Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

ors150 said:
hey thanks for the answer, i taked some screen shot of the save paratmters before i changed the busbar current(a) to 200,
thats the only diffrence btween the pictures and what i have on the controller,

Page 1:
https://pasteboard.co/1IyYN5q4wrUJ.jpg

page2:
https://pasteboard.co/6P0QZQi0ql8Q.jpg

page3:
https://pasteboard.co/2ltGQOHgr8an.jpg

waiting for youre advice :) thanks

Save your configuration file and attach it here. Your screenshots have a lot of strange numbers. The controllers wont even work properly with those settings.

ors150 said:
All these settings circled in red seem wrong:
F8B04232-DB88-4DDA-9F76-E4612471BCD4.jpeg
D9B39FD5-B96B-49C8-8B74-B7A9B1963D3F.jpeg
7694571E-DCBB-4405-AF38-0FA110B2B502.jpeg

That motor has V magnets, not surface mount.

No way your throttle works correctly with 0.2 for all settings.

HDC rpm should not be much higher than 200

Current loop KI should be 100-1300, not 2500.

Ill wait for your configuration file, the one you are actually using. Connect your PC to the controller, then “save file” as a new file name, then post it here.

Ill wait for your configuration file, the one you are actually using. Connect your PC to the controller, then “save file” as a new file name, then post it here.
[/quote]

That's nonsense!
Recommend him read a little! In addition, his vehicle drives ...... Fast ..... ??? With these settings! :lol:

Paulflieg said:

That's nonsense!
Recommend him read a little! In addition, his vehicle drives ...... Fast ..... ??? With these settings! :lol:
[/quote]

Lol. Yes, I’m not buying it either. It wont run with those throttle settings and wont stop with those torque decrease settings. No telling what it will do with 2500 KI but i think it wont be happy. Thats why i said sent rhe file he used to get the claimed perfume before. Lol

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:
hey thanks for the answer, i taked some screen shot of the save paratmters before i changed the busbar current(a) to 200,
thats the only diffrence btween the pictures and what i have on the controller,

Page 1:
https://pasteboard.co/1IyYN5q4wrUJ.jpg

page2:
https://pasteboard.co/6P0QZQi0ql8Q.jpg

page3:
https://pasteboard.co/2ltGQOHgr8an.jpg

Save your configuration file and attach it here. Your screenshots have a lot of strange numbers. The controllers wont even work properly with those settings.

hey i know for sure that the throttle paramtrers are not like that ,
the last time i save the paramaters before i touched anything is over here,
in the next time that i will be near the bike i will try to resave the paramters and send them again and screenshot,
The parameters file I save before 3 days ...
i hope that will help thanks,

Attachments

• Configvotol.ini
    457 bytes · Views: 63
BareKuda said:
ors150 said:
All these settings circled in red seem wrong:
F8B04232-DB88-4DDA-9F76-E4612471BCD4.jpeg
D9B39FD5-B96B-49C8-8B74-B7A9B1963D3F.jpeg
7694571E-DCBB-4405-AF38-0FA110B2B502.jpeg

That motor has V magnets, not surface mount.
No way your throttle works correctly with 0.2 for all settings.

HDC rpm should not be much higher than 200

Current loop KI should be 100-1300, not 2500.

Barekuda keep in mind that is qs 137 70h with votol 150 from 2019 ,
So maybe the firmware is very old because of that?
I use the latest version of software..
Tomorrow I will try to redownload the parameters file and send it again with screenshots while I'm connected
Thanks again for all the help

ors150 said:
BareKuda said:
[

in the next time that i will be near the bike i will try to resave the paramters and send them again and screenshot,

Yes, i can tell you weren’t connected to th controller but just loading some file and taking screenshots. Thats why i said connect to your controller, as in fully connect until it populates all the fields, THEN save the file.

I might be possible that there is a HARDWARE 0.07. But when you actually connect it will show your SW and HW version.

After you save what’s ACTUALLY in your controller now and send it we can help more.

