Post your Pets here!

Here is Frisco & her mom DD (dam dog!) DD (on the right)is a world class motocrosser (but is a notorius track cutter)
friscoma.jpg

baby frisco
P6180012.jpg

Jasper in his normal position during better weather
P7230013.jpg

Aloha, Here's Rasa. Keeps me on my toes as she figures me out pretty quickly. Have to keep doing changups.

Francis

The when is Dinner Time YET Pose, it must be!

German11-22-08cropped-2.jpg

And the typical Preying Mantis Pose

Hachi on the way home from the vets, after the nearly $1600 parvo-curing beyond-bank-breaking bill:
DSC02572.JPG
DSC02570.JPG

Maybe a week ago or so, almost all better, waiting for Bonnie to give up the ice cube (which wasn't going to happen):
View attachment 1

And a couple days ago, now that she's finally fully recovered:
View attachment 3
DSC02644.JPG

Finally, yesterday, waking from a nap taken in the path *everyone* has to go thru. :)
View attachment DSC02648.JPG

Roxy 3.jpegMy dog Roxy the Am-staff before I had her, she belonged to my sister with young kids and nice garden, their loss my gain

Attachments

• Roxy.jpg
    Roxy.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,731
Hachi on the way home from the vets, after the nearly $1600 parvo-curing beyond-bank-breaking bill:

Wow big vet bill, does she ride in the panniers like that?

She used to, until shortly after that vet visit (maybe a couple of weeks, if that). Now she's too big:

which is why I altered my other trailer:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=258262#p258262

Isn't it always hard to believe they were ever that small? :lol:
four months ago.JPG
Then same keyboard set behind her for comparison just now:
Today.JPG
View attachment 2
Quit flashing me.JPG

Then same keyboard set behind her for comparison just now:

She's certainly a big dog now, at least she's happy and healthy, a big pet bill is not so bad when they end up being great pets, and yes way too large for panniers,
I tried my dog for size in a trailer but she jumped out after a short ride maybe with a new floor and a chain ring should do it

Attachments

• 100_2183.jpg
    100_2183.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,725
That's why I use the kennel in the new trailer. In the pannier/pod she would sit fine, but I also always had the leash tied to the rack so she could not get out of it at all, just in case, and I would also be able to just reach back and touch her to reassure her every so often.

None of the others can be trusted to ride that way, even if they fit, but Hachi I trained from itty bitty to do that. :)

Thats real cool, Hey
amberwolf said:
That's why I use the kennel in the new trailer. In the pannier/pod she would sit fine, but I also always had the leash tied to the rack so she could not get out of it at all, just in case
I had a thought, how about a side car mounted to your ebike so your pet is by your side and space for shopping etc. gotta show us some pic's amberwolf of how you carry her now

Man... so many nice animals... Makes me miss my Jason buddy...
When Jason died I just couldn't face putting him in the ground.
Initially the dog walker didn't want to help with Jasons walkies, but now is OK with it...
stuffed_wideweb__430x343.jpg

lol. @lock.

stand im by the door and rig the door bell to make like a large dog barking and i bet thats the best home security out there. low maintenance, no poop and no vet bills.

heres my ebike shop supervisor
backpackbatts.jpg

Hooch is a lab/newfie cross

Hachi is *still* growing, now about 85lbs, so here's some pics of her latest exploits. She is definitely a water dog. She thinks she can eat all the water that comes out of a hose:
Copy%20of%20DSC02969.JPG

There is a pair of videos here:
http://dogsonmystuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/hachi-super-sized.html
at the end below the pics. For whatever reason, now that it uses Youtube to host them, blogger no longer lets me directly link to the videos, which sucks, but there isn't a workaround for it other than uploading it *again* to YT directly. Took over an hour the first time, so no thanks. :(

DSC02970.JPG

DSC02968.JPG

DSC02967.JPG

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

DSC02964.JPG

And her mommy, who no longer seem so big (Hachi is almost exactly the same shoulder height now):
DSC02963.JPG

Boomer as in boomerang.
Throw him across the room onto the couch and he comes RUNNING right back at you to do it again.

Setai is just old and playful VERY well behaved. Only people with good taste in TV shows will know where his name is from.

Attachments

• boomer.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Last couple days ahve been so humid that I cannot use the swamp cooler anymore; it just makes it hotter inside. than outside, and humid enough to make the carpet damp and the walls sticky. :(

So I curtained off all of the house except the bedrooms in front that have the window AC units, turned those on, and stuck fans in the doorways to cool the front room of the house (where the dogs stay when I am not here), and those two rooms. The rest of the house gets hotter than it does outside, during the day, and then at night I open the hot parts up to the outside to cool off (*down* to only about 90-95F from their 110-120F daytime temps), leaving the AC on the other three curtained-off rooms.

The curtains are layers of heavy blankets, which I also have over the windows, doors, etc. Keeps the heat out of those rooms and the cool air in, so that it stays between only 85-90F in the day and 80-85F at night, giving me and the dogs a place to live relatively comfortably in. But I have to leave the AC on or those rooms will get unlivably hot (for the dogs) in a couple of hours even at night.

I used to have a little misting sprayer on the window AC in my bedroom, but someone stole the mister and the garden hose it was on, a while back. So I have now an ugly cracking cast-resin squirrel sprinkler on the end of a cracked and rotting hose, since no one will likely steal those. It sits on the shelf with the AC unit, spraying a light drizzle into the heat exchanger grille outside, to keep that part cooler which in turn makes it actually blow cold air inside (so cold that it freezes up sometimes).

