Qulbix 165/140 Raptor /NYX Carbon - Sabvoton/Adaptto - 20s/22s Build #5

i hope so ;)
since i use a 24" wheel and only 20s, i dont get much over 90kph. And the Accelerating from 50-70 is not that beasty i like :p

Wiring Diagramm:

electric_schemata.jpg

Merlin,

When I switched from my Lyen 18fet to the Max-E, I notice a reduction in low end power.

I think this may be because the lyen 18fet had something called "block time" set to 10 seconds, which allowed unlimited phase amps to the motor. The Max-E seems to limit my phase amps to 374 which is a value I can not set higher on the display.

The Max-E which is set to 374 phase amps does not nearly have the power of my lyen 18fet, even though I am pushing 5300 watts with the Max-E vs the only 4300 watts with my Lyen 18fet.

I notice the Max phase amps on the Sabvoton seem on the low side. Does the Sabvoton limit phase amps? Does the Sabvoton have less power when accelerating from stop?

Offroader said:
Merlin,

When I switched from my Lyen 18fet to the Max-E, I notice a reduction in low end power.

I think this may be because the lyen 18fet had something called "block time" set to 10 seconds, which allowed unlimited phase amps to the motor. The Max-E seems to limit my phase amps to 374 which is a value I can not set higher on the display.

The Max-E which is set to 374 phase amps does not nearly have the power of my lyen 18fet, even though I am pushing 5300 watts with the Max-E vs the only 4300 watts with my Lyen 18fet.

I notice the Max phase amps on the Sabvoton seem on the low side. Does the Sabvoton limit phase amps? Does the Sabvoton have less power when accelerating from stop?

I hear what you are saying, but Allex MAx E pushes his bomber from 0-50KM/H in 2 seconds. So why is your Max E not pulling as hard off the line as your Lyen 18 Fet?

Rix said:
Offroader said:
Merlin,

I hear what you are saying, but Allex MAx E pushes his bomber from 0-50KM/H in 2 seconds. So why is your Max E not pulling as hard off the line as your Lyen 18 Fet?

The Max-E pulls OK if you full throttle it but nothing like my Lyen 18fet. I am going to reinstall the Lyen 18fet and do another comparison.

The Max-E runs the cromotor much cooler and I also get about 20% or more range, even though I am pushing 1000 watts peak more. I think this has to do with the phase amp limitation on the Max-E.

There were also some steep hills where I had no room to get some speed going, the Max-E simply couldn't climb it where the Lyen 18fet would have done.

It has to do with phase amps and the Max-E limits them, while the Lyen 18 fet sets unlimited phase amps for 10 seconds, even though I have it set for around 150 phase amps.

With all this said, I don't mind the limiting of the phase amps because I like the much cooler motor operation and also the huge increase in range even with pushing 1000 more watts and using OVS to max my top seed at over 50MPH.

I can still lift the front of the bike up with a full throttle and lifting up on the handlebar.

I'm surprised Allex can do 0-50KPH in 2 seconds.

Offroader said:
Merlin,

Ok,
at my Point of knowing. A Blocktime on High Powered Bikes ha to be set to 0
because (thats your experience) the Phase amps are not limited. It can be very short up to 1000a and "CAN" Blow your Controller.
Its Okay for low Powered ebikes. I think you are in the Middle with your 5KW setup that you never had Problems blowing it with incredible Blocktime 10.

Sabvoton limits for sure Phase amps. on the 72150 you can setup highest to 400a.
The Controller stops working on 450A Phase. (Yes it doesnt blow, it just stop working and you have to switch off/on to enjoy further your ride)

Iam not sure about your max 374A Phase amps. Thats SO MUCH iam wondering why you dont flip over. :shock:

To Answer the Accelerating Question:
Yes the Sabvotons throttle response is not that you know about xie changs. But this is on all sine wave controllers that i know.
one of the key is the unlimited Phase amps (that can blow your controller)

i dont know what adaptto can setup to throttle response. But the Sabvoton has internal Ramp Settings you can setup in milliseconds.

