Wisdom teeth

Eastwood

100 kW
Got my upper wisdom teeth pulled today. Put that off for almost 20 years lol had the lowers removed about 20 years ago. Little bone came with them but no to much. My mouth and face is still numb as its only been a few hours.

Its crazy how fast the dentist pulled these out! Maybe 30second tops once numbed up. I was wide awake during the procedure, no nitrous oxide or IV sedation. Well anyways figured I would share this on ES :lol:

Attachments

• AA46B2BD-7EA7-43BD-8D8E-D6F65BDCC016.jpeg
    AA46B2BD-7EA7-43BD-8D8E-D6F65BDCC016.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 49965BDD-AB2A-486B-8999-013A49896D92.jpeg
    49965BDD-AB2A-486B-8999-013A49896D92.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
marty said:

Left upper wisdom was dead and broke. I’ve had horrible sinuses and allergy issues and I believe it’s because of these infected wisdom teeth. Left side was impacted with an abscess. I’m hoping that I can get my nasal passage and my lungs back healthy. I knew the left tooth was dead because there was a hole in it that I could feel with my tongue and zero pain lol

want to see the other side of the wisdom tooth? it’s pretty nasty I didn’t post that picture lol

Without pictures, where is the proof?
Bring those pictures on

Eastwood said:
want to see the other side of the wisdom tooth? it’s pretty nasty I didn’t post that picture lol

calab said:
Without pictures, where is the proof?
Bring those pictures on

Eastwood said:

Lol here you go,

Attachments

• D06790D6-1D5A-4E09-B0E3-3883E4881A34.jpeg
    D06790D6-1D5A-4E09-B0E3-3883E4881A34.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 6894A5EF-4732-40CD-941D-FD44D890FF85.jpeg
    6894A5EF-4732-40CD-941D-FD44D890FF85.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
They were probably easily yoinked because part of your jaw had already cut off tissue and blood supply to protect the body. I had that when I ground my teeth as a kid and I shattered a molar, that after a few months it was really easy to pick out dead parts.

Whatcha going to do with them? Make em into gnarly cuff links?

j bjork said:
Oh, shit :eek:
I was going to say that I have had a hole that I could feel with my tongue, without the tooth being dead.
But I realize my hole was not really a hole in comparison, more like a little dimple :wink:

Now I’m stuck with a little piece of sharp bone sticking out of the extracted site and it’s actually rubbing against the inside of my mouth. The doctor should have rounded it out. I guess it’s time to break out the Dremel tool :lol: No! :p

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ouch, Hope you feel better and heal quickly, no dry socket.

Nothing good ever comes from keeping wisdom teeth, have all 4 taken out by an oral surgeon,
In US, if you are on medicare, extractions might be covered but it will probably hard to find a dentist who will take medicare lower rates.

Eastwood said:
j bjork said:
I was going to say that I have had a hole that I could feel with my tongue, without the tooth being dead.
But I realize my hole was not really a hole in comparison, more like a little dimple :wink:

Now I’m stuck with a little piece of sharp bone sticking out of the extracted site and it’s actually rubbing against the inside of my mouth. The doctor should have rounded it out. I guess it’s time to break out the Dremel tool :lol: No! :p

Oh my, go back to the dentist pls, you probably have a fragment???

gobi said:
Eastwood said:
j bjork said:

Oh my, go back to the dentist pls, you probably have a fragment???

Actually, the gum tissue grew over it, and no complications. I guess it’s common when you have your wisdom teeth for so many years the bone grows up around the sides of the teeth so when it’s removed, it leaves a sharp edge. It took about a month for the gum tissue to grow back over the bone. Now all is good!

Back