Building a beach cruiser/ board track bike

Scratch that last post. I figured it out. I had to turn on the battery first before plugging it into the wall to charge..

Before when I did it the fan wasn't even blowing in the charger I knew something had to be up... Man I can't wait to see what this baby does hot off the charger.. I may take it for another little joyride tonight before I goto bed :)

Sorry I'm a complete noob with little to no experience with charging batteries for anything...

Alright guys here's some pics of the bike.. I would've had some up sooner but I've been riding it everyday and by the time I remember to take pics it's dark out.

This will still be an on going project. In order I plan on doing

1. Rear rack with saddle bags/panniers.

2. Either a front rock shox suspension fork or a Springer Monark fork.

3. Lipo 16s-20s

Here's some pics of her. She hits 28mph with ease and 32 on a long enough straight away. I still have a big ass bulky 3" tire up front which I will be changing out with my CST Cyclops tire 2.4".

I'm not sure if I mentioned my battery, I ended up getting it from Calibike.com it's a 48v 15ah and only cost $500 with a charger shipped... I am very happy with the battery I would recomend it for anyone who wants to buy a battery from the USA that is cheap and really a perfect match for the yescomusa 1000w kit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239133.845741.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239143.610315.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239153.666036.jpg

Right now I got the controller zip tied and duct taped it's pretty much hidden away between the rear wheel and seat tube.

Very nicely done.

I greatly admire your design sensibilities.

Proof:

Qb7wYBA.jpg

Looks good bud. ive been thinking about building a sweet cruiser for my girlfriend and i considered the yescomusa kit. whered you order it from? that battery seems like a pretty decent setup too

Thanks bud. I got the yescom kit off eBay from this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/291107241753I paid $309 but now it's listed for $50 cheaper.. The rear disc brake is garbage and the tire is cheap crap.

The kit and battery are perfect for getting your feet wet with E-Biking without breaking the bank. Now that I know that I really enjoy riding an electric bike I will hand down the battery/kit and start a higher powered build.

I had the same setup for my first build, yescomusa kit with calibike 48v battery. Tops out at 30mph.

Now I'm running Crystalyte 3540mph and pushing almost 50mph on 20s lipo, 48v gets boring fast and when 78v is starting to feel slow. I'am a experienced motorcycle just like yourself can't wait to see what 100v feels like.

evolutiongts said:
I had the same setup for my first build, yescomusa kit with calibike 48v battery. Tops out at 30mph.

Now I'm running Crystalyte 3540mph and pushing almost 50mph on 20s lipo, 48v gets boring fast and when 78v is starting to feel slow. I'am a experienced motorcycle just like yourself can't wait to see what 100v feels like.

You are totally correct, I have topped out my speed at 32mph.. It was/is a great motor battery combo to get your feet wet and comfortable but now I need more... But before I can get a bigger battery I need to get a decent suspension fork. The roads in my state suck. I was riding at night and looked behind me for cars comming, as soon as I turned back around BAM I hit a pretty big pot hole... It scared the crap out of me, I was going full speed 32mph when I hit it. As soon as I got home I started pricing out front forks and suspension seat posts.

I read the entire post with interest, especially the sage wisdom offered by dogman along the way. 30 MPH fine - more you need suspension! or to that effect. How true, eh? Glad to see you are enjoying such a high value build.

Maybe your next build for higher performance would benefit from mid-drive RC/LiPo, left-drive design. Powerful and light and well balanced.

I wanted to share this, I have been looking for a helmet but don't want something regular biking kinda nerdy helmet.. As of right now my bike only goes 30-32mph so I've been alright without a helmet, but with my plans of upgrading the battery and controller and modding the yescom motor I feel that going 40+mph I should probably have a helmet... Well this helmet I think is badass, and it's not very expensive, I think it would look sweet with my style and style of my bike.. Here's a pic of it and a link below if u want one for yourself..

Edit: I couldn't get the pic to upload I'm goin a try in a different post

3D Skull Skeleton Matte Black Half Motorcycle Cruiser Chopper Biker Shorty Helmet DOT (S) by IV2 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KOI0E3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_H-JTtb0WNJ9FZ

Here is another Fito GT.
Single speed.
Magic pie 3, 48v 10ah LifePo4.
Only thing still original on the bike is seat post clamp, 1 disc brake and front forks.
Spread the rear, 1200+ miles...still going.
Fun Bike.

Attachments

• Street Mode R.JPG
    Street Mode R.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,562
Paladin said:
Here is another Fito GT.
Single speed.
Only thing still original on the bike is seat post clamp, 1 disc brake and front forks.
Fun Bike.
Very nice.. I will be ordering a new headset and suspension fork in the next few days.. Potholes suck without any kind of suspension

I really like that rear fender how did u mount that.. The did u cut the one that came with the bike?

Time for the fork and headset upgrade.. This is the one I plan on getting unless you guys have a different option.. Keep in mind I'll be using it with my 24" front wheel. I also noticed the brake tabs are different I'm guessing I just take the mounting bracket that's on the calipers off and use the holes that are about 77mm apart.. If this is wrong please let me know.. I'll still be using the crappy shimano brakes that came with the bike but I plan on getting the avid bb7 in a month or so.. Here's a link to the fork.

RockShox XC28 MagTK Coil 100 - mm, (9 mm QR, (1-1/8 - Inch), Rim or Disc Brake, TurnKey Crown Adjust, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008C0PEG0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AAcdub1GN96M8

Here's the headset

1-1/8" Threadless Mountain Bike Headset Sealed Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00811SHGE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AHcdub1J6RW1M

Do those look alright to you guys.. I'm not looking for anything crazy I just need something to take the edge off the potholes.. And the headset is because the one that came with the bike is trash the bearings came loose after my second ride and now every time I brake their is movement with the whole fork/handlebars

babyhughie said:
Paladin said:
Here is another Fito GT.
Single speed.
Fun Bike.
Very nice.. I will be ordering a new headset and suspension fork in the next few days.. Potholes suck without any kind of suspension

I really like that rear fender how did u mount that.. The did u cut the one that came with the bike?

