What's with this censoring nonsense happening on the forum?

Another point of view is that we're all getting tired and overwhelmed, and blocking/banning/removing/deleting is an easy, rapid option. We are too tired to work around the nuances of discourse. That's my point of view anyway.

Are we all getting soft? No. We've always been soft, except now we're tired of pretending to be tough.

https://hbr.org/2020/01/the-dark-side-of-self-control

9b0723228bd4d4626faa6ec78bd3784f.jpg

This is a case where the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child" comes to mind, and we the village should be allowed to do so. We were proceeding nicely with a number of villagers stepping in with calm and reasonable posts before the lock and hack job on the aftermarket motor for SurRons thread, and I think it could have done some good had it been allowed to run its course. I say that as long as we're not responding in kind to the personal attacks from the person who in the same post is yelling that he's being attacked, then he should be allowed to make a fool of himself so he can go back and reread the comments and see the error in his ways. Based on the PM exchange with him, he really thinks he's the one who was attacked. The written word is a funny thing, and you can read something and then later come away with a completely different interpretation after reading it again. It's happened to me enough that if I start to get contentious, I type a response, but wait a while before submitting and take that time to reread the post as well as mine to see if that's really how I want to respond.

Add in the required name change, and I believe a positive end result is possible.

How about the moderators won't deal with assholes that thrash and tear down others?
Of course my threads get locked and edited!!!
Did you really think I would tolerate their thrashing me over my work?
Did you really think I would just say, "awe...that's OK" when I spend my hard earned money and time and get pounded for it?

Moderators:
DEAL WITH THE ASSHOLES THAT ATTACK OTHERS!!!
YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!
WE'VE GONE OVER THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND YOU DO NOTHING!!!

THIS COULD VERY EASILY BE MY LAST POST ON ES.
I'M SICK OF THE SHIT AND CRAP I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH!!!
THEY ARE MY THREADS!
MY CONTENT!
MY WORK!
MY MONEY SPENT!!!
ALL I WANT IS TO POST CONTENT THAT HELPS THE WORLD!!!

THERE IS ZERO EGO IN THIS FOR ME!
I ONLY WANT TO HELP OTHERS!

BUT BECAUSE OF TOTAL INACTION ON THE PART OF THE MODERATORS IN DEALING WITH A FEW ASSHOLES...
I'M READY TO CALL IT QUITS...NEVER POST HERE AGAIN!!!
I'LL KEEP DOING EV WORK, BUT NO ONE BUT ME AND PEOPLE THAT SHOW RESPECT AND DIGNITY FOR OTHERS BENEFITS FROM IT!

MODERATORS:
I LEAVE YOU WITH THIS ULTIMATUM!!!
DEAL WITH THE ASSHOLES!
OR
LOSE ALL MY CONTENT AND ANY FUTURE CONTENT I MIGHT MAKE!
LOSE SOMEONE THAT CARES ABOUT WHAT THEY DO AND IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!!

I'M SICK OF THE SHIT!!!!

ElectricGod said:
I'M SICK OF THE SHIT!!!!
Us too. Perhaps find a forum that is more willing to cater to your ego? You will be happier and we will be happier. Everyone wins.

ElectricGod, I wish I didn't have to do this but I'm banning you temporarily to prevent you from further destroying your posts here. Check back in a few days.

ElectricGod said:
I ONLY WANT TO HELP OTHERS!
then why punish everyone, past, present, and future, except those you have a problem with?

because that's what you're doing by tantrum-deleting everything.

markz said:
Interesting outbursts

Oh, interesting is your word for it. I'm picturing more the comedy where the trapped guy puts the gun to his own head and says 'Stay back or he gets it. I mean it.'

So, Jordan Peterson. The first chapter of '12 Rules for Life.' Picture 2 lobsters figuring they're defending their turf. Somehow the paths hadn't crossed before and they've had all this time to believe 'It's mine, all MINE.' At last they encounter one another, the fight is on. One of them has to lose, right?

