Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

deida789 said:
I got it this morning in the end, just waiting the seller to start with binding it.

91abc47f7b71566c67c3fe176714c127.jpg

I noticed the logo in the ad was blurred out. I wonder if this is something someone else sells and they just resell them.

Can your laptop sync with it? Can it be used as an ordinary Bluetooth module or does it need a key?

BareKuda said:
deida789 said:
I got it this morning in the end, just waiting the seller to start with binding it.

91abc47f7b71566c67c3fe176714c127.jpg

I noticed the logo in the ad was blurred out. I wonder if this is something someone else sells and they just resell them.

Can your laptop sync with it? Can it be used as an ordinary Bluetooth module or does it need a key?
well i asked my investigator wife to check lol , it appears that there is 2 kind of seller so the logo that on the module can be different, but all of them is made in the same way, and works for all votol controller,

one surprise is that to connect it you need to take an extra cable to connect from the pink 5v (throttle) to the 4th pins bluetooth module (it has 4 pins), since there is just 3pins from the controller (orange/blue/black).

it can be sync with laptop as well, unfortunately i can only i shall it tomorrow morning, and the app is not from the appstore its from wechat directly (for iphone) about android im waiting the seller to tell me, i will tell you tomorrow about the password.

bc2670f692451690b73a2f2802bdfaff.jpg

3a8546e1ac8941c960aa9ceb5db4a9c7.jpg

30172042fcd22dd60f706c07018d341e.jpg

deida789 said:
one surprise is that to connect it you need to take an extra cable to connect from the pink 5v (throttle) to the 4th pins bluetooth module (it has 4 pins), since there is just 3pins from the controller (orange/blue/black).
Oh, you must have a different wiring harness than i do. Mine has 4 wires already, so i just need to plug and play. Lol

If the Bluetooth module isnt locked i might consider buying it, otherwise i can make one for $5 i think. I just need to order the right one.
2D7B1BCC-94B2-4D97-8EC0-982DB386AF39.jpeg

BareKuda said:
deida789 said:
Oh, you must have a different wiring harness than i do. Mine has 4 wires already, so i just need to plug and play. Lol

If the Bluetooth module isnt locked i might consider buying it, otherwise i can make one for $5 i think. I just need to order the right one.
oooh yes ! definetly not the same wire, that pink you have, i dont have it so i will just add extra cable,
6e0216cbdf867906c77a870f8e001321.jpg

look at mine the 3 and 4 arent even there, it should be like that diagram normally.
fdcffb4d7ee03cd89fefa496d87919fd.jpg

so yes , yours is plug and play lol, as for the bluetooth and what i understood it is supposed to not be locked, but i will know tomorrow morning, i'll keep you update and later i will try to make a correct english translation.

deida789 said:
fdcffb4d7ee03cd89fefa496d87919fd.jpg

so yes , yours is plug and play lol, as for the bluetooth and what i understood it is supposed to not be locked, but i will know tomorrow morning, i'll keep you update and later i will try to make a correct english translation.

Account to the wiring diagram my debugging connectors also shares 5v power with the throttle from PIN 8, so should be safe. Next time pull the cover off the controller compartment ill look to see how its spliced.

7635A701-75EB-4A85-9E09-22A1BAFE1488.jpeg

I wonder if you have 3,4 and 5 but just not coming straight out and under the sealant. It looks like i can see the wire colors but i cant count the wires in the picture to see if there are 16. Those are 3 prime ports and you are using them according to the Evader wiring diagram.
1FBB1DDB-8155-4869-B72A-C2ECC02E4F5B.jpeg

so i finaly connected it, let me say that they make it complicated to connect first, its like you said about the confidentially of your phone Barekuda, the application is a mini-program available on wechat only, to bind it to your phone,

They need the id of your bluetooth which you can get thought BLE Tools and then you have to send it to the seller and then he manualy bind it, if not, when you try to connect it will just show a scary message "illegal device" lol , technicaly they can only bind one phone to one module, if you loose your phone maybe they can do it again i'm not sure.

As for login into the software there is no password at all, i will take the bike out today and try settings to see, i tried to connect from the laptop and its also working, just need to check the bluetooth port on windows to match with votol.

There are plenty of video explaining the software but all in chinese
7aefc65c5179a398739ff55f2d7643cc.jpg

deida789 said:
so i finaly connected it, let me say that they make it complicated to connect first, its like you said about the confidentially of your phone Barekuda, the application is a mini-program available on wechat only, to bind it to your phone,

They need the id of your bluetooth which you can get thought BLE Tools and then you have to send it to the seller and then he manualy bind it, if not, when you try to connect it will just show a scary message "illegal device" lol , technicaly they can only bind one phone to one module, if you loose your phone maybe they can do it again i'm not sure.

As for login into the software there is no password at all, i will take the bike out today and try settings to see, i tried to connect from the laptop and its also working, just need to check the bluetooth port on windows to match with votol.

One thing that might work on Android but not ios is saving configuration files or opening a saved file to revert back to those settings. iOS is pretty picky about what can be saved, opened, ect.

I notice you have Version 2.32, which uses some fields differently than 2.33. I wonder if that sofa is smart enough to identify your version and then put the correct labels for each.

If the Bluetooth module itself needs to be bound then no thanks. Ill buy what i need online and make one for $5 that syncs like a normal Bluetooth device. I just need to get the right thing and put a connectors on it.

BareKuda said:
One thing that might work on Android but not ios is saving configuration files or opening a saved file to revert back to those settings. iOS is pretty picky about what can be saved, opened, ect.

