Post your Pets here!

I was hoping that wasn't the case. My condolences, it is hard to lose a loved one. Why are dogs so special? I can't think of any other animal that tugs on the heart so much.

Didn't seem appropriate for this thread, but here's a link in case anyone wants the details:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=460296#p460296
LIke most of my stuff, i'ts realy really long, and probably more rambling than most of them cuz I"m still not over this and i'm exhausted but unable to really sleep yet.

fair warning. ;)

Hachi really wanted to have some of this, and managed to get her nose in the box--fortunately it's sealed in a bag inside the box, so she didn't get to do the economy-size version of what Sandy did to Ypedal!
DSC04900.JPG

50lbs of margarine. Yes, that's a lot. :) Probably a year's worth at minimum, probably a year and a half. But it worked out to less than half the price of the cheapest off-brand stuff I can get in a retail store, even on sale.
DSC04901.JPG

I kinda did have to take a shelf out of the refrigerator to put it in there, though, and take the glass shelf off the bottom and stick some aluminum plate in there instead so the weight wouldn't break the glass. :lol:

Margarine doesn't go bad. It comes that way from the factory. :wink: As a genteic engineer friend told me one time, "Microbes won't even eat margarine....what does that tell you?" Seriously AW, I hope you are using that stuff for lube or something and not for eating. That's bad, bad stuff. Butter's better. :)

It sure is...but it is also more expensive, and difficult to find in large economy sizes like this (plus it *does* go bad). So unfortunately I do have to eat this stuff, and cook with it, etc.

@Ypedal: There are things I can't buy in bulk because I know it would go bad first, but this stuff...I'm pretty sure I'll use it before it becomes problematic. And yes, it is one of the stranger things I think I've purchased in bulk; when I saw it on the shelf about a bajillion bad ideas to use it for ran thru my head, including a few impractical jokes. :twisted:

While I was doing some checking on a pair of dirtbikes I got this past weekend, one of the dogs (Fred) got interested in what I was doing and perched on the other bike
View attachment 4
then Hachi had to get up there and chase her off, but almost pulled the bike down on herself, so I helped her up
DSC05411.JPG
just HAD to pose her a bit after the first pic
DSC05413.JPG
then Nana had to get up to see what the hullaballoo was about, but she got spooked halfway up and almost put us all into a pile of squish. I leaned on the bike to hold it up whiel she got steady, and then she put her paws where I pointed,
DSC05415.JPG

DSC05417.JPG
and stayed just long enough for the pics, but couldn't get down herself, so I had to sort of lift her down, whcih left us both panting on the floor. Loki wanted nothing to do with any of us. :lol:

No, it's the "family" room, what I usually refer to as the back room. I had to fill it up with all the things I wanted to save that I could no longer keep in the backyard after the city made me "clean it up" (trust me, it was much neater out there than it is in here. I also cannot get to hardly anything without days of moving things around, so I can't work on much, since I have yet to have the months of shuffling and sorting time necessary to get all of the right things in the right place...which I almost had done before I had to do this).

The living room is the only room in the house besides the bathroom that doesn't look like that, and that's almost exclusively because I have to get CrazyBike2 in and out, and have room for the dogs to do their welcome dance. :lol:

I want to enclose the carport to turn it into a storage/workroom, but I haven't got the materials and money to do it (and likely won't in any reasonable timeframe)...plus it'd be unprotected, since the dogs can't get to it to discourage potential thieves, like they can the rest of the place.

I have that second shed, but ATM it has shelving in the front 1/4 of it that I have to cut and weld :roll: backing and base railing for so I can use it. Plus some washers/dryers that need to be disassembled for components someday....if I ever had the two days or so it'd take to do all that, I'd have almost all of that shed to stick stuff in. :(

Great photo's AW, I like how you seized the opportunity to take them and get them all in the act, they would look great if you photoshoped the background out and put in some outdoor scenery and maybe a pair of googgles and maybe helmet or neither but to make look like they are riding would look 8)

Hey isn't that the stoner dog?

She sure is a pretty dog Y, if there was a best looking dog comp on ES I'm sure she'd win, as for Green Machines well I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

I absolutely love dogs, almost more than humans lol. AW, your a lucky man to have so many fury ones to share your life with! :D I'm sorry for your loss of Bonnie, she looked like a stunning dog and friend :( On a brighter note, your pics of the dogs on the bike and the office chair cracked me up, classic! What is it with dogs sitting in the most awkward places?!!! :roll: :lol:

Our two runamoks -

002.JPG
Flash has just had her 2nd hair cut to deal with the 38deg c days of summer. She's 16yrs old, very intelligent and a great guard dog despite now being as deaf as a post! Her hobbies include 2 walks a day and sunbaking. She used to love doing aireal frisby and ball catching when she was much younger. Hard to tell in this pic but she has collie and ridgeback in her.

003.JPG008.JPG
Shorty, our male staffy cross. Got him as a stray 12yrs ago at approx 1yr old. His hobbies include talking to us, 2 walks a day sniffing, stalking cats and peeing on everything in sight and helping keeping the backyard clean of poo by recycling it... He's a boofhead but he's my best mate and can't imagine life without him :)

Hey Dingo, where did you go camping with Roxy? Is it a dog legal spot?

Thud, how are the pups doing now?

Paul :D

Back