Right avoid potholes.
Yes, chopped the rear that came with the bike, the neat little side pieces came loose, bad spot welds. Hacked and painted, has a nice bolt hole at the frame to mount a angle piece.
Dang I guess I lied, fenders are from the Fito GT too.

The parts you listed above should work just fine.

Cool I've always eyeing this bike for a replacement frame for my daily commuter bike that uses a prodeco phantom X folding frame. That thing is old and got more than 6000 miles on it and is time to retire the darn frame before it snaps on me in half dong a 40mph down hill decent daily :twisted: One of my riding buddies snapped his with lesser miles so I'm on borrowed time! :shock: It's a 30mph bike with pedaling on level ground using a 15ah 48v battery, 6fet infenion limited to 21 amps and an upgraded 10TMAC motor. everything else will be transfered over minus the frame. :mrgreen: I agree with anything over 30mph constant needs a full suspension bike and wide tires. Really hairy when you hit a tiny crack in the road. It's like the bike hitting the pavement like a hammer on larger bumps. :shock:

babyhughie said:
Time for the fork and headset upgrade.. This is the one I plan on getting unless you guys have a different option.. Keep in mind I'll be using it with my 24" front wheel. I also noticed the brake tabs are different I'm guessing I just take the mounting bracket that's on the calipers off and use the holes that are about 77mm apart.. If this is wrong please let me know.. I'll still be using the crappy shimano brakes that came with the bike but I plan on getting the avid bb7 in a month or so.. Here's a link to the fork.

RockShox XC28 MagTK Coil 100 - mm, (9 mm QR, (1-1/8 - Inch), Rim or Disc Brake, TurnKey Crown Adjust, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008C0PEG0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AAcdub1GN96M8

Here's the headset

1-1/8" Threadless Mountain Bike Headset Sealed Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00811SHGE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AHcdub1J6RW1M

Do those look alright to you guys.. I'm not looking for anything crazy I just need something to take the edge off the potholes.. And the headset is because the one that came with the bike is trash the bearings came loose after my second ride and now every time I brake their is movement with the whole fork/handlebars

Any update on your new fork on your beach cruiser?

K

k90211lee said:
babyhughie said:

Here's the headset

Any update on your new fork on your beach cruiser?

K

I've been super busy with everyday life. I ha to get a new front wheel and tire 26" I got avid bb7 disc brakes and a new sealed bearing headset. I didn't realize how hard and specialized tools needed to remove and then re-install the new headset. I made a homemade headset removed tool from a old bike seat post.. But now I am considering my options on how to install the new headset cups.. I will probably bite the bullet and spend $40-50 bucks and get the proper headset tool to instal it correctly. I hope to get everything setup soon.. Right now bike looks the same..

I really want to get the new multistar 6s 16000mah batteries but I can't figure out how to series connect 3 of them because they have XT-90 connectors.. If anyone has any ideas please let me know I really want to try out these multistar packs

Well I built one too using the same bike using an upgraded 10T MAC geared hub motor on a 48v 15ah LiFePO4 battery pack. I wanted to upgrade the fork to a sunlight double springer replica fork should I get the threaded 1" version http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Deluxe-Springer-Replica-Fork/dp/B008ZTM7PY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QECXM8YDJ185J0NRBS5 or the thread-less 1-1/8 version http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Deluxe-Springer-Replica-Fork/dp/B008ZTM7GI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MZBVM9JTK96KJT30FEV? I've measured the double tree steerer tube and it seems like it's 1" :? so which one should I get?
Btw. here is my build. " Silver Bullet E-cruiser" :twisted: Complete build thread is at the ES Facebook group :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 10338482_850669444964611_4179407156237720180_o.jpg
    10338482_850669444964611_4179407156237720180_o.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 3,272
  • 10620084_850669658297923_1352531820877469180_o.jpg
    10620084_850669658297923_1352531820877469180_o.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 3,272
  • 10631057_850669451631277_3776014697451005954_o.jpg
    10631057_850669451631277_3776014697451005954_o.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 3,272
It is threadless 1 1/8" headset on these fito's.

Another way to tell is to look at the top of the fork head-tube.
If it has threads on it, it is 1" threaded.

If it has no threads on the fork head-tube, it is threadless, 1 1/8".

edit-
Looks like there are 1" threadless headsets too...whoops.

The threads on the top of the fork headtube would need threaded headset.
No threads on the top of the fork headtube would need a threadless headset.

babyhughie wrote:
"I really want to get the new multistar 6s 16000mah batteries but I can't figure out how to series connect 3 of them because they have XT-90 connectors.. If anyone has any ideas please let me know I really want to try out these multistar packs."

Could you not replace the connectors with whatever flavor you like?
Or make your own wire harness?

The headset can be installed with a bench vise.
I use an old wheelbarrow axle to remove the headset. Just start tapping along the inside edge and work in a circle.

If you can solder, you'll want to daisy chain some XT90 connectors together going from positive to negative. I've included a link with a picture of one for 2 batteries in a series.
http://cdn.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/25661.jpg

Thank you, I already tried the upside down hammer hit, the pool cue wrapped with duct tape shim, I gave it more lube than Ron Jeremy would give a virgin butthole... When all of these attempts failed I kicked it, cussed it out and accepted defeat. That seatpost will remain in the frame until the end of time..
Have you tried heating up the post with a torch. The outside should expand first because it get hot first then pound the post like Ron Jeremy on a virgin's ass.

Back