what kind of electric bicycles do you like?

amberwolf said:
HK12K said:
Hey, 3 wheels and pedals makes it a bike. I'd ride it.
You can build yourself something like my SB Cruiser trike. Easy enough with a bit of beginner welding skill and enough scrap steel tubing, wood, etc.

If I had reliable controllers with the power I'd like, and motors with axles strong enough to actually handle the power they're otherwise capable of, I could do more with it, but it will still do quite a lot (300lb grocery loads, or a St Bernard or two. Add the trailer and it's hauled a piano.... ).
My brother in law is an extremely talented welder/fabricator so I would have to comission him for that kind of custom work before going it alone. I'm positive he could handle pretty much anything I could ever ask of him when it comes to metalwork, assuming he can find the time, though I'd be best served bringing a cohesive plan to the table. I suspect I'll be asking him to spark something up for me eventually though.

On my kids second birthday I showed him my Raptor and the first thing he said was "I could probably make that" and I believe that he probably could. I inquired about having him fab up a trailer hitch which could attach to the Raptors swingarm without interfering with the brakes/wires/pedals/etc so I can tow our child trailer and he showed up the next morning with what amounts to a custom made work of art. Bolted it on and have towed my son hundreds of KM in the past month using it.

I think the next ask may be a custom trailer with a seat/harness/rollbar up front and a flatdeck or rackbody in the rear so I can simultaneously tow my son and a reasonable volume of cargo from time to time. What I would really love though is a 3 seater trike, so I could take both my wife and son on adventures. Might be more practical to just build her a bike of her own though.

1 ) a full suspension ( 140-200 mm of travel front and rear ) bike that is longer , lower , and has a slacker head tube angle than even the best of the Down Hill Mountain Bikes .

2 ) 3 Wheel tadpole trike that has at leat 140-160 mm of travel on all wheels , front wishbone / heim joint suspension
26 inch wheels front , 27.5 + or 29er + wheels back. and has at least a fairing like what you see on a flying Trike/Microlight .
and is as long a wheelbase as a full size motorcycle.

3) Delta trike that leans , has over 100 mm of travel front an rear .
and has full fairing . and a wheelbase as long or longer as a full size motorcycle.

In other words , most of the e-bikes of today are out of date, design/build the 3 bikes I write about above to be able to compete for peoples money ( sales ) in the future .

superwoman said:
I have done electric bike business for several years.In order for us to build the most popualr electric bikes,can you leave messages to me which ebikes do you like?

Back