I understand this thread is way too long and not structured for finding the specific help on this controller but you need to give good data if you want good help. Lol

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:
BareKuda said:
[

Yes, i can tell you weren’t connected to th controller but just loading some file and taking screenshots. Thats why i said connect to your controller, as in fully connect until it populates all the fields, THEN save the file.

I might be possible that there is a HARDWARE 0.07. But when you actually connect it will show your SW and HW version.

After you save what’s ACTUALLY in your controller now and send it we can help more.

I understand this thread is way too long and not structured for finding the specific help on this controller but you need to give good data if you want good help. Lol

i have tried again today , few times to get the paramaters full at all the tables but it seems that some are not appering in the software for some reason i have tried few diffrent version of em software and got the same result,
this is the paramaters and screenshots of the parameters today:

this is old controller so maybe i need a older version software ?
any thoughts guys?
thanks

Attachments

• Config071221.ini
    458 bytes · Views: 23
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 547
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 547
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 544
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 544
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 549
ors150 said:
i have tried again today , few times to get the paramaters full at all the tables but it seems that some are not appering in the software for some reason i have tried few diffrent version of em software and got the same result,

any thoughts guys?
thanks

According to that, it should not run good, but since you said it runs great except for low torque at high speed, maybe best to leave it alone.

With all the ports settings showing empty function im surprised you have any brake actuated motor cutoff, high or low. And no speeds selection, and no speed on the speedometer.

I have no idea what signs there are if you have CAN version and connected without checking the CAN box or using the wrong debugging cable. It it works great it means the settings are in there you just cant see them.

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

any thoughts guys?
thanks

According to that, it should not run good, but since you said it runs great except for low torque at high speed, maybe best to leave it alone.

With all the ports settings showing empty function im surprised you have any brake actuated motor cutoff, high or low. And no speeds selection, and no speed on the speedometer.

I have no idea what signs there are if you have CAN version and connected without checking the CAN box or using the wrong debugging cable. It it works great it means the settings are in there you just cant see them.

yes its very weird, i will try to find even older version of the em software and maybe i will succeed, and try to look for different usb cable,
any one have all the version of the em - 2018 - 2021?
thanks
i will keep u updated.

PLUKE85 said:
Does anyone have instructions and the software for the controller?

The one who sold you the controller and debugging cable should send you a link the software that goes with it.

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

any thoughts guys?
thanks

i tried again today with few different software's and again same parameters are not show up,
but if i change the parameters like flux and so it make a difference ,
so ...
if we don't use the parameters rise of climb and throttle voltage and ....
what would u recommend to do on the parameters we have to get better torque at mid to high speed??
thanks.

ors150 said:
BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

any thoughts guys?
thanks

i tried again today with few different software's and again same parameters are not show up,
so ...
what would u recommend to do on the parameters we have to get better torque at mid to high speed??
thanks.

On my EM30s, if I set torque decline to 0 slope, then it wont decelerate once you speed up. If I set torque increase to 0 then its very very slow to increase torque. I use:

If the throttle is set wrong on mine, especially second box, it wont start because my throttle minimum output is 0.8v and if you set it to 0.2v then the controller thinks you accidentally holding the throttle and wont let the motor run.

Can you make a video of you trying to change the settings, and getting message saying settings saved, then reboot the controller, reconnect to it, and see if it is reset back to 0?

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:
BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

any thoughts guys?
thanks

so ...
thanks.

On my EM30s, if I set torque decline to 0 slope, then it wont decelerate once you speed up. If I set torque increase to 0 then its very very slow to increase torque. I use:

If the throttle is set wrong on mine, especially second box, it wont start because my throttle minimum output is 0.8v and if you set it to 0.2v then the controller thinks you accidentally holding the throttle and wont let the motor run.

Can you make a video of you trying to change the settings, and getting message saying settings saved, then reboot the controller, reconnect to it, and see if it is reset back to 0?

