Weapon X to the moon middrive?

kfong said:
Good battery choice. I actually was surprised about going gas, but liked what I saw on the motoped vids. I have enough electrics and would be content with another, if it wasn't for the range limitations. The power to weight was too hard to pass up as well. Looking forward to checking out your bike this summer.

HeHe, we all have our guilty pleasures. Last summer I built a HF Predator engine for a friend's minibike, upgraded bigger cam and valve springs, baby harley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPg66HQiV8w

Cool, but way too noisy for my me. Just reminds me of my gas RC days, once I went electric, I never wanted to go back. The messy fuel, noise and exhaust became an annoyance after a while.

I'm really hoping the 4 cycle 125cc honda style Chinese motor is quiet and refined enough to make it enjoyable to ride. The exhaust on the motoped seems like it's in a good spot to not smell it. Seems quiet enough in the videos. I'm willing to see if this is a combination that I can live with. I enjoyed owning a motorcycle in my younger days, but just don't trust other drivers on the road. Being able to treat it as a bicycle and take the side streets should make it fun to get around. Looking forward to riding it around dirt bike tracks as well. Once battery capacities become significant, I will then convert it to electric.

Steelmesh, any updates. Picked up a motoped frame, needs a motor like yours :mrgreen:

Just out of curiosity, what controller are you planning on running with that motor (also Jesus jet-skiing Christ that thing looks like it'll be maybe two steps from Deathbike when it's done)? If that's an ME0913, then you'll be able to pull around 10-12kW through it continuously and almost triple that peak (assuming you run a big enough pack of 24-28s LiPo that you can pull 200-300A without damaging it), so you're going to want a controller that can do that. You can go the big Kelly route (which I've never used and therefore cannot advise you on, but have heard less than stellar performance reviews about), you can go the Sevcon route (a la Deathbike; it's a damn good controller but quite pricey) or you can whip yourself up a 36-FET Lebowski controller (which will give you stellar performance and great current handling capability, but expect to put in a great deal of blood, sweat and tears to get it working).

Back