Backyard-Millyard ebike.

Hello Folks,
Here are some photo's of my very simple bike building jig.....pro's and purist's would probably say that's crap....but it DID work for me.....
Photp 1..the bits and pieces........Photo 2 bits and pieces in place........Photo 3 the frame used to give me angles and positions....I hope this helps.....

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,444
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Thanks, yeah that's very helpful to see and very interesting......

Malcolm, thanks for the link, that is one hell of a thread!

I've made stuff in wood where the jigs and templates took 90% of the time, and the actual piece took 10%...so I guess it's no surprise that metal is no different.

The comparison to torquing down a cylinder head was a good one, and induced a genuine "ah, right!" :D

Another project is the last thing I need right now, but I just got some quotes for another project I need welded and it wouldn't be much more expensive to buy the welder and do it myself, lol. (minus the inevitable multiple cock ups, of course, :D )

@tri-lobe
That jig is way more engineered than mine was (actually calling mine a jig is stretching it)

jonathanm said:
...The comparison to torquing down a cylinder head was a good one, and induced a genuine "ah, right!" :D ...
Excellent, it's great when a concept "clicks". Usually I end up confusing everyone though :roll: Another analogy is tightening wheel nuts on your car.

GT

gtadmin said:
Hillhater said:
:shock: Crap ! ... are you supposed to tighten them ? :eek: ...... :lol:
Not on a Holden anyways :lol:

They fall off whether tight or not on Holdens :p

KiM

AussieJester said:
gtadmin said:
Hillhater said:
:shock: Crap ! ... are you supposed to tighten them ? :eek: ...... :lol:
Not on a Holden anyways :lol:

They fall off whether tight or not on Holdens :p

KiM
Yeah, that's what I was alluding to :lol: (but it almost happened to me on a Falcon coupe where someone had tried to rip-off my mags; I didn't notice until I was driving along and felt the arse end move about :evil: )

Yep - barely holden together...

I found out the hard way that it is indeed possible to drive on rear discs on a falcoon. :shock:

Great work! Looking forward to seeing more of the build. 8)

How the heck, did i miss this build :shock: .very nice frame,great angles, great for any type batteries.awesome.

hey trilobe, any update on this? 'twas a fantastic build, would love to see it up and running!!

'scribed

Back