I'm afraid to change the throttle settings because it works good now and I'm afraid if i will touch it that he will be brick -.- ,
Flash a new firmware to the controller is possible?,
I don't think the first controllers had a the settings that I miss..

ors150 said:
I'm afraid to change the throttle settings because it works good now and I'm afraid if i will touch it that he will be brick -.- ,

Yes, thats what i said before. If its working don’t fix it. Lol. I don't know what software is needed to reflash that controller. Maybe someone already tried and corrupted it and sold it to you.

deida789 said:
as for the bluetooth module i should get it next week , it is working for both iphone and android but the application is only in chinese, i can translate it so i will try, this should be very usefull, if it really work good, i will make a translation to share.

Are you still waiting for that Bluetooth module?

The way i read the description of the software it’s going to be a pain to use. They should just sell it in the app store if they want to make money off it. Or just make it so the pairing is done from the app like a lot of POS Bluetooth printers do.

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

Yes, thats what i said before. If its working don’t fix it. Lol. I don't know what software is needed to reflash that controller. Maybe someone already tried and corrupted it and sold it to you.

So if I touching only the parameters of the flux related for more power to mid to high speed what can I change there for more torque?

BareKuda said:
deida789 said:
as for the bluetooth module i should get it next week , it is working for both iphone and android but the application is only in chinese, i can translate it so i will try, this should be very usefull, if it really work good, i will make a translation to share.

The way i read the description of the software it’s going to be a pain to use. They should just sell it in the app store if they want to make money off it. Or just make it so the pairing is done from the app like a lot of POS Bluetooth printers do.
Morning , it has just arrived yesterday in my country i should received it today, i can't wait for that , well it depends to who it will be painfull, because some might just need it for setting rpm or torque while riding, for a new controller installation i would use the pc software first, this bluetooth module i see it as a big Bonus since me i like to keep changing setting to test.

But yes they should put it on appstore freely, but i bet it's because of money/cost matter.

i will let you know as soon as i got it

ors150 said:
So if I touching only the parameters of the flux related for more power to mid to high speed what can I change there for more torque?

If your controller was working correctly, you can set all flux to 0 and that will give your highest torque up to base speed. Then you can add flux and flux compensation until it goes faster with the torque you want. Eventually you will get to max speed with 0 excess torque, just enough torque to go that speed.

But since your controller is not working normally, if you change a settings and it accepts it you might not be able to undo it.

If the settings shown are not the real settings inside then you aren’t really connected properly, either due to corrupted firmware, wrong debugging cable, using serial for CAN, wrong software, etc.

deida789 said:
BareKuda said:
deida789 said:

Morning , it has just arrived yesterday in my country i should received it today, i can't wait for that , well it depends to who it will be painfull, because some might just need it for setting rpm or torque while riding, for a new controller installation i would use the pc software first, this bluetooth module i see it as a big Bonus since me i like to keep changing setting to test.

But yes they should put it on appstore freely, but i bet it's because of money/cost matter.

i will let you know as soon as i got it

They make 8” windows tablets and you can make a Bluetooth module. But i guess if you buy a throwaway android/Apple phone you can use that. Since its not an approved app and somehow they gain control over how you use that module and software, I would not use it on any device that i use for banking, online shopping, or anything other than programming that Votol.

I had an Acer 8” Iconia Tab 8 that i upgraded to Windows 10, would have been perfect for this. I might get another one if i make a Bluetooth module.

BareKuda said:
ors150 said:

If your controller was working correctly, you can set all flux to 0 and that will give your highest torque up to base speed. Then you can add flux and flux compensation until it goes faster with the torque you want. Eventually you will get to max speed with 0 excess torque, just enough torque to go that speed.

But since your controller is not working normally, if you change a settings and it accepts it you might not be able to undo it.

If the settings shown are not the real settings inside then you aren’t really connected properly, either due to corrupted firmware, wrong debugging cable, using serial for CAN, wrong software, etc.

The parameters that show up are change able and make a difference so I can at least work on them...,
What is the flux weakening compensation number?

ors150 said:
The parameters that show up are change able and make a difference so I can at least work on them...,
What is the flux weakening compensation number?
That only applies to V-type magnets so if you set your magnets to V-type you can try 0, 10, 20, and see what effect it has.

I got it this morning in the end, just waiting the seller to start with binding it.

91abc47f7b71566c67c3fe176714c127.jpg

Back