• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

unkown new chinese controller with 3 speed mode plug

moritzerl

1 mW
Hi

Does anyone know this new controller ?
36/48 V 350 Watts

What does self-study and speed mode mean
http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140415415782&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

The self study connector looks like a low power connector, when connected it will put out about half of maximum power. Leave it dis connected for full power.
Never heard of self-study. Maybe it is for a pedal sensor?
You need to connect motor, battery, throttle, and hall to make a motor run. Other connectors might not be needed to run the motor.
The colors of motor ( phase ) and hall wires may not match your motor so test it at low power, low throttle, when you first connect it. Good luck.

Do you know a gas throttle grip with a speed mode switch - i will connect the speed mode wires too
Anyone - Thanks for the help
i need it to tune the speed cruizer a very new and cool vehicle
http://www.zawione-group.de/scooter/e-cruizer-power-race-scooter-elektro-roller-e-scooter-silver/a-5000426/

I will test it - then post my experiences on forum

self study = some controllers have a feature that make it easier to match them to a motor, instead of having to go through all possible 36combinations matching phase and hall wires from motor to controller.
Its usually called 'self-learning' mode, probably just chinese translation is close to self study ( self learn almost same)
The tricky bit of using the self learn mode is:
there are two wires that you connect together before powering up controller, you then connect controller to motor, if it doesn't run smoothly from any position, just swap either the hall wires or the phase wires ( not the red/black hall wires), it means instead of going through many combinations, the controller does some of the work for you, so you only need to swap wires once or twice to find right combination.
Then you disconnect those wires that turned on the self study/learn mode. It then remembers the setting each time you power up the controller.

just checked your link
the self learn shows green wire connected by one pin black connector, I'm not sure if those wires should be together to go into self learn mode, or disconnect for self learn mode. I'll check some directions i have for self learn controllers and post shortly,
My guess is: leave connected when first using with motor, find correct combination, when motor running smoothly from any position in correct direction, disconnect the green wires, it will remember the setting, no need to use green wires again, leave disconnected. ( it could be disconnect them to get self learn mode, but try my suggestion first, i'll check what other info I have)
with regards speed mode: its a three pin connector: brown/black/grey
they usually have three speed settings, but maybe this one has only two. My guess is, connect brown to black, for one speed limiting setting, leave disconnected for another speed setting, connect grey to black for third speed setting.

cant find my notes on this computer on self learn controller instructions, will check another computer, but should be enough info above to get you started, assuming your familiar with what phase and hall wires are ( phase are the three thick wires from controller to motor, hall wires are the 5 thin ones, red/black must stay connected as red/red and black/black.
The yellow/green/blue thin wires, change those connections when in self learn mode till motor runs smooth from any position in correct direction.

ok many thanks - self study means self learn for the hall connectors
I will try your suggestions

hi

I contacted the seller - yes self study means learn mode - thank you
but i have problems with the speed mode connector
the seller said that its a three speed mode connector low/normal/fast

But which Voltage is controlling this mode ?? 5V high ??

Do you have suggestions ?

try as was mentioned in previous post on speed settings, from memory you have black/grey and ?? on speed connector.
Im guessing: it has default speed mode no need to touch the connector, short each one to the black to get other speed settings, so get two more speed settings. Depends on how the chip is programmed on what the speed settings will be I guess.
Not sure about the 5v, one of those wires might be 5v to set chip pin voltage, I think small risk by just shorting each colour to black on speed connector, to see what happens.

Back