3000W alibaba hub motor good?

Chalo said:
Why would they? (Other than corrupt double dealing, of course.)

Bingo. You don't think that China produced as many millionaires as it has among the impoverished millions, a billion even, through completely honest and uncorrupted business-government dealings, did you?

However, whether this particular motor manufacturer has inside connections is another question.

Anyway, the business of neodymium mining is not really a zero-sum game. They find as many suckers as they can to pay the exorbitant export prices, and mine as many as they want for internal usage at whatever the going internal rate is. There's really no real "limit" to the production of neodymium other than whatever artificial limits the Chinese place on exports. They can make as much as they want to satisfy internal demand.

that's great about China's politics, however i Want a $175 hub motor that I can throw +3000W into.. if not I'll settle for the one I have ordered. which looks like a pretty ok deal from where i am sitting right now.

That's about it.

Thanks.

Andy

Don't worry I will keep this updated.

There was some shut down last week (for all of china) and some delays in "production" but I got a photo today of my front wheel build into a 19" MC rim. which looks ok. awaiting pics of the rear wheel build with motor which is being "tested", and then I'll post some info.. It seems like a long time, and I guess 3 weeks past due for completion is kinda a long time.

Anyways patience is a virtue.. apparently.

Andy

Probably the same picture they sent me lol. I didn't ask for one either, I also do not want them to build the front rim for me, I am having Volt Riders do that. The picture they sent scares me, it's not proper at all, they are not taking the angled nipple hole into account when they are choosing a lacing pattern. I know Volt Riders can get it right. I will probably be building with a dual disc front hub anyways, as long as the rim appears to be decent. I just sent them an email letting Nicole no I do not want the front wheel built, funny that they did this since I never discussed buying a hub or having it laced, i just asked for a spare rim for the front.

I'm guessing I'll have Cromotors back in stock around the same time I receive this motor since the latest batch will be ready very soon.

Check out those mad lacing skillz yo.

Brace angle what?

17'' front wheel.JPG

Never mind the fact that I never asked for a laced wheel and intended to use a through axle setup with a DNM fork. Guess I'll have to pay to have it unfucked.

funny that they did this since I never discussed buying a hub or having it laced, i just asked for a spare rim for the front

Hahaha.. exactly the same scenario as me, although I'll take the front wheel and re-lace it myself (or at least have a go..)

And yes that is the same photo they sent me.. and Yes, I was also a bit surprised with the lacing pattern, but hey.....

I wonder if they are going to send us both the same wheel :twisted:

I'm still waiting on pics of the hub motor...

Andy

Animalector said:
Don't worry I will keep this updated.

There was some shut down last week (for all of china) and some delays in "production" but I got a photo today of my front wheel build into a 19" MC rim. which looks ok. awaiting pics of the rear wheel build with motor which is being "tested", and then I'll post some info.. It seems like a long time, and I guess 3 weeks past due for completion is kinda a long time.

Anyways patience is a virtue.. apparently.

Andy

If it doesn't dispatch this week prepare for more delays since next week is a national holiday.

It would be interesting to see which domestic scooter uses this motor.

very mad lacing..
maybe the rim only support 1cross lacing for the hubmotor and not 3cross for the frontwheel?

I ordered the same hub this week, the seller told me that it was black and not silver as pictured. This still looks more like a cromotor. I have not taken the rims but, I added a single freeweel and disc brake for 15$.
I cant wait to see the pic you will receive with the hub :roll:
I hope they does not assemble the hub as they lacing the rims ...

Ok, not more like a cromotor, but more like this: http://cnebikes.en.made-in-china.com/product/DBwJbPtrYacl/China-60V-72V-84V-94V-3000W-Rear-Motor-for-Electric-Bike.html

Done...
file.php

file.php

file.php

Shall be sent today or tomorrow..Given their national holiday it could be a couple of weeks.

Andy

doesn't look bad :)

how much did you pay for it?

swbluto said:
Chalo said:
Why would they? (Other than corrupt double dealing, of course.)

Bingo. You don't think that China produced as many millionaires as it has among the impoverished millions, a billion even, through completely honest and uncorrupted business-government dealings, did you?

However, whether this particular motor manufacturer has inside connections is another question.

Anyway, the business of neodymium mining is not really a zero-sum game. They find as many suckers as they can to pay the exorbitant export prices, and mine as many as they want for internal usage at whatever the going internal rate is. There's really no real "limit" to the production of neodymium other than whatever artificial limits the Chinese place on exports. They can make as much as they want to satisfy internal demand.
Being in Australia the "commodities country" and watching a fair amount of business news I see all sorts of stories about China authorities doing things to try and keep metal prices down.
They might randomly temporarily shut down steal mills to lower demand and try and build up iron/coal all inventory, they have preferred months in the year where they always build up stock piles of iron ore, when they figure the rest of the world isn't so interested in buying.

China authorities even chucked an Australian guy in jail for 10 years because they believe he affected the price of iron ore negotiations. There was no real trial just a secret court hearing.. Australia just has to put up with things like this, if China wants to chuck aussies in jail with no real reason they can and our politicians just pretend not to hear about it. Personally I think it puts a torch light back on us that we are small and don't have much power.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/rio-tintos-stern-hu-jailed-10-years/story-e6frg9df-1225847088979

Personally I think China are too used to getting stuff cheap, to the rest of the world paying $100 per 1 ton for "anything" including delivery from another part of the world is a decent deal but Chinese authorities see it has highway robbery. They are pretty much crazy about iron ore prices.

I am pretty sure China authorities made a rule where %90 of all neodymium can only be sold within Chinas manufactures, or something along those lines. Same with gold, its illegal to sell gold in china to any one abroad.

Interestingly neodymium appears to be coming back up in price, I know they put this in hobby RC motors but do they put it in hub motors as well? I could understand the appeal since it would make the motor lighter.
http://www.metal-pages.com/metalprices/neodymium/

Ended up being $600 USD all up shipped. That's including the "extra" $70 they tacked on at the end to cover a shortfall in freight.

Certainly look ok. I Don't know what the tyres are or their rating, but I'll give them a go..

Back to picking the rest of my parts.

Andy

I paid mine $ 250 (hub only, i prefer Ypedal rims) + $ 98 shipping + 14$ paypal fee + 15$ for freeweel and disc brake. 377$ US for all.
Ship to Canada today 8)
I negociate with Nicole, she responded very quickly to my questions.

Back