What are flexible batteries?

Cyclomania

10 kW
So I found this drill battery.

Says on the pack 60 volts but at the left also 20. Is this a flexible battery? Or why does it have two different voltages in the text on it?

Can someone tell me if this is indeed 60volts 9 ah? Looks a bit small but what do I know.

Maybe they are so called flexible? Can someone also let me know what flexible battery means? I don't quite understand what they mean about flexible voltage. Since most batteries are like 36, 48 and so on. Specific and relatively small range.

I'm pretty sure those drill packs can configure to 5S3P or 15S1P depending on what they're plugged into. That does not seem at all useful for a light EV application, unless you want to switch between sidewalk speed and lane speed independent of throttle control. Keep in mind that the current limit would be three times less when set to deliver the higher voltage.

I'm pretty sure those drill packs can configure to 5S3P or 15S1P depending on what they're plugged into. That does not seem at all useful for a light EV application, unless you want to switch between sidewalk speed and lane speed independent of throttle control. Keep in mind that the current limit would be three times less when set to deliver the higher voltage.
Ah thing is I saw a guy on youtube do it you know. For an ebike with a mid drive cyclone and controller of max42a :).

Pretty cool bike. I thing it was outputting like 2400 watts or something. 60 times 42 or something like that.

So essentially what you are saying is that you can choose between high AH or high voltage depending on which connection of the battery that is used?

So it is not 60volt with 9ah? It might be 60 volt 1 amp hour? Or the other way around for another connection on the battery, 20 volts 9 ah?

Last edited:
20V @ 9AH OR 60V @ 3AH, depending on connection.

20V @ 9AH OR 60V @ 3AH, depending on connection.
Ah interesting. I saw this guy do it:

Here is talking about kobalt batteries being pretty good too:

Now, I think this seems like a pretty cool project. If I could use the batteries that I normally use for angle grinders, chainsaws and stuff it would be quite cool too. Using it for several purposes.

Now only thing I am thinking about is range... Does not seem to very good range with these bikes right? 60*3=180wh. Seems tiny.

But maybe if you were to go with the cobalt battery of 80v4ah it would be a little bit better. This would make it like 320wh.

So at least then you would get some speed and range if you had an extra batery or two in your backpack right?

I also found this one on aliekspress that are like 80volt10AH. At least it says so:

I also found one that has 18volts18AH. And I guess these could be combined four of them into 72volts 18AH(?):

Wh or you probably want Ah - Depends really on the range as its a basic concept of understanding. Dont pedal is one extreme and the other extreme is pedal all the time with little to no pedal assist power added. Thats why sellers can say you can go a million miles on one charge.

Back