2014-11-13_10h16_47.png

@ Rix,

Accelerating works fine...you can accelerate even. But it feels different on the infineons.
with a infineon 10KW setup you cant controll it really usable. with enough experience you have fun in most situations sure, but thats why zombiess build his throttle tamer.
my sabvoton accelerates a bit like a traction control......its 10 times more controlable....
iam sure the adaptto do it also well. both are torque throttles.

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
So with this controller you get more amps?
And you are still using same voltage?

Nice man! I am looking forward to see some results.

nope. not more amps.
more voltage. from 20s (84v) to 30s (125v)

So you are saying 18 fet controller is better than Max-E?
While Max-E price is way higher? :shock:

Thank you 8)

plz dont think about it.
its not in anyway better.

lets compare it in facts.

you buy a 18fet infineon from lyen or whereever.
you can setup what you want, till it blows.
no warranty from first day. (how many blowed controller we had here on ES? :p )

you buy an adaptto,
you cant setup what you want (in specs), it doesnt blow.
warranty from first day.

if you want MORE.
you can setup your adaptto with open firmware.
no warranty anymore like every infineon.
you can setup what you want and find your needs, limits or a blown controller.

Pfff thank you!
I was afraid, due I have one Max-E in order :D

Wauwuww 30s cells? This pack will fits your frame?
How many Ah will you have with this new pack?
Lipo right?
Any link to your batteries?

Thanks man :D

Merlin said:
Offroader said:
Merlin,

Ok,
at my Point of knowing. A Blocktime on High Powered Bikes ha to be set to 0
because (thats your experience) the Phase amps are not limited. It can be very short up to 1000a and "CAN" Blow your Controller.
Its Okay for low Powered ebikes. I think you are in the Middle with your 5KW setup that you never had Problems blowing it with incredible Blocktime 10.

Sabvoton limits for sure Phase amps. on the 72150 you can setup highest to 400a.
The Controller stops working on 450A Phase. (Yes it doesnt blow, it just stop working and you have to switch off/on to enjoy further your ride)

Iam not sure about your max 374A Phase amps. Thats SO MUCH iam wondering why you dont flip over. :shock:

To Answer the Accelerating Question:
Yes the Sabvotons throttle response is not that you know about xie changs. But this is on all sine wave controllers that i know.
one of the key is the unlimited Phase amps (that can blow your controller)

i dont know what adaptto can setup to throttle response. But the Sabvoton has internal Ramp Settings you can setup in milliseconds.

2014-11-13_10h16_47.png

@ Rix,

Accelerating works fine...you can accelerate even. But it feels different on the infineons.
with a infineon 10KW setup you cant controll it really usable. with enough experience you have fun in most situations sure, but thats why zombiess build his throttle tamer.
my sabvoton accelerates a bit like a traction control......its 10 times more controlable....
iam sure the adaptto do it also well. both are torque throttles.

Thanks Merlin for taking the time to post your comment. I like a hot controller and what ever Phase Amp to DC Amp ratio I have pre-programmed, I keep things in check by limiting DC input. I also recall, (if I remember correctly) Allex was running his Max E controller's phase amps to DC amp ratio at 3.5-1. That's high whether an Infineon of sinwave. I know on an Infineon, running that kind of ratio would snap some axles for sure, or flip the rider off the rear, so it only makes since that keeping those kinds of program ratios limited to sinwave's as the throttle can be applied much more precisely. Damn, the more I think I know, the less I know.

I think like Merlin said the Lyen 18fet may push phase amps to like 1000, who knows. I had my block time set to 10 seconds also which is what it is set by default.

I think the reason it wasn't all that powerful was I was running only 18s, and had battery amps set to around 65 amps, (phase amps is limited by battery amps). My bike also weighs 130lbs and that may limit it from lifting up easily. But it surely did have more torque at low speed compared to my Max-E.

