Wiring voltage display to sabvoton

harmonist

10 W
Hi all,

I'm running a sabvoton 72150, I used to have a TFT screen but blew that so have been running it headless for a few years now. I recently picked up one of these LCD voltage displays and I'm keen to wire it in, I can wire directly to the battery but then it would be always on, I tried wiring the red to the battery and the black to the ignition in hopes it would turn on and off but that sent it a bit haywire, just wondering if anyone knows what the best wires would be to tap into?

Cheers

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    636.1 KB · Views: 13
What specifically does "sent it a bit haywire" mean?

Assuming black on the display is battery negative, and red is battery positive, you'd need to connect black to ground, and red to the controller's ignition wire, because the ignition (KSI, keyswitch, door lock, etc) is battery voltage, used to supply the controller with power for it's LVPS and "turn it on". (assming you are switching the KSI wire so that it gets battery voltage only when you are turning the system on).

However, it is possible that the miswire has damaged it (not likely, but possible, depending on the exact miswire and the device design). If it doesn't operate as expected this way, try wiring it to the battery itself and if it still doesn't work it could need repair or replacement.

What does "blue cable did the trick" mean?
It appears that he followed your guidance and connected the red wire to the ignition wire, which is the blue wire on the display harness (which I assume he's connecting to in order to run without a display).

Back