GT E-drive from Russia

the bike looks good!

ride, as far as i know ivanov has the DN-10 welder. DN-16 would be way overkill IMO.
i now have a DN-5 on order because i think it will have enough power to weld nickel tabs to batteries. Also i read something from andreym they had to weld with the lowest setting on the DN-10 when using 0,3mm tabs. i guess its better to have some room for lower settings for thinner nickel. not sure what this setting does (if its welding time or power setting) but i will figure out.
mine was about 400$ + 200$ shipping because it has 25kg :shock:
will report when i have it ;)

thanks maddin.
im eager to find out how you get on.

iv got some lg mg1 cells that need building to a pack asap and i dont like the idea of soldering onto the cells, so i might look into doing a no weld/solder style pack build.
i will want to get a spotwelder soon but as im in a hurry, best try the other method first. if im lucky i might find a spotwelder locally but i doubt it.

ridethelightning said:
how is the d16 spotwelder performing now?

wery good :) In total, it made more than 50kwh. And din16 is right model. Not din10. Battery is so good and after ~45 cycles (~7000km) it has 9mv difference

i found this DN16 on cart100(Taobao equivalent)-http://www.cart100.com/Product/10270288353/

720usd
im yet to get a shipping quote though.

is this the same as your unit?

btw what lights did you use? im guessing the ones on the bench in the picture with the batteries.

Looks same... (http://www.yoybuy.com/en/Show/35788308198)

Lights - http://www.yoybuy.com/en/Show/19134196959

Damn Ivan, that's some snowy weather in Moscow. Riding in traffic like that, that's brave because you have no protection if one of those metal coffins, slides into you on the ice. I like your style. :mrgreen:

i would not have the guts to ride in such conditions.. respect :)

as for the welder i wish i had taken the DN-10 or DN-16 because the information from the chinese about max metal sheet thickness seems to be massive overstated.
check the numbers on this pic. the blue numbers on top seems the correct one:

fjMToO.jpg

Allex said:
Frigging double tracks in front during snow. Why not something more offroady during winter?

Ivan, Allex has an excellent question :lol: :D I appreciate you taking the time to make and post your video. One way I get to see places around the world on an ebike are from folks like yourself that post vids of the area they live in. Much appreciated.

I love seeing places like this iv never been to too.
i think when i got back after a ride like that though, my balls would look like frozen wallnuts :shock:

Allex said:
Why not something more offroady during winter?

Because the bike does not go in the snow deeper than 20 cm. Big mass (70kg) with narrow tires (2.5") leave no chance

ridethelightning said:
I love seeing places like this iv never been to too.
i think when i got back after a ride like that though, my balls would look like frozen wallnuts :shock:

The truth!

Pretty good time on changing a flat, but I would rather make the 'Walk of Shame' home with 17" moto x tires, but then I guess it depends how far your out.....

Emm... There is one problem. Try to find 1mm hole and object in tire from the front side. Good luck

iv just aquired a GT dhi, similar pivot setup to the GTedrive,
just wondering what your experiences have been with the E-drive, re. sevicing the pivots, getting parts and so forth,
and how it worked out in the conversion to its new life as an ebike?

ivanovlev said:
ridethelightning said:
how is the d16 spotwelder performing now?

wery good :) In total, it made more than 50kwh. And din16 is right model. Not din10. Battery is so good and after ~45 cycles (~7000km) it has 9mv difference

iv contacted the supplier for a dn16. they said it must have 380v for operation. dn10 uses the normal 220v imput.

did you need 380v or 3 phase for your dn16?

or perhaps its a different unit..

Back