And a lobster don't know much. So when he loses the fight and thus his turf, he don't know nuthin' no more. Total meltdown.

You think a human is going to handle it all better. But some people live on the belief in something that just isn't true. Psychosis, delusion, call it what you want. But just like that lobster, you push them out of that erroneous belief into a world they don't know what about anymore, what do they do? They delete all their posts. . . .

John, Lars, why do you even bother trying to explain to the guy? You KNOW he'll never get it. It never occurs to you that in your own way, picking on a weakling like that, you ARE being troublemakers? Now look, we'll never learn how to screw things up the way he does.

Except I just always smell shill on this one. Someone's idea of a joke? I don't know. I get the feeling someone is having a good laugh at the rest of you at the end of his string. He might not be sure which end is the yo-yo. . . .

[youtube]Wy9zfxlmrv4[/youtube]

My friend Doc...you know him as ElectricGod...

His words...what a bunch of arrogant dickheads!

I agree!!!

Shame on you moderators!!!

You did nothing to protect him from trolls and haters!

You let them tear apart his hard work!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

YOU DID NOTHING TO TAKE CARE OF THE INNOCENT!!!
YOU SHUT DOWN HIS ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT CAUSED HIM SO MUCH TROUBLE!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

John in CR said:
This is a case where the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child" comes to mind, and we the village should be allowed to do so. We were proceeding nicely with a number of villagers stepping in with calm and reasonable posts before the lock and hack job on the aftermarket motor for SurRons thread, and I think it could have done some good had it been allowed to run its course. I say that as long as we're not responding in kind to the personal attacks from the person who in the same post is yelling that he's being attacked, then he should be allowed to make a fool of himself so he can go back and reread the comments and see the error in his ways. Based on the PM exchange with him, he really thinks he's the one who was attacked. The written word is a funny thing, and you can read something and then later come away with a completely different interpretation after reading it again. It's happened to me enough that if I start to get contentious, I type a response, but wait a while before submitting and take that time to reread the post as well as mine to see if that's really how I want to respond.

Add in the required name change, and I believe a positive end result is possible.

Hey John,

Message from a dear friend of mine.
You know him as ElectricGod...

You are a F U C K I N G arrogant PIG!!!
May you live a VERY SHORT LIFE full of agony and suffering!
May you get on your HUBMONSTER bike and get electrocuted!!!

Well that's it...
I expect the pathetic cowardly moderators will shut down my account anytime now.
Not that I care.
I created it to defend the honor of my friend Doc/ElectricGod!!!

The screen name I have no problem with. Minor issue which IMO some are harping on far, far too much. I was once asked to come up with a more grandiose title for myself and choose "Exalted Lord High Grand Poobah." In a similar vein, there were some who did not get the joke.

I have read a number of EG's posts in the past, some contained useful information, some I had questions about. Nothing about the post itself or the attitude or assumed knowledge level screamed "this must be removed".

What has been posted in this thread, however - this is different. This is on another level. These statements make me reconsider, and question much of what he has said in the past. If all these were sanitized, removed, invisible - valuable backround info is missed.

I am going to guess that this is a younger fellow, and has suffered some sort of serious personal crisis. This behavior is off the rails. This does not mean he no longer knows a volt from an amp, but does indicate there are some serious glitches in the wetware. The "I am just trying to save the world, there is no ego involved here", coupled with the "everyone is attacking me" speaks strongly of someone descending into delusional paranoia.

Or maybe he just choose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

BUT - delete the loony rants, remove the crazy crap, and now he seems like a fairly normal dude with a sincere belief in an unpopular opinion, and less like a nut who is very likely incorrect.

We are all adults here, and can decide for ourselves what we wish to see, or not. We are, or should be, able to evaluate people and statements for the value, or lack thereof, that we perceive. Filtered and altered statements impede that ability. We are not children. We no longer depend on Mommy and Daddy to provide a sanitized view of the world for us.

