GT E-drive from Russia

[youtube]5H2BzuGu5vs[/youtube]

and accidentally found on the youtybe =)

[youtube]HY7q6eHv0AA[/youtube]

Back rim fail, ~15.000km:

Time to change at...

mounting the tire, sawing off the superfluous:

the result, 500km later:

18x1.40 + Michelin Gazelle M62 18 x 2.75

nice work with the wheel! do you have a studded tire option for snow/ice?

so cool to see you charge up on the street. how much does it cost for a charge?

what kind of washers did you use for the spoke nipples?

and the fenders/mudguards? where'd you get those?

yeah it would be great to have charging stations like those here in aus.
itd save me sneaking round the back of the supermarkets to charge at their outdoor sockets :D

mudgards look awesome. a bit of diy involved as i recall?

ridethelightning said:
that Gazelle looks the biz. bugger i couldnt get one for a 16" moped rim.

yes they are only available above 17". thats a pity, but Continental KKS are also not bad..

@ ivanovlev

nice vids :)
i very like the Adaptto Controller Unit

im very excited about the adaptto too, mine is on its way in the post :)

i ended up getting heidenau tyres inspired by your(madin88) e-moped. also in transit.

when it all comes together, ill definately post some pics up.

GCinDC said:
nice work with the wheel! do you have a studded tire option for snow/ice?

New tire well kept on ice. Tested yesterday.

GCinDC said:
so cool to see you charge up on the street. how much does it cost for a charge?

80% of infrastructure is free, 20% 1$ for hour (testing mode) https://my.revolta.ru/fow/pages/home.jsf

GCinDC said:
what kind of washers did you use for the spoke nipples?

Spokes and nipples have been found >>here<<, 115mm in length. Rim was purchased >>here<<. Additional washers are not needed. Nipples came to the rim perfectly

GCinDC said:
and the fenders/mudguards? where'd you get those?

Homemade, look >>back<<

ridethelightning said:
im very excited about the adaptto too, mine is on its way in the post :)

i ended up getting heidenau tyres inspired by your(madin88) e-moped. also in transit.

when it all comes together, ill definately post some pics up.

I'm pleased to see your photos.
The adaptto unit is really awesome. Of course a bit difficult to set up the first time, but once if you are familiar with it, you don't want to go back to some other controller :)
I have heidenau 2,5" 41J on front and 2,75" 46J on rear rated for 100kmh.
The 2,75 is not perfectly round (maybe i got a "monday" tire), but apart from this these are good tires and due to the high weight (both about 2000g) there is lots of gyroscopic force for driving stability which makes the bike feel more like a moped.
For winter riding i now changed my tire to Conti KKS 10. They have very soft rubber.

iv got the 41js ,the same k36 as yours. 16"x1.35"steel moped rim, cro.
im going to try running maxis hk worms on the front, just standard 26" dh mtb rim. my rear dropout adaptor is set with the axle a little lower to account for smaller rear tyre, clearence for the pedals.iv got this theory that the larger front tyre will take the bumps better.( :?: )anyway i got 2 heidenaus just in case i change my plan. im now just waiting for quotes for the laser cutting....ho hum.

the tyres arrived today, from treatland tv moped superstore. gotta say im already smitten! just love the weight of them and the look.

thanks again for posting your thread. its been a real inspiration :)

Front brake on the left huh? Guess it's me who is used to motorcycle style brakes...front brake on right side.
Where is the regen button for the rear?

A chto, velik ne boishsya ostavlyat tak na ulice s ogromnim Pelicase?

Allex said:
A chto, velik ne boishsya ostavlyat tak na ulice s ogromnim Pelicase?
мало кто на улице догадывается сколько стоят батарейки которые в пеликане )

Hall regen (and a reed switch for stop signal) is located under the handle. At the right side besides the lever gas and lever light switch is nothing.

ps At the Institute, he is chained at the entrance for 6 hours per day. Abus city chain x plus 1060 = 2.5Kg of tranquility :D

the bicycling community here in portland erects white painted "ghost bikes" and locks them to the street sign next to where there was another bicyclist murdered by cars.

i always am expecting them to be stolen too but they seem to be safe. maybe because they are on major through streets too. but a bike left here locked to a post overnight will either not be there the next day or will be totally stripped all the way down to the frame and only the frame and the lock will be left behind. and this is bike town. maybe that is why.

Nice vid :) With the right clothing you can be comfortable in those conditions. Are you running studded tires? Looks like there was some ice on those paths?

Summer tires: Hookworm + gazelle m62, as it was before. Not seen bike\ moto studded tires under the 24/18 "

ivanovlev said:
Hall regen (and a reed switch for stop signal) is located under the handle...
thanks for pic. i had a hard time figuring out how best to have the magnet wipe the hall - cause sometimes the voltage seemed to in reverse...

does regen kick in the moment you move the lever? do you remember how much voltage range it has like that? finally, what's the adhesive? epoxy?

Back