Where to order spokes - 13/14 single butted

Kevinator

100 W
I want to change the spokes out because they will not hold their tension. The nipples were already bent when I received this wheel new. It was supposedly dished before I picked it up, but now that I have the tools to check it, I can clearly see that its not physically possible to dish this wheel enough to center it with the current spokes. The NDS spokes are too short. It appears that all the spokes are the same length.

I am looking for some 79mm 13g/14g single-butted spokes for my 20" ampedbikes hub motor so that I can lace it to a standard 36h rim that has 14g SS eyelets. The problem is, I can't seem to find any that are short enough. The original spokes appear to be 13g 72mm. Anyone know where I can order some new spokes?

Unfortunately I already checked there, and the shortest spokes they have are 100mm for the Sapim 13/14 single butted.

I just removed some spokes to take a closer look, and I think my problem with the spoke tension has to do with loose spoke nipples. Loose enough, that I think they are the wrong nipples for these spokes...maybe 12g nipples, with 13g spokes. My dial caliper says the spokes are 2.3mm.

I think they also have them here:
http://www.cycle9.com/c9store/custom-wheels-c-14

They have a lengthy write up on wheel rebuilding somewhere on the site.

Darryl

Back