world too .... :mrgreen:
have fun!
There's more competition in the netherlands. Dutch minibike challenge is a serious race series. In germany you won't find anything like that. Maybe there's an indoor cart track that opens its gates for minibikes one day in a month or so...

We can discuss this further in my build blog if you like.
-Olaf

just had an idea, of one where to over volt 2 of these (288volts) one could easily build the worlds fastest lawnmower, not quite as fun as a jet pack :roll: but still fun :twisted: :twisted:

Hi! TOCTOC!
any progress with the nice e-pbike?

:p :shock: :p

Back