Building a beach cruiser/ board track bike

Paul is getting ready to go to crstalye and will lace in a decent rim as it one of the problem with factory crstalyte. Plus cellman sells controlers and C.A.'s. I quess where you live is flat as 3540 it is not a hill climer. Plus the wire exit has been a problem so torque arms are a must maybe a clamping homemade one

999zip999 said:
Made out of what cells important info ?

I'm gonna go with the 22p cell, mainly because of price.. The pack plus charger and shipping will be just under $1000. If I were to get either of the other batteries it would be over my $1000 battery budget. The 22p cell should work good for what I'm looking to achieve.

danjpendleton said:
u pick up the bike yet!???

I actually just ordered it a few minutes ago, I wanted to make sure I had the battery and bag situation figured out before I got it.

999zip999 said:
Paul is getting ready to go to crstalye and will lace in a decent rim as it one of the problem with factory crstalyte. Plus cellman sells controlers and C.A.'s. I quess where you live is flat as 3540 it is not a hill climer. Plus the wire exit has been a problem so torque arms are a must maybe a clamping homemade one

Well I'll be ordering the battery before the end of the month so if he gets the crystalyte HS3540 in stock by then I'll most likely get everything from him. If not I'll be getting it laced in the Crystalyte 24" Downhill rim from ebikes.ca along with the entire kit including the 72v 40a controller.

For tires I'm going with 24" x 2.4" CST Cyclops tires with thick downhill tubes. The battery will be kept in a HPC frame bag, the large size rectangle bag. I don't think the triangle bag would look right on my frame because of the beach cruiser shape.

That's it for now I'll be putting up some pics when the bike arrives.

Will I be able to mount a 24" x 2.35" crazy bob tire or a 24" x 2.4" cyclops tire on this rim http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/rims/rim24j23s.html ??

The width of the rim is only 23mm. I was going to get ebikes.ca DH rim that has a diameter of 31mm but it's going to be an extra 150$ for it, I'm not paying that much extra..

If those tires won't fit what is the largest diameter tire I could get to fit in the 23mm rim

What up fellas I have been super busy but I finally got some pics of the bike... I ended up ordering the yescomusa 1000w kit.. Still undecided on the battery I'm going to get..

Here's a few shots of the bike

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015928.296636.jpg

[ATTACH type="full" alt="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015939.742883.jpg[attachment]

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015961.728126.jpg[attachment]

Okay now I have a question.. I pulled a newb move and got my seat post stuck in the frame tube.. I tried everything to get it out, it isn't gonna happen.. It is like stuck inside it like 6-8" deep.. So my question is can I just buy another seatpost chop like half of it off and use it?? Here's a pic showing about how deep it is in the frame I got about 6-8 inches of space to put in the new post.. Will that work??

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397016164.490757.jpg"]0[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015939.742883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015939.742883.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 997
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015961.728126.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397015961.728126.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 997
Dammit I forgot to post what happened..

My seat post got stuck in the seat post tube in the frame... It's about 6-8 inches deep in the frame and their is no way I can get it out... I have tried just about everything.. And it won't budge I can't even get a hold on the seat post..

Here's a picture of about how deep the seatpost is stuck in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397065163.782209.jpg

My question has anyone had this happen before? how did u get it out?

Right now I'm considering just leaving it in their and buying a laid back post and chopping some of the new seatpost off.

http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/

get your seat post from here. they are legit.

that bike looks cool with the handlebars flipped

danjpendleton said:
http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/

get your seat post from here. they are legit.

that bike looks cool with the handlebars flipped

Thanks brother, I checked out that site in order for those to work I think I will have to get a shim to make the post larger at the bottom where it goes into the bike frame.. My seatpost (which is now stuck in my frame) is 28.6mm and the top of it that goes into the seat is 7/8" or 22.8mm...

My original seatpost slipped out of my hand and fell down into the frame... I've tried everything to get it out, It's just gonna have to stay stuck, I give up... I got about 6-8" of the frame to work with so it should be fine..

Alright well I just re measured and I got 6.5" of space between the stuck tube and top of the seat post frame part.. Here's a pic you can kind of see how far it is down... It is really stuck in their, nothing will work to get it out. So I figure 6.5" will be enough room for the new seat post to go in without and negative consequences

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397165337.634598.jpg[attachment]

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397165360.616370.jpg[attachment]

You can probably see some pie see of wood and other crap I used to try to get it out..

