GT E-drive from Russia

About the hall. By default, it gives 2 volts. One pole of the magnet change it to 1v (2-1v), another to 3v (2+1v). So there are two options - either to keep 1v using permanent location on the magnet , and pressing the lever (removing the magnet) to restore to default 2c (as done), or place the hall so that the magnet on the contrary suited to him when you push lever and raise it from 2v to 3v. The second way is undoubtedly more difficult to do in this form factor, because hall is so oak (whether I got, only they all are), that for deviations in 1v it should be placed tightly to the magnet. Removing it literally millimeter leads to loss of half of the range.

adhesive - hot glue

interesting... just testing here -my lever (and magnet) shape is very different, so i've got a bigger gap to cover, and the brakes don't contact until i've depressed the lever halfway...
20130713_084657.jpg

and the sensor is so senitive, that if the magnet sways away, it doesn't work..

i'm not sure if this is the same sensor, but it's interesting...
hslin.jpg

and i can't remember the max side but i think you're right that it's like 2V delta:
20130821_202329.jpg

my sensor and magnet came from inside an old throttle, and the magnet moved from end to end over the hall giving a lot of range. maybe i should try smaller button magnet...

unrelated, from the bath vid, were you wearing waterproof shoes or booties? link?

thanks!

ps. thanks for spokes link.. nice price!

For light rain or probability of rain i'm usually use this. Also it can be useful for light minus (-15...-5°C), when reagents on street still has a liquid state. For heavy rain and shit on the road i use rubber boots (-5... 30°C)

[youtube]QNE9JjJLlac[/youtube]

I like your vids :)

you should try spike tires. you can also ride on the street with them.

did you do some test on traction control settings?

Alas, motorcycle spike 18 inches does not exist. Traction control settings not tested because I love full control over the bike, without any automation

GCinDC said:
got a link for the mini pressure washer pump?
we got 2 of them from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F-S-Car-electric-60w-high-pressure-washing-device-washing-machine-portable-high-pressure-car-wash/1555877368.html
nice for a bike but useless for a car. And you have to use it right after riding BEFORE the dirt is dried up :)

your vids are always nice to watch :)
I like that you guys have such a big e-bike community with lots of fun doing together. At my place i currently don't know anybody with this interest or with an self made e-bike..
hmmm, i hope you put out the burned lipo from the fire before you start barbecueing the sausages haha :)

can i ask you andreym and ivanovlev what Wh/km consumption you have average?
do you have problems with battery sag at this cold temperatures?

ivanovlev said:
Fresh vid
nice. very pro audio syncronization!

ivanovlev said:
Alas, motorcycle spike 18 inches does not exist.
no, but check these out! (link from grindz) Self-Tapping Carbide Tire Studs:
4714_1d_1.jpg

Ordinary low-budget sheet metal screws bite fine into ice but get ground away quick on paved surfaces. With sharp tips made of corrosion-proof, super hard, abrasion-resistant tungsten carbide, these ingeniously designed studs allow most of the tire’s rubber to be in contact with clear pavement while providing increased traction over mixed snow or ice. The best part is they’re simple to install — the studs self-tap with the included bit that fits any power drill. Just mark your tire, drill each one in and you’re ready to ride. For everyday winter riding, low profile studs (A, B or C) will keep you on the road. The off-road stud (D) is only for off-road / dirt riding. Scooter A & B are for scooters only. If you ride through the winter you’ll have fun, your bike will horribly corrode, and everyone will think you’re crazy. Perfect! Each set comes with an installation bit, instructions and 100 studs (50 per tire).

#4706 Low Profile A (8.7 x 12.4mm, Base penetrates tire 10.5mm, tip protrudes from tire 1.9mm)

#4707 Low Profile B (8.8 x 15.2mm, Base penetrates tire 12mm, tip protrudes from tire 3.2mm)

#4708 Low Profile C (9 x 16.2mm, Base penetrates tire 13.5mm, tip protrudes from tire 2.7mm)

#4714 Off Road D (9 x 17.5mm, Base penetrates tire 13.5mm, tip protrudes from tire 4mm)

#4719 Scooter A (5.9 x 8.2mm, Base penetrates tire 6mm, tip protrudes from tire 2.2mm)

#4720 Scooter B (7.9 x 9.7mm, Base penetrates tire 7.8mm, tip protrudes from tire 1.9mm)

examples:
CarbideStuds.jpg

images

33827_1442756362926_6471884_n.jpg

madin88 said:
can i ask you andreym and ivanovlev what Wh/km consumption you have average?

with moto wheel wh\km is worse (1.5x), than doubletrack+hookworm :( It's about 35wh\km at 40kph average speed on track, or 30kph average speed in sity

madin88 said:
do you have problems with battery sag at this cold temperatures?

... 326mOm at -1°C :D (6 hour on street near university)

ivanovlev said:
with moto wheel wh\km is worse (1.5x), than doubletrack+hookworm :( It's about 35wh\km at 40kph average speed on track, or 30kph average speed in sity
i think rolling resistance is higher with moto tires because of the bigger rubber wall and less possible pressure.
Bike tires have much thinner walls and normally they can be pumped up higher. With heavier wheels there is also more inertia torque needed when spinning up.

during my last ride i got about the same 35wh/km at average 40kmh :) I have Cromotor with 16" x 2,5" moped tires
do you have set any OVS?

... 326mOm at -1°C :D (6 hour on street near university)

you are happy?
as far as i read this is about 3 times more resistance on your battery :shock: Cold temp is really bad...
If my battery falls below 50-60% soc, i am not able to push out >100A (7-8kW) without cut off. I very look forward to ride in summer.

OVS=2 - 80 km\h is a physical limit on 5 kW. Therefore, large values (3+) ​​are meaningless.

:D

May be the best screen, that you ever seen:

13wh\km at 50km\h average =)

The map: http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CVfUQTJi

ivanovlev said:
:D

May be the best screen, that you ever seen:

13wh\km at 50km\h average =)

The map: http://maps.yandex.ru/-/CVfUQTJi

Hehe, this must be wrong, max-e calibrated wrong? How is this possible, downhill all the way? :D
(Russian)
Kstati, mozhno li poslat max-e v Sweden?
Hochu postavit ego na Stealth Bomber.

Allex said:
Hehe, this must be wrong, max-e calibrated wrong? How is this possible, downhill all the way? :D
No - this is true data with correctly calibrated controller.
The thing is all the way we were drafting trucks :)
this way you car go up to 70-80kph without much aerodynamic drag resulting in much lower consumption.
Usually one truck = 2 bicycles :)

ok, this does explain the good stats, but it looks dangerous (i must think of an emergency stop ot the truck driver).
You russia guys are fearless.. :)

Back