Using a BMX handlebar 7/8 and the one inch adapter is it safe for my high-speed use.

999zip999

100 TW
Okay like the title says I have two great BMX handlebars and I want to shim them to my gooseneck is that safe. ?
7/8" Handlebars to 1" Bar Mounts Risers Clamps Conversion Shims Spacers Set of 4 Amazon.com

Attachments

• 17103737811674874021043868794248.jpg
    17103737811674874021043868794248.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
How sturdy is your gooseneck stem and the bars? I don't think the shims will fail,

I saw on a facebook forum where the early Lectric folding stems had a few crack off right at the hinge, but the user were riding them on trails,

Okay like the title says I have two great BMX handlebars and I want to shim them to my gooseneck is that safe. ?

For low rise bars like that, it should be okay. For typical BMX bars with 6-10" of rise, most non-BMX stems won't clamp hard enough to prevent slipping when the going gets tough.

The shims you linked are for motorcycles, that usually have two pillow blocks clamping the bars. Bicycle bar shims are wider and come in pairs, not fours.

Good catch Chalo. I will look some more.
Or look for a 1in. Bar is better ?
If I could find some steel shims I could weld them on.
I'm getting a little too complicated or maybe too much in love with these bars.

Last edited:
In the bike business, it's a 22.2mm to 25.4mm shim.

What 7/8 to 1in is 7/8 to 1in I'm I missing something. As this can be a learning experience. Thank you.
My point is that bike suppliers will refer to it by metric diameters, so if you look for it that way you'll find more bike stuff instead of Harley stuff.

I just have two bikes that need for BMX handlebars and I really like looking at for those shims rather than two of those shins for the same price.
And I don't want to make a mistake ordering some and paying for it and not being able to use it.

The difference between bicycle and motorcycle is the width of the shim as most motorcycles have two clamps that are spaced apart 4in or so. The bicycle shim is winder
The old local bike store had them $10.
I like these BMX handlebars so far wait till I get all my display throttle brakes shifters etc.
Now for the high speed test.
Thank you for all your help. As I'm cheap and I would have bought the motorcycle ones which would been narrower.

Last edited:
Back