The Max-E may be able to do the same as the Lyen but you would have to unlock it and void warranty. I am sure that many people will do this after the 1 year warranty is up on the controller.

I had my throttle hooked though my lyen 18fet, which gives like 100% throttle in the first 30% of movement. This is another reason why the Lyen 18fet feels stronger. The Max-E controller I prefer as it is much easier to control the bike at lower speeds.

Anyway my Max-E is off for warranty with a broken screen (this happened a couple of weeks ago) and finally I shorted my temp wire to my phase wire. I hit something while riding and felt a tug on the wires and my bike stopped with a !Halls! error. If my screen worked I could have switched it to sensorless operation and been able to drive home, had to push my 130lbs beast bike out of the woods then miles home. I should have had the phase wires much more tightly secured against the frame, it may have pushed out some when the wires shorted.

It's off for warranty with very slow shipping to Russia and back, could take two months.

[youtube]uKqvg9o9pr0[/youtube]

Offroader said:
I think like Merlin said the Lyen 18fet may push phase amps to like 1000, who knows. I had my block time set to 10 seconds also which is what it is set by default.

I think the reason it wasn't all that powerful was I was running only 18s, and had battery amps set to around 65 amps, (phase amps is limited by battery amps). My bike also weighs 130lbs and that may limit it from lifting up easily. But it surely did have more torque at low speed compared to my Max-E.

The Max-E may be able to do the same as the Lyen but you would have to unlock it and void warranty. I am sure that many people will do this after the 1 year warranty is up on the controller.

I had my throttle hooked though my lyen 18fet, which gives like 100% throttle in the first 30% of movement. This is another reason why the Lyen 18fet feels stronger. The Max-E controller I prefer as it is much easier to control the bike at lower speeds.

Anyway my Max-E is off for warranty with a broken screen (this happened a couple of weeks ago) and finally I shorted my temp wire to my phase wire. I hit something while riding and felt a tug on the wires and my bike stopped with a !Halls! error. If my screen worked I could have switched it to sensorless operation and been able to drive home, had to push my 130lbs beast bike out of the woods then miles home. I should have had the phase wires much more tightly secured against the frame, it may have pushed out some when the wires shorted.

It's off for warranty with very slow shipping to Russia and back, could take two months.

[youtube]uKqvg9o9pr0[/youtube]
That's sucks, you were movin right along until you weren't . Hopefully not too far of pedal only ride back to the truck or house.

I've noticed my bike likes to kick up sticks. I've gotten jabbed in the shins very hard many times. I think what happened here is it kicked up a stick and wedged it right into the phase wires.

I'm going to have to make sure the wires are well protected for now on.

Offroader, When I first got My Max-e I was deeply dissapointed with the performance. I mounted my 18FET 65Amps back and had A smile on my face again. Then I decided to make another try with it. And after a few tweaks it perfomed about the same same as Infineon. After that I Turned the amps to 100 used it for a weak and mounted my old 18FET back at 65Amps. Now I really felt the diff. The bike felt like it had 250W limitation :)
Here is the video with pretty good settings but not the best!
[youtube]MmuKBPBY67w[/youtube]

After this video I continued to tune the settings. I found Throttle limits adjustments. And when you change them You get your bike flip over from stand still just by moving your throttle 2mm. I really like the narrower throttle curve just blip the throttle a bit and it flies away, just like infineon.
You want more? Unlock the controller and adjust your phase amps to 800 and see how your bike goes crazy untill your motor starts to smoke :)
Hm, time to do a new video with 150DC amps and my vented covers...

Merlin said:
Here it is :D

2014-11-11%2014.41.00%20%28Small%29.jpg

Sealed Connectors....
2014-11-11%2015.03.08%20%28Small%29.jpg

....From PC ATX Mainboard :D
2014-11-11%2015.03.32%20%28Small%29.jpg

So here are the Official Tech Specs:

2014-11-11%2014.41.36%20%28Small%29.jpg

Features:

2014-11-11%2014.42.33%20%28Small%29.jpg

Real Size:

185x165x85mm (85mm with Connector)
..."Press-Fits" under a KELLY CONTROLLER PROTECTOR from Qulbix 165mm Frame

How much did you paid for it?
And where did bought it?

