Moonshine's Vector/MXUS/MaxE Build

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438051543.060005.jpg

Hitting 60 on "normal" mode!

ozman said:
How is the MXUS 3000 going does it ever over heat on you

It's amazing! So much torque and top speed in my 19" moto. My normal setting is 75a/251a (i think...I'm not in front of my bike). It rarely gets above 150F. When I start doing wheelies and top speed runs on normal setting I go up to 180. However if I go on boost (125/451a) temps jump up 20-30degrees instantly.

I'm always on normal setting and still reach close to my top speed but not as much torque. I can blip the throttle and lift the front end. But on boost blippin the throttle can flip me and the bike with ease.

Long runs of stop and go traffic uphill going 40-45mph will heat up to 180 after 7-10 mi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438913065.081051.jpg

Just finished putting the new workbench together for all those future projects and repairs!

Nice feedback on the mxus. 8) Can't say mine get more than warm at 40-60a.

moonshine said:

Got the wife's bike up and running!

Looks nice! :wink:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441032948.406343.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441032948.406343.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,168
I have discovered getting the other half on side directly affects the N+1 function. Well worth doing!

Might have to do a Vector build at some point, lookin good!

So far I've done over 200 miles on it w/o any single problem. This is unlike any other build I've had before! I ALWAYS blow a controller, mess up a battery, or drop the bike doing something stupid. It's getting to the point where I'm TRYING to find other things to do on it! With that said...

I've been finding myself mashing WOT and trying to ride the bike like a motorcycle. I've been burning cars off the line at red lights and even motorcycles! The only "issue" is heating up to fast when I dump 12kw into the MXUS. I'm thinking of doing some cooling mods to the motor covers...I just don't have a machine that can make rectangular holes along the edge of the covers. Something I'll have to research more...

A project likely a lot easier than the one above is making a KICKSTAND and some nice fenders!

-Kickstand is absolutely critical now that I'm riding this bike more often. Super annoying to find a place to put the bike up against. Thoughts???

-Rear fender would be clutch as I start riding more trails and occasional rain. I'm thinking of modifying dirtbike fenders to fit. Any ideas?

moonshine said:
-Kickstand is absolutely critical now that I'm riding this bike more often. Super annoying to find a place to put the bike up against. Thoughts???

-Rear fender would be clutch as I start riding more trails and occasional rain. I'm thinking of modifying dirtbike fenders to fit. Any ideas?

Artur is selling kickstands for the vector frames, they look pretty beefy. I have one due to arrive for myself soon but here's a picture that Artur sent me.

sC3MOkj

Check out kiwi's mudguards, they look pretty killer: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68385&hilit=vector+frame&start=125#p1083073

I've tried so many MTB fenders - they all break :( I think kiwi (and others too I'm sure) have the right idea to try to implement actual dirtbike fenders and whatnot.

Something else you could tack onto your shopping list might be something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Abus-Granit-Detecto-X-Plus-Alarm/dp/B00HUKQHEG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EQ26FX2VP0FMVEEDZPF&dpID=31n0yd2ACeL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_ disk brake lock with alarm. This one seems pretty highly regarded - they have cheaper 20-30 dollar versions but... - just some food for thought if you ride/park in town.

Nice clean looking ride moonshine

I think I paid $50 for my disk brake lock. I used it when I had a scooter. It's good to connect a line from the lock to the handlebars. That way you don't forget about it and try to take off with it on the disc, thus damaging it. The only problem with these kinds of bikes is that it's easy to load them into the back of a truck and take off. Good to lock them to something whenever possible.

markw said:
moonshine said:

Artur is selling kickstands for the vector frames, they look pretty beefy. I have one due to arrive for myself soon but here's a picture that Artur sent me.

sC3MOkj

Check out kiwi's mudguards, they look pretty killer: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68385&hilit=vector+frame&start=125#p1083073

I've tried so many MTB fenders - they all break :( I think kiwi (and others too I'm sure) have the right idea to try to implement actual dirtbike fenders and whatnot.

Something else you could tack onto your shopping list might be something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Abus-Granit-Detecto-X-Plus-Alarm/dp/B00HUKQHEG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EQ26FX2VP0FMVEEDZPF&dpID=31n0yd2ACeL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_ disk brake lock with alarm. This one seems pretty highly regarded - they have cheaper 20-30 dollar versions but... - just some food for thought if you ride/park in town.

Hmmm I may have to look into dirt bike fenders. But they instantly turn the bike into beast mode aka lots more attention.

As for the disc brake lock...seems intense and extra weight. I'll just lock it up....

I took a bunch of vids on my chest cam but haven't had the time to edit them. Will post soon!

Where did you get your MXUS Motor 4t from? I want to buy one too but I can´t find anyone who is still selling them! :(
Or do you recomment another motor now theses days? (If possible same price)

-Cheers, Elias

moonshine said:

Kind of jealous here Moonshine - how come you can snag 60mph with your 4t 19" rim @ 20s and I can only max 45mph 4t 19" rim @ 20s? Is there that much of a speed difference between that of an 18fet vs the Adaptto? What's the dealio here?

DasDouble said:
Where did you get your MXUS Motor 4t from? I want to buy one too but I can´t find anyone who is still selling them! :(

-Cheers, Elias

Hm I think I have seen you looking for Mxus shops in other threads as well. If they are that hard to score why not look elsewhere?
Rather then keep looking for Mxus, why not just choose the QS 205 motor? Vito will guide you and help you find the right turn motor to suit your needs.

markw said:
moonshine said:

Kind of jealous here Moonshine - how come you can snag 60mph with your 4t 19" rim @ 20s and I can only max 45mph 4t 19" rim @ 20s? Is there that much of a speed difference between that of an 18fet vs the Adaptto? What's the dealio here?

That seems to be the case of the Adaptto OVS settings. I've seen before in Allex Bomber thread that OVS settings will allow for 25-30% more top speed.
If your controller lack the OVS function it seems it is all about OVS, as he has 1/3 more top speed then you.

macribs said:
DasDouble said:

-Cheers, Elias

Hm I think I have seen you looking for Mxus shops in other threads as well. If they are that hard to score why not look elsewhere?
Rather then keep looking for Mxus, why not just choose the QS 205 motor? Vito will guide you and help you find the right turn motor to suit your needs.

Thanks for answer. Im alredy in contact with Vito and Im going with the QS 205. Just waiting for Olga / Atur if my order of them is alredy in process. If so I will order the motor stuff etc :)

-Elias

Can't wait for the new 14kw maxe....

I may have to upgrade motors...

Back