Will I be able to just saw off the new seat post and use that?? Will the stuck seat post have and negative consequences?? I can't think of any if the top if my head but I'm pretty much a idiot when it comes to this stuff

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397165360.616370.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397165360.616370.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,317
1. Turn your bike upside down
2. Hammer the bottom with metal hammer.

In case you have not tried this already.

Eskimo said:
1. Turn your bike upside down
2. Hammer the bottom with metal hammer.

In case you have not tried this already.

Thank you, I already tried the upside down hammer hit, the pool cue wrapped with duct tape shim, I gave it more lube than Ron Jeremy would give a virgin butthole... When all of these attempts failed I kicked it, cussed it out and accepted defeat. That seatpost will remain in the frame until the end of time..

I ordered a new seat post yesterday, it is the same one. I plan on adding a laid back seatpost in the near future. I made a pissed off impulse buy when I bought another regular factory post.. I'd rather not even think about another seat post for atleast a week...

Sorry fellas I had to vent a little bit... More pics when my motor and controller get here..

Alright well I got a question. I'm not sure many people will know or have an answer to.

My bike came with 24" wheels and tires but the tires are huge, they are the same size as my 26" rims/tires.. I bought the 1000w yescomusa kit in a 26" wheel.

Now the question..... I plan on changing the 24" tire to a CST cyclops in front and the rear tire a 26" Schwalbe marathon or something similar.. Is their any reason good or bad to have the front wheel/tire smaller than the rear wheel tire???

So in conclusion are their any pros or cons to having a 24" in front and a 26" in back???

Well I just ordered the tires. I ended up going with the 24" CST Cyclops in front so I could still use the 24" rim that came on the bike and a 26" Cyclops in the rear on the rim that came with the yescomusa kit.. I figure if I can't mount the 26" tire on the narrow back rim I can always just save it and use it in the future on the front when I upgrade the front to a 26" rim..

Also purchased is the 48v 15ah battery from Calibike.com and the large Tangle Frame bag from Revelate Designs.. I believe the bag is the same as the one that HPC uses difference is its 50$ cheaper .. Here is a link to it https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm/store.catalog/Frame-Bags/Tangle-Frame-Bag

And a link to the battery. http://calibike.com/?product=electric-bicycle-ebike-48v-15ah-lithium-li-ion-battery-and-charger

I figure this battery will get me comfortable with my bike and give me a little more time to read up on RC Lipo batteries. Then when i feel the time has come I can go with a 20s lipo setup and make my girlfriend a bike with the 48v 15ah battery :)...

I'm super excited to get this all put together I should have it done by the first of May or possibly sooner..

Got my battery bag today so I decided to put it on and snap a couple pictures.. It's a bit of a tight fit and it scrunches up the bag in some spots but overall I'm happy with it.

I'm still undecided what position the handle bars will be in, I'm still waiting for a seatpost in the mail.. I haven't even been able to ride the bike yet!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397850555.565499.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397850565.758330.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397850575.461815.jpg

Well I now know what the infamous E-Bike grin is... Holy shit is this bike fun.. I finally got it up an running and even though it's 11pm and dark I had to take her around my subdivision.. The battery was only half charged and I was still able to hit 30mph.. I'm super stoked.. I tried taking some pictures but it was to dark outside. I will deffinatly take some tomorrow..

Thank you for all the help everyone, without all of you guys this wouldn't be possible

SouthWindDuck said:
Congratulations!

Take pic's "before" you ride tomorrow! Other wise it might be too dark again when your done riding :wink:

Will do :) .

I got a question about my battery and charger. After I got done riding, not very far at all maybe 1 mile, I came and put the battery on the charger and the charger has a red light lit up and a green light lit up. I'm assuming it's fully charged however when I re-connected it to the bike the battery indicator on the bike wasn't full. Their is 1 bar missing on the indicator.

Question is, the battery has a on/off switch does that switch need to be on or off while charging? Or am I doing something else wrong here's some pics of the battery and charger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400911543.492441.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400911608.029415.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400911659.114734.jpg

Back