Post your Pets here!

Attached are pictures of my Nippy. I got him when his rattle hadn't even developed yet, just a little button. It sounds like a cicada now when he rattles. In the 4 months that I kept him, he never once tried to strike me. He got "tame" enough to where I could even hold his tail while I picked him up by the neck with the hook. He stopped rattling at me after I had him for about a month, but he always rattled when my roommates or any guests would walk by the cage. When I'd get home from work, he'd poke his head out of his log and flick his tongue to greet me, before slinking back onto his heating pad.

I needed to upgrade the cage due to his rapid rate of growth, and I wasn't going to be able to hide him from the landlord once I did so. this landlord had told me that snakes weren't allowed before I moved in, so unfortunately, I had to find the lil' Nipper a home. He's now at the Frontier Ranch Museum in Zapata, TX.

That snake was such a sweetheart and I miss him.

When I have enough saved up to buy my own property(screw that mortgage crap), I will be getting a timber rattler. If it's a female, she will be named Lady Liberty.

Attachments

• Nippy 1.jpg
    Nippy 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 528
  • Nippy 2.jpg
    Nippy 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 528
A very unique pet toecutter, a shame you couldn't keep him, what stupid landlord rules, good luck with your Lady Liberty

I never did post Yogi up here; he's almost 5 now I guess (Tiny is almost 10), and around 140lbs (to Tiny's ~100); I've had him a year and a half I guess?

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK33OSwDiDQ
[youtube]ZK33OSwDiDQ[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCosk7wE2NA
[youtube]FCosk7wE2NA [/youtube]

dingoEsride said:
A very unique pet toecutter, a shame you couldn't keep him, what stupid landlord rules, good luck with your Lady Liberty

I was hoping to keep Nippy long enough in order to watch it grow into a 6+ foot monster as big around as my arm with 1" fangs... but it was not to be.

He didn't start out with a good temperament though. When I first got him, he'd rattle and hiss at me when I approached the cage, and I'd leave him be. It wasn't until he got used to my presence that I could start interacting with him. He used to freak out at the hook when I'd lower it into the enclosure, but before I found him a new home, he had gotten to the point to where as soon as I would pick him up with the hook, he'd immediately calm down when seconds before he was throwing a fit. It's as if he realized it was me picking him up, and that he was safe.

I'm impressed with how gentle this snake was though. Granted, I never did anything riskier than holding his tail with one hand while the hook held his neck, but were it not for the financial/legal ramifications of being bitten by an illegal venomous pet, I'd have been enthusiastic enough to handle him without the hook.

amberwolf said:
I never did post Yogi up here; he's almost 5 now I guess (Tiny is almost 10), and around 140lbs (to Tiny's ~100); I've had him a year and a half I guess?

140 lbs is quite a large dog. Got to be careful with that one. Hopefully its the exact opposite of aggressive. Dogs kill more people than any other pet. Statistically speaking, my rattler was safer. :wink:

Back