Similar thing in the backyard for the other bedroom windw AC unit, but I don't have to worry so much about that one being stolen, so I use the garden hose handle-sprayer on Mist, with the water turned way down at the faucet. That AC unit doesnt' freeze up, since it's nto a very good one and it never does blow really super cold air no matter what you do to it, even when it's really cold outside (tested for an experiment).

Tonite has been a blessing, being only about 85F outside right now, and it's actually only 75F in the cooled parts of the house! To celebrate, I took some more pics, but the dogs moved too much in all but two of them, blurring the rest too much to tell what they were of. :lol:

Size comparison of Hachi and Nana:
DSC02989.JPG

Nana sort of looks bigger because her head is larger and her legs/feet are bigger around, but her body is skinnier than Hachi's and her fur is flatter. Hachi is a few millimeters taller than Nana at the shoulder now, a few shorter at the rump. Hachi is two pounds more than Nana right now, at 93lbs vs 91.

This is from several months ago:
DSC02207.JPG

when Hachi was only about 7 weeks old. Hasn't grown much , has she? :lol: :p

A group shot, missing only Fred because she was sleeping behind the bike across the room behind me.
DSC02990.JPG

amberwolf said:
Tonite has been a blessing, being only about 85F outside right now, and it's actually only 75F in the cooled parts of the house! To celebrate, I took some more pics, but the dogs moved too much in all but two of them, blurring the rest too much to tell what they were of. :lol:

Size comparison of Hachi and Nana:
DSC02989.JPG

Nana sort of looks bigger because her head is larger and her legs/feet are bigger around, but her body is skinnier than Hachi's and her fur is flatter. Hachi is a few millimeters taller than Nana at the shoulder now, a few shorter at the rump. Hachi is two pounds more than Nana right now, at 93lbs vs 91.

This is from several months ago:
DSC02207.JPG

when Hachi was only about 7 weeks old. Hasn't grown much , has she? :lol: :p

A group shot, missing only Fred because she was sleeping behind the bike across the room behind me.
DSC02990.JPG

Hachi certainly has grown heaps, has she got St Bernard in her?, looks like it in her mum, looks like one very happy family, here's a picture of my dog Porcy, a cross between a dog and a porcupine

markView attachment 1

and another of Roxy, she's nearly a year old nowroxy.jpg

dingotookmybaby said:
Hachi certainly has grown heaps, has she got St Bernard in her?, looks like it in her mum, looks like one very happy family,
Yeah, Nana is supposed to be mix of shorthair and longhair Bernie, fortunately she ended up on the smaller side of only around 90-100lbs (fluctuates kinda randomly, usually stays on the low side of that). Hachi probably had a German Shepherd (or mix of) for a daddy, but I don't know, as Nana came to me already preloaded--I just didn't know that until a few weeks after I got her when it became obvious with the swollen nipples and growing belly. Nana had been placed with at least one (I think two) other families before I got her, and I guess she had been in her first heat with one of those, I know for sure that the last one had dogs but supposedly they were all "little" (unspecified breeds).

Whatever Hachi has half of, it probably wasn't very small--she is almost certainly going to outgrow mama. :)

here's a picture of my dog Porcy, a cross between a dog and a porcupine
OW...did he crash into a cactus or are those quills? I'm assuming at least some of that blood is his? I'm sure that hurt worse than Hachi's bee sting(s) that made her muzzle swell up to almost as big as the rest of her head. :( She was pretty unhappy.

EDIT: I guess it was porcupine quills; The rest of that pic is here.

and another of Roxy, she's nearly a year old now
Interesting "jester" tears she's got there (the little marks just above and below her eyes).

amberwolf said:
OW...did he crash into a cactus or are those quills? I'm assuming at least some of that blood is his? I'm sure that hurt worse than Hachi's bee sting(s) that made her muzzle swell up to almost as big as the rest of her head. :( She was pretty unhappy.

Didn't fool any one, yes the porcupine came into the back yard and the dog attacked, I would say it lost this battle

amberwolf said:
Interesting "jester" tears she's got there (the little marks just above and below her eyes).

yes she gets lots of remarks especially from girls, so it's good to walk her to the river nearby where others are excersising their dogs

Proof that Hachi is indeed a Borg Dog. Apparently she is now in the process of metal-plating her teeth (probably from chewing on bike frames and stuff). Parts of it can be seen better in each pic, but I had to leave them big....
dsc03054.jpg

dsc03053.jpg

Then the usual cow antics (yeah, really behind on the yard work):
DSC03038.JPG

DSC03039.JPG

DSC03040.JPG

DSC03051.JPG

DSC03052.JPG

DSC03050.JPG

Then they had to investigate why I was "staring" at them:
DSC03048.JPG

DSC03047.JPG

DSC03046.JPG

The outdoor pics are all reddish because a storm was approaching from the east at sunset, leaving the west clear to have the setting sun shine right on the clouds:
http://dogsonmystuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post.html
dsc03036.jpg

dsc03034.jpg

dsc03033.jpg

amberwolf said:
The outdoor pics are all reddish because a storm was approaching from the east at sunset, leaving the west clear to have the setting sun shine right on the clouds:

Nice photo's

amberwolf said:
Then the usual cow antics (yeah, really behind on the yard work):

Thats a cool mini windmill you got there hope she doesn't chew on it

This is Tattoo. He was rescued from a shelter at 9 months old. He is now 13 years old but doesn't act like it. He is mostly australian cattledog with mabe some basenji we were told. He has been a very smart and trainable dog. I am afraid at his age we may not have many more years. He is an excellent dog. He has always been camera shy and I am suprised that I got this good of pic. now. P1010142.jpgP1010137.jpg He has become alot more grey than he used to be. He just loves the water out of the garden hose and will act like a puppy chasing and biting the water.

Back