Weapon X to the moon middrive?

steelmesh

100 W
Who's with me?

MbR7bZY.jpg

Edit, another pic:
1AVBjNb.jpg

And I thought I had the only Weapon X in the state of Michigan. Where abouts are you?
Here's mine
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32963

steelmesh said:
Who's with me?

kfong said:
And I thought I had the only Weapon X in the state of Michigan. Where abouts are you?
Here's mine
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32963

steelmesh said:
Who's with me?

You can't have all the glory! I need some of those 888s

I thought about doing something like this with my golden motor hpm5000b. But the thing weighs 22lbs.

Looks good though, do it!

Yeah, the bike is pretty tricked out. Fox 5.0 in the rear. Lots of other high end stuff. Pedals like shit though, but I didn't get it to push around :mrgreen: I'm in Sterling Heights, where are you?

I don't think your pedals would clear :D

kfong said:
Yeah, the bike is pretty tricked out. Fox 5.0 in the rear. Lots of other high end stuff. Pedals like shit though, but I didn't get it to push around :mrgreen: I'm in Sterling Heights, where are you?

I don't think your pedals would clear :D

What are the rules with pedals to be considered a bicycle, mechanical connection to rear wheel? How creative can you get? I'm over by 696 and 94 couple blocks from the lake.

Shock lives by your area, if you have an ebike we should do a meet. Been meaning to meet up with Joe again to see his latest setup. You would be the 4th ES member I've met.

kfong said:
Shock lives by your area, if you have an ebike we should do a meet. Been meaning to meet up with Joe again to see his latest setup. You would be the 4th ES member I've met.

I've seen an ebike flying down my street last year, I had no chance of catching him, I think it was a rear hub.

I do have another working ebike, range is about 9 miles to nominal voltage of the AGMs. If we can hang for a few hours I could pump up my electrons to make it home.

is it bldc? a mars motor? what no load rpm do you see? I guess you'll have a hard time mounting that beast. Consider lightingrods mount as an example... mounting it on both the downtube with multiple clamps+epoxy-putty plus the botton bracket is a must.

Hey guys sorry I missed the meetup on Sunday, let me know if you guys want to plan another. I'd like to check out this mid drive build. Gotta get the pedals working! Pedals are what separate bicycle from uninsured, unregistered motorcycle.

Nice CAD modeling. Can I get the frame data from you to compare with mine or was that estimated measurements?

kfong said:
Nice CAD modeling. Can I get the frame data from you to compare with mine or was that estimated measurements?

It is estimated using a 24" digital caliper and one of those magnetic dial angle gauges (along with assumptions of whole numbers that the engineers used). I will send you the frame model just to compare would be cool anyway.

Holy crap! That's NOT a bicycle LOL!

More like a light weight motorcycle. Good thing the Versus is built like a tank. Should be an interesting build, now that I see the design. I definitely want to check it out when finished. Hopefully I will have mine done by then as well. Will you have enough front wheel clearance? From the view of your first post, it looked like the motor gets in the way during a full compression.

kfong said:
More like a light weight motorcycle. Good thing the Versus is built like a tank. Should be an interesting build, now that I see the design. I definitely want to check it out when finished. Hopefully I will have mine done by then as well. Will you have enough front wheel clearance? From the view of your first post, it looked like the motor gets in the way during a full compression.

The front tire will clear the motor, it is close however. The first thing I check was that doing physical mockups (like in the first images), then verified in the cad model. I just got the metal in the mail, should be cut out soon.

Whiplash said:
Holy crap! That's NOT a bicycle LOL!

You're correct, it's a motorcycle for now. Since I went with a real motorcycle swing arm and 520 chain, I decided to hold on pedals for now and see how the initial design holds up. I left the bottom bracket open and the chain passes through the center line.

I would keep the pedals on just to get around having to license it, but I suppose that would mean you have to make it functional. I'm not sure you will be able to get a motorcycle license for such a bike. Not much or any of it is DOT approved. At least if you get pulled over, you coul give the excuse that you were still working on the pedal portion and you could then spin the pedals to show it has that portion of the law.

That's going to be a beast!!
What dirt bike is that swing arm off?

Nice, post a side profile. I'm still waiting on my big block GNG before I can begin on my Versus build. In the mean time I've started on several other projects. I've obtained a kona stinky frame to convert my cyclone hardtail. Picked up a Dirtsurfer and will be putting an mp3 motor on it, which arrived this week and on the back burner a motoped frame was ordered, should arrive in April. Actually going gas on this 125cc, unless recumpense comes up with a setup that makes me think twice. I've been doing so much trail riding last year that range is now an issue. With gas I can explore a little further, but only on dirt bike paths. I've been told Metamora is a good place to take it. Did you lock down on batteries for that beast? It's going need a lot of feeding.

kfong said:
Nice, post a side profile. I'm still waiting on my big block GNG before I can begin on my Versus build. In the mean time I've started on several other projects. I've obtained a kona stinky frame to convert my cyclone hardtail. Picked up a Dirtsurfer and will be putting an mp3 motor on it, which arrived this week and on the back burner a motoped frame was ordered, should arrive in April. Actually going gas on this 125cc, unless recumpense comes up with a setup that makes me think twice. I've been doing so much trail riding last year that range is now an issue. With gas I can explore a little further, but only on dirt bike paths. I've been told Metamora is a good place to take it. Did you lock down on batteries for that beast? It's going need a lot of feeding.

Gas power? That's Blasphemy! I got 1150kwh of nano-techs to get it started. It's on the bench right now getting aligned, but here is a side image with swingarm/motor installed: http://i.imgur.com/QWkwEeG.jpg

Good battery choice. I actually was surprised about going gas, but liked what I saw on the motoped vids. I have enough electrics and would be content with another, if it wasn't for the range limitations. The power to weight was too hard to pass up as well. Looking forward to checking out your bike this summer.

Back