I notice you have Version 2.32, which uses some fields differently than 2.33. I wonder if that sofa is smart enough to identify your version and then put the correct labels for each.

If the Bluetooth module itself needs to be bound then no thanks. Ill buy what i need online and make one for $5 that syncs like a normal Bluetooth device. I just need to get the right thing and put a connectors on it.

well it showed all my setting as the same as the pc software, i tried to change some settings and it took it the same way , i didnt went too far into the setting as i havent translated all, but it definitely do the job for me ( to change speed/acceleration) , i didnt see anything that would let me export the setting yet.

As for the bound, i agree with you, as for me my iphone is jailbroken and i separated sensible information on an other phone. I would suggest this device to people who cannot keep carrying a laptop only.

by the way adjusting the 3 box left/right and also throttle voltage didn't fix my problem that if i keep the speed at certain point for a minute and i accelerate again its still keeping the same speed or go up but extremely slowly :(

[/quote]

It works with the hc05 module and the Windows software! So probably with the Android app as well

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_181840.jpg
    IMG_20210322_181840.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,450
deida789 said:
by the way adjusting the 3 box left/right and also throttle voltage didn't fix my problem that if i keep the speed at certain point for a minute and i accelerate again its still keeping the same speed or go up but extremely slowly :(

Your controller behaves so much different than mine.

The fact that yours only does it if at a constant speed for a while is strange.

Paulflieg said:

It works with the hc05 module and the Windows software! So probably with the Android app as well
[/quote]

Ill order one and see if i can make it work.

Paulflieg said:

After some research it turns out the HC-05 modules are not compatible with iOS due to some nonsense. Lol.

Im reading that the HM-10 is dual mode and can work with about anything.

I know some blueprints devices are not discovered by iOS directly but they can be paired from within the app for that device. But i want someone that can be connected normally by any program looking for comm ports on any platform.

Paulflieg said:

[/quote]

It works with only the hc05?
I have an can adapter too between the controller and hc05.
It works with both android and computer.

OK, ios is not my world .... For the hm 10 module there is an Android and an ios app ... so it should work. These Bluetooth modules are all, sometimes, tricky and can be configured slightly differently. But in the end it is doable. it sometimes takes time and frustration :roll:

I don't have a can bus controller .... But the original can / USB adapter is probably treated as a com port under Windows10. Or? You can see it in the system settings! If so, a cheap obd2 / bluetooth dongle should be usable. The pinout can easily be found in the www. A little tinkering and config work.

Paulflieg said:
OK, ios is not my world .... For the hm 10 module there is an Android and an ios app ... so it should work. These Bluetooth modules are all, sometimes, tricky and can be configured slightly differently. But in the end it is doable. it sometimes takes time and frustration :roll:

I don't have a can bus controller .... But the original can / USB adapter is probably treated as a com port under Windows10. Or? You can see it in the system settings! If so, a cheap obd2 / bluetooth dongle should be usable. The pinout can easily be found in the www. A little tinkering and config work.

My controller doesn’t seem to support CAN either, even though the STM32 chips seem to all have it. I tried switching the wires an checked the CAN box but it didn’t work. Lol.

I just made an adapter that swaps RX and TX:
395D4A9B-2068-4E3B-8A0A-E03D3490D92A.jpeg

I downloaded a lot of ios apps for prograble controllers and many seem to pair from within the app. But i dont know if that means it overrides apples desire to ruin my day.

When i connect the usb cable and connect to controller my laptop, especially my cursor, gets vary sluggish and jittery. Seems like its doing way too much work to just send a few bits of data.

If i can get a Bluetooth module i can waterproof and leave connected all the time that would be ok. As long as someone with an all chinese Votol app doesnt pull up besides me and change all my settings. Lol

BareKuda said:
Paulflieg said:
very good, I can confirm everything so far, for em150 FW 2.33! Unfortunately, with FW2.23, the important (torque control) is not that simple. But at least a good step forward ...

Yes, i have Firmware 2.33 and i have torque (current) limits for low and mid. But it seems Firmware 2.32 doesn’t. I wonder if there is a way to change the firmware to the useful version, lol.

I will keep testing to see if i can find why my busbar current setting does nothing. Maybe i need to check auto enabler and set 10 seconds on and 30 seconds recovery and see if that makes it shift from sports mode current to busbar current.

I can only guess that the timer would start when you exceed busbar setting and after the time limit it throttles you down to busbar limit for the cooldown period, then enables again for next time you want sport mode.

This would help prevent you from frying your motor but still allows the short burst of power most motors can tolerate if given adequate cooldown interval.

Hi Barekuda

First time I tried the controller for real. I have some major problem. The controller almost burned my motor while actually going very slowly. It's a shitty extremely slow wound motor around 460RPM no load at 60 volts but the votol gives it almost 650 rpm even around 50 volts so it must mean quite a substantial FW you can even hear the motor changing its noise at high RPM and it also starts to gobble up the amps like crazy. I think it has to do with the stupid field weakening the efficiency of the controller must be horrible and produces a lotta heat in FW mode. At certain RPM while riding it even produced some shaking i guess that's when field weakening kicked in. The problem is that I cant shut this stupid field weakening off. The only way I can limit the RPM is if I set lower pole pair numbers than the motor actually is. How do I shut FW off completely?

Sattva Ram said:
Set your pole pairs the verified correct number, Save the configuration your controller is currently using, post it here and i will open it and look at it and make recommendations.

Here it is.

The other way I can set the max RPM is with HDC. This way I could circumvent FW but no matter what I do I just cant get rid of FW only by the HDC or PP method...

Attachments

• Config1.ini
    485 bytes · Views: 83
Back