Rod's Raptor 140 Build

Looks MAD Rodney :D Any more thoughts on batteries? I do have enough LiPo here to build another 24s pack, but not sure how it will fit. The space looks a bit taller than the Phasor.

Chris, My current pack fits no problem. I'll run with this for now and see how it goes. It's had little use since you made up the Perspex cases and it's still balanced. I'm planning on making an insert to hold the batteries inplace and not move using tuff clad. I will use the screw holes in the bottom of the frame to hold it inplace. I will make it out side the frame and then drop it in then screw it to the bottom of the frame. If I get it finished tomorrow ill post up some photos.

Good progress Rod.
I was worried it'd look a little funny with 17s front and rear but so far I think it actually looks better than the phasor you had set up the same.
The silver bars are... different.
Did you already have those or particularly pick them out ? I would have thought most would choose between black or white but I guess what individualising and customizing our ebikes is all about :)

What size chainring is that ? 46T ? Looks like that's about the biggest you'd clear fit with taht shock combo. (267mm ?)

Yes the bars are different. No I ordered them. I also have a black set of bars that I might change to. The headsets white though. The chain ring on the fronts 48 tooth. Yes it'd be the maximum that you could fit. I should get a good cruising speed as I have a 11/32 tooth rear freewheel so no need for a schumph drive.

Daymmn Rodney, that's looking good! Can you hurry up and get it finished so I can come round for a ride? :twisted:

Hyena said:
Good progress Rod.
I was worried it'd look a little funny with 17s front and rear but so far I think it actually looks better than the phasor you had set up the same.
The silver bars are... different.
Did you already have those or particularly pick them out ? I would have thought most would choose between black or white but I guess what individualising and customizing our ebikes is all about :)

What size chainring is that ? 46T ? Looks like that's about the biggest you'd clear fit with taht shock combo. (267mm ?)

Yah, what Jay said, the Raptor looks better with 17s shod front and rear than the Phasor for certain.

Looks as if raptor is a smaller frame than the phasor at least from seat post to steering post. Great looking pair.

Tom

litespeed said:
Looks as if raptor is a smaller frame than the phasor at least from seat post to steering post. Great looking pair.

Tom

Yah, what Tom said, Rod, do me a favor, could you post a close up pic of your Chainring and chain clearance between the chain ring, and swingarm and measure the insides between the seat tube and head tube on both bikes? Maybe its the photo, but it looks like several inches difference between the Raptor and Phasor and I am curious to know if that's the case. Both bikes look great.

Looking great.
Let us know later how the Raptor and Phasor compare to each other????
One major difference between these two frames is the width. Raptor is wider than Phasor.
Another difference I see is that the center of gravity in the Phasor may be lower.
Anyways, am very curious to here your feedback about the pros and cons of each frame.
Loving all the pictures, keep em coming.

litespeed said:

Tom

Yes slightly smaller Tom

Rix said:
litespeed said:

Tom

Yah, what Tom said, Rod, do me a favor, could you post a close up pic of your Chainring and chain clearance between the chain ring, and swingarm and measure the insides between the seat tube and head tube on both bikes? Maybe its the photo, but it looks like several inches difference between the Raptor and Phasor and I am curious to know if that's the case. Both bikes look great.

Not a lot Rick only 1 inch. Raptor 595 and Phasor 620.

Microbatman said:
Looking great.
Let us know later how the Raptor and Phasor compare to each other????
One major difference between these two frames is the width. Raptor is wider than Phasor.
Another difference I see is that the center of gravity in the Phasor may be lower.
Anyways, am very curious to here your feedback about the pros and cons of each frame.
Loving all the pictures, keep em coming.

Yes I'll post up pros and cons from each. May ask someone to help me. Anyone in perth that can help me.

Thanks Rod for the measuring and posting the pic. The difference between seat and head tube isn't nearly as much as the pic would suggest. I think as far as chain clearance goes, you are maxed.

Rix said:
Thanks Rod for the measuring and posting the pic. The difference between seat and head tube isn't nearly as much as the pic would suggest. I think as far as chain clearance goes, you are maxed.

Yes the chain is maxed but I'm going to set the rear shock up one hole. The Phasor has the seat right back and it also has a long stem where the raptors is short. I'll he getting a longer one. I'll post up photos as I make changes.

Today I fitted my brakes. These forks come with the correct adaptor for 203mm rotors.

The Saint brakes bolt straight on.

The raptor frames also comes with the rear brake adaptor.

Ive also bolted on a small 6 fet controller.

The cover actually covers the controller well.

Rod, is that the Grin controller you're using there, it looks like it....?

Kudos

Back