To the thought that there must be a line somewhere, I draw the line at putting babies on spikes. If somebody with valuable information I need is willing to take an hour explaining it to me, while constantly crapping his pants on my (tile) living room floor, I get the bucket and mop, and smile and ask what time next week he can come back. When I get what I need and become tired of the smell, I can just stop taking his calls.

The decision that the costs outweigh the benefits is mine to make. Others are free to choose differently.

timidtim / ElectricGod,
If you ever want to create your own forum? It's not hard to figure out. This phpBB software is free.
https://www.phpbb.com/

First step is to buy a domain name. Cost is about $10 a year.
electricgod.com is taken
electricguy.com is taken
electricdude.com is taken
electricboy.com is taken
electricspaghetti.com is taken

electricdog.com is available :D Please note that Dog is God spelled backward.

Next step is hosting. Prices start at $1.49 per month.

Let me know if you have any questions about website stuff.

Also I think that John really loves you and your motor winding adventures.

After all these years, crazy adventures and time travel Marty is still helping out old demented Doc. That is so adorable!

THIS COULD VERY EASILY BE MY LAST POST ON ES.

It started along very known lines: lies, tantrums etc but now it's gone too far. There's more to life than disgracing yourself like this.

Electricgod/timidtim: go play somewhere else. A private website would suit you better.

timidtim said:
John in CR said:
. . . . I type a response, but wait a while before submitting and take that time to reread the post as well as mine to see if that's really how I want to respond.
. . . . and I believe a positive end result is possible.

Hey John,

Message from a dear friend of mine.
You know him as ElectricGod...

You are a F U C K I N G arrogant PIG!!!
May you live a VERY SHORT LIFE full of agony and suffering!
May you get on your HUBMONSTER bike and get electrocuted!!!

Can the Hubmonster do that? I mean, like a James Bond weapon or something? That'd be KEWL!

Uh, anyway, Timi. i guess you're the girlfriend. I mean I've never seen some 'Dear Friend' act like that when the guy is acting out. But I've seen the stalker girlfriend type start in. I mean, these are the women that drive men to the 'Red Pill' support groups and all. You figuring to have EG arrested if he ever tries to break up with you? If there's anything John can do to help, I think he'd enjoy siding with either one of you over the other at this point.

[youtube]ZAZNnzULAN0[/youtube]

ElectricGod said:
YOU DID NOTHING TO TAKE CARE OF THE INNOCENT!!!
YOU SHUT DOWN HIS ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT CAUSED HIM SO MUCH TROUBLE!!!

This thread is *literally* about how far too much was done to appease someone who's incapable of dealing with conflict in a healthy way. Case and point, your last few posts (I'm just assuming you're the same person based on the very similar writing style)

"The people who caused him so much trouble" are the people who took issue when EG made factually incorrect statements. What came after is a direct consequence of an inability to admit fault or ignorance on any topic. Perhaps ElectricTrump is a good nickname after all?

AngryBob said:
The screen name I have no problem with. Minor issue which IMO some are harping on far, far too much.

The name wasn't that big a deal to me either. My thought was that a forced name change would have been adequate punishment for the guy as opposed to a outright ban.

While I kinda understand him lashing out in this thread (though he went way way overboard as we were being quite civil), since he would feel ganged up on. The way he trashed his own thread with everyone walking on eggshells trying not to set him off while still getting our points across, shows he's simply a hopeless case in an online forum.

Dauntless said:
[youtube]ZAZNnzULAN0[/youtube]

That YouTube video seems awfully phony to me. Three guys almost immediately remove the front wheel and throw it? Really? Pretty bad acting as well.

John in CR said:
The way he trashed his own thread with everyone walking on eggshells trying not to set him off while still getting our points across, shows he's simply a hopeless case in an online forum.
i certainly wouldn't want to meet him in person.

Back