Allex said:
Offroader, When I first got My Max-e I was deeply dissapointed with the performance. I mounted my 18FET 65Amps back and had A smile on my face again. Then I decided to make another try with it. And after a few tweaks it perfomed about the same same as Infineon. After that I Turned the amps to 100 used it for a weak and mounted my old 18FET back at 65Amps. Now I really felt the diff. The bike felt like it had 250W limitation :)

After this video I continued to tune the settings. I found Throttle limits adjustments. And when you change them You get your bike flip over from stand still just by moving your throttle 2mm. I really like the narrower throttle curve just blip the throttle a bit and it flies away, just like infineon.
You want more? Unlock the controller and adjust your phase amps to 800 and see how your bike goes crazy untill your motor starts to smoke :)

Allex, you talk about the throttle adjustment limits. Where is this in the menu.

Allex said:

Allex, you talk about the throttle adjustment limits. Where is this in the menu.

How much did you paid for it?
And where did bought it?

Hey Magic,

from Sabvoton.
I have buyed 3 of them.
329$ is the Price of this Bad Boy.

This Monster can Handle 18KW of Power :)

If you want one without china Shipping, i will sell one of my because a buddy dont need it anymore. (He needs a new Motor first :lol: )
If you want also Bluetooth let me know. (+30$)

more Grip, stability, safety, weight....(yes its a bit to light for me. Lost the front 2 times a bit. feels bad)
and it lasts on the front maybe 10 times longer.

the backwheel shinko has after 1300km only 2,5mm lost (from 8mm)
(iam 90% on street)
a normal MTB Tire was finish after 800km (complete!)

the front (mtb) has now 2300km and is 90% finished.

shinko SR41 = same Price as every good MTB Tire.

Minimum MTB Tire Pressure was 1,8bar for me (front)
below its to sluggish. But 1,8bar is a bit "hard" for 90° "curbs".

I have 1,5 bar on the Rear tire. So i think i can go for 1,0bar in the front to screw all bumbs i hit :mrgreen:
I like to Drive like a Train. (And the weight comes near and nearer) :lol:

Merlin said:
more Grip, stability, safety, weight....(yes its a bit to light for me. Lost the front 2 times a bit. feels bad)
and it lasts on the front maybe 10 times longer.

the backwheel shinko has after 1300km only 2,5mm lost (from 8mm)
(iam 90% on street)
a normal MTB Tire was finish after 800km (complete!)

the front (mtb) has now 2300km and is 90% finished.

shinko SR41 = same Price as every good MTB Tire.

Minimum MTB Tire Pressure was 1,8bar for me (front)
below its to sluggish. But 1,8bar is a bit "hard" for 90° "curbs".

I have 1,5 bar on the Rear tire. So i think i can go for 1,0bar in the front to screw all bumbs i hit :mrgreen:
I like to Drive like a Train. (And the weight comes near and nearer) :lol:

Makes perfect sense amigo. I speculated a while back that the SR241 could be good for up to 4000 miles, 6000km on ebikes and over 7000 miles or about 11000km on the front. Problem was, I never kept the same time on, I kept running and testing different tires. On the Bomber, I ran at least 20 different tires on it, and kept going back to the SR241. To this day, after years of testing different tires, the SR241 is still the best over all, all around Ebike tire for any ebike running 3kw or more in my opinion. That said, the IRC TR1 and VeeRubber 021 in 2.75x19 are a little lighter and about 90% as good as the SR241. Let us know how many miles you get out of the front and rear. I am betting at least 10000km, on the front, and 4000km on the rear.

Edit, here is a pic of the wheels for my next build. Probably will be scrapping the 5403, for a TC4080 with the regular spoke flange.

Attachments

• 100_0637.JPG
    100_0637.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 3,407
Back