Rod's Raptor 140 Build

I'm getting prepared to buy a Schlumpf 2.5:1 High-Speed Drive for my Fighter. I think that it will be the best option for high speed petaling.

SamM

SamM said:
I'm getting prepared to buy a Schlumpf 2.5:1 High-Speed Drive for my Fighter. I think that it will be the best option for high speed petaling.

SamM

Let me know how you like it. I went with shorter 160mm crank arms and 36t up front. It was quite noticable.

Went to an area where we hadn't been before and it was quite flat. Not a good test. In the vid on the tar seal we were going around 40kph.

[youtube]uOMbYYLFDGo[/youtube]

Ive just put back on my original short stem. With the new seat and it also higher its starting to feel good and at the moment its close to Hughes fighter setup. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35319

I have given the new throttle a good test (Left hand and I've decided to go back to a right hand thumb throttle. So ive just ordered a new left hand 7 speed gear shifter.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-altus-m310-7-speed-trigger-shifter/rp-prod55296

SamM said:

SamM

Sam this drive is well worth it. With the Raptor Ive had the option to go to a 48 tooth on the front and with the rear 11-32 freewheel Im peddling at the speed that I need for commuting.

Rodney64 said:
Ive just put back on my original short stem. With the new seat and it also higher its starting to feel good and at the moment its close to Hughes fighter setup. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35319

I have given the new throttle a good test (Left hand and I've decided to go back to a right hand thumb throttle. So ive just ordered a new left hand 7 speed gear shifter.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-altus-m310-7-speed-trigger-shifter/rp-prod55296

Thanks for posting the vid rod, with the terrain you are riding, you are going to like the 3.00-17 SR241s so much better than your knobbies. On asphalt it will role so much smoother, on the hard pack dirt, they will stick and roll smoother as well. Gonna feel like a whole new bike. So when will you have them in and on the machine?

Thanks Rodney!

I may need to look into doing that before I replace my Schlumpf Speed Drive with the Schlumpf High Speed Drive. Not sure how much room there is. I'm fairly certain it will take a 5-speed gearset. Not sure about the 7-speed.

SamM

Let me know when you want me to send you some stuff then Allex :)

Hey Rodney, that dash looks the goods mate. Some good weather over your side of the continent Saturday and Sunday, I'm predicting a good weekend for riding :mrgreen:

Sand, I'll we wiring it up on the weekend. Soldering on new bullets and changing the current heat sensor for the adapto one. May even fit my shrinko tyre tithe rear when the wheels off.

A couple of shots of my Raptor.

Ive have now run the rear brake cable though the battery compartment and also fitted a 4065 to the bike. Haven't tried out the top speed yet but without any effort was doing 65kms an hour. The adaptto controller is up and running and I'm enjoying its ease of use. One feature that I really like about it is the percentage of charge and distance empty.

I still need to fit my ignition key and I also have on order a left hand 7 speed shifter.

Rodney64 said:
A couple of shots of my Raptor.

Ive have now run the rear brake cable though the battery compartment and also fitted a 4065 to the bike. Haven't tried out the top speed yet but without any effort was doing 65kms an hour. The adaptto controller is up and running and I'm enjoying its ease of use. One feature that I really like about it is the percentage of charge and distance empty.

I still need to fit my ignition key and I also have on order a left hand 7 speed shifter.

I like your style Rod, you got the 17MC wheel option for offroad and super moto conditions, then the bicycle wheel option for commuting and summer time beach cruising. Very Nice. I cant recall, are you running the Raptor with Chris' 24s pack?

Yes just changed over to the bicycle set up and it feels very good. Defently the way to go on road. I was going to swap over the 4080 into the 26 inch rim but decided to give the 4065 a go and not disappointed with it so far. Plenty of torque and top end speed. Rick currently running Chris' pack but only 18s. The adaptto will not run on 24s.

Rod, you might want to check this stuff out.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WH5632&CATID=82&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=996#1
In Jaycar. I used some on my one of my bikes. It looks great. Over the motor wires. It opens up when you push on it like a cobra or something you could put it over your wires on without removing the plugs and tidy it up. also its a mesh so air still cools the phase wires.

Rodney64 said:
Yes just changed over to the bicycle set up and it feels very good. Defently the way to go on road. I was going to swap over the 4080 into the 26 inch rim but decided to give the 4065 a go and not disappointed with it so far. Plenty of torque and top end speed. Rick currently running Chris' pack but only 18s. The adaptto will not run on 24s.

Glad its working out great. You got the bush set up, and the road set up. I imagine you can change between the two in about 15 minutes tops. You have a bulk charger set up for 18s?

Allex said:
24s is fine just charge it to 98Volts

Ill try charging to 98 volt on the weekend then Allex

pendragon8000 said:
Rod, you might want to check this stuff out.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WH5632&CATID=82&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=996#1
In Jaycar. I used some on my one of my bikes. It looks great. Over the motor wires. It opens up when you push on it like a cobra or something you could put it over your wires on without removing the plugs and tidy it up. also its a mesh so air still cools the phase wires.

Thanks, Ken ill give it a try on the weekend then. Still need to decide what I'm going to do with all the cables going though the frame where the ignition switch should be. Ill need to buy a new hole drill. destroyed it drill the cable hole at the back. This frames alloy its so dam hard its believable.
Rix said:
Rodney64 said:

Glad its working out great. You got the bush set up, and the road set up. I imagine you can change between the two in about 15 minutes tops. You have a bulk charger set up for 18s?

Yes commuted to work yesterday Rick 41 kilometres with the slicks it just rolled. Had a long look from a couple of your brothers as well Rick, I don't think they knew what they were looking at. Riding home last night at 9.30pm and 5kms from home and 32% of my battery left decided to gun it home. Just no noise these controllers, still night warm 22 degrees, just perfect for riding.
No bulk charger for 18S so its a slow process to charge. But I do have the adaptto charging coil and BMS but haven't connected it up yet. Ill give the 24S pack a try on the weekend and charge to 97 volt as Allex has suggested. This way I can bulk charge. Yes about 30 minutes at this stage Rick, Need to remove the freewheel and the rear disc.

Loving the adaptto with the 3 speed settings. Even on the economy mode with the slicks set on 25k an hour at times the bikes cruising at 30kph.

Just a thought Rod, why don't you build a 22s pack out of your 24s? At around 92 volts HOC, it would be under the 98 volt limit of Adapto set up, and wouldn't cos you nothing to do it. Could have Chris adjust your bulk charger. You would have 92% of your voltage and with the Adapto OVS options, you could have a 120KPH :shock: machine with the 4080 on it.

I thought about this Rick. My 20c pack has puffed cells and I haven't any new ones. I've decided to buy a new pack from Jay 22s, 25 amp hour. Just a waiting game now until the packs are made and shipped.

The 4080 if you want speed would be better suited with the max-e. The mini.e is keeping a lot cooler with the 4065 and I haven't had any thermal roll back yet where the 4080 was on hills.

Rodney64 said:
I thought about this Rick. My 20c pack has puffed cells and I haven't any new ones. I've decided to buy a new pack from Jay 22s, 25 amp hour. Just a waiting game now until the packs are made and shipped.

The 4080 if you want speed would be better suited with the max-e. The mini.e is keeping a lot cooler with the 4065 and I haven't had any thermal roll back yet where the 4080 was on hills.

Looks like my suggestion was already in the making. SWEET! I forgot you had the mini #. Still a kick a$$ controler. What can you pull for top speed with your OVS set at max on 18s and the 4065?

Back