Will this bike work for a 16KW build?

Yea, I miss him too. He was a really good asset to this joint. Certainly knows what he is talking about
Yup. His personal/real world experience with ebike batteries has been pretty sobering and always a great reminder of the dangers involved. I missed him chiming in on a few of the threads related to charging that I've seen this year. I always think of that whenever I leave my garage for even a few minutes while my bike is charging. I hope he's OK.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'd be terrified to ride with what amounts to a thermite charge strapped to my body, with a 'ripcord' to activate it in case of a crash...
But if you are ok with that, I think the greatest problem with backpack is, again, 'cantilever' and the fact that it puts all weight on your shoulders.
Splitting the pack in two and making it 'body hugging' and using a system of straps like a modern body armour that weights about as much (research it) and is supposed to be worn if not all day, than certainly for hours at a time should work. Using 3d printing and 3d scanning and some composites on top will help a lot and may even protect the battery and you in case of a crash - of course 'safety third' and all that, but I think there are easier and less painful options if you just want to kill yourself...
The backpack I have is really big and the pack even encased in a 3d printed plastic is pretty small, so the weight is really all right behind my lower back. The backpack also has really sturdy hip support straps, which I use to place practically all the load on my hips, leaving very little to my shoulders. It is the most comfortable this way, and really is fine up to 10km of riding. Adding the support will take off maybe half of the weight from my body, making it very comfortable.

The cables are connected with a 120A anderson connector that does unplug if I fall of. I over-wheelied (or whatever that's called in English) going slower than walking speed and it unpligged without problems.

Back