Would be Lyen buyers... be warned * RESOLVED *

I also gotta mention again that he films videos of every controller he ships and if there is a serious problem or a repair that he did he puts the controller on his own bike and does on ride video and puts a controller through its paces before he sends it back to you.... what other vendor does that.

Liveforphysics got it right..

the product is inherently a difficult one to sell and support..

you sell a controller for a customer to install on his own motor, and possible throttle... there are so many things that can go wrong it's insane...

motor phase, and hall wires ( different brands, models, some that have been modded by users and color codes changed ) , throttle wires, ebrakes, cruise control.. all that being hooked up just takes 1 bad connection in all those wires to cause a problem.

Luckily i have a whole mountain of parts i can use to troubleshoot, and lots of experience doing it, and still find it a challenge... imagine a newb !
----

A suggestion for Lyen, i'm sure he's reading this, warranty/return units could be replaced with good known units, and as dogman mentioned, returned units could be shelved until you have time to work on them, this would expedite service work and keep customers happy with a quick turn around time... hell.. charge 20$ for a swap with known to work unit and make a profit on those returns that have no problem on arrival to you..

many ways to do it, but waiting weeks for a unit with a non-working bike is frustrating and soul crushing when it's your only ride...

One of the reasons i have a collection of rides on hand, when i break one. i just ride the next in line until i fix the broken unit. lol..

My original infineon from Knuckles is going on 5 years , 3 different trikes and 4 or 5 different motors (and surprisingly the same throttle) in voltages from 54 to 36 currently. A good controller that is not overvolted or abused should last a while.
otherDoc

People are not very self sufficient today. They complain about everything and expect companies to do everything for them.
I mean I used to make cheap tables and sell them on eBay and people sometimes would complain that the paint wasn't perfect.
I just tell them to spray paint it. It's better to have negative feedback and keep your profit than to bend over for every idiot... especially considering most people can't even do basic tasks such as cooking frozen pizza (they forget to remove the plastic) or spend less money than they make in income (ie credit card debt)

Back