Rod's Raptor 140 Build

Well that just doubled the IQ of the Ballarat Contingency (tm) then. :pancake:

Made a few more changes to my Raptor. Tied up the cables and also installed a key switch. Raptor switch is quite flimsy and I have already lost one. So I've upgrade to a key switch. Purchased it from Auto barn here in Perth. Narva brand and it fits the charging hole in the frame. Pan is to buy a speakon connector which was recommended by Alex in his build thread.

Now I'm going to reroute the brake cable though the frame and as you can see its quite untidy at the moment.

Allex said:
Gonna be a nice ride!
Yeah, really like the speakon. It feel so nice to disconnect and reconnect, really solid feel about it.

Thanks Alex, Looking at doing some bush riding tomorrow.

Maybe this track from Wungong campsite to Jarrahdale town.

I think I will do the same on dads Bomber as I have 6mm XT150s sticking out of the frame right now.

Attachments

• Xt150.jpg
    Xt150.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,546
Rodney64 said:
Allex said:
Gonna be a nice ride!
Yeah, really like the speakon. It feel so nice to disconnect and reconnect, really solid feel about it.

Thanks Alex, Looking at doing some bush riding tomorrow.

Maybe this track from Wungong campsite to Jarrahdale town.

This trail (Mundabindi tra) is 1000kms from perth to Albany with camps or towns every 40kms. So looking forward to doing some riding on it. Camp sites are free at this stage. Post up some pics on Sunday.

Whats up Rod?, you got all these hot chicks sitting on your bikes. Maybe you should change your ES Name to "Pimp Daddy Rod" I remember the other girl on your Phasor. Made me want to be the Phasor :mrgreen: . I guess I am a little jealous because I have zero game with the opposite sex :( . Got any vids of her riding the Raptor?

No more birds on bike from me now. I thought that it was going to go away but pendragons pulling more photos off photo bucket. Have to wait for my next build but according to my wife this ones my last.

I've ordered my mini-e controller so looking forward to its arrival. Not that I know anything about how the coil works or what wiring that ill need to do for cell balancing or if ill need to upgrade the 10T thermistor in the motor for the temp sensor.

Thanks Alex and I'm looking forward to the road ahead and ill share my journey here. Im sure that everyone has the same apprehensiveness that I have that's ordered an apdaptto

Rodney64 said:
No more birds on bike from me now. I thought that it was going to go away but pendragons pulling more photos off photo bucket. Have to wait for my next build but according to my wife this ones my last.

I've ordered my mini-e controller so looking forward to its arrival. Not that I know anything about how the coil works or what wiring that ill need to do for cell balancing or if ill need to upgrade the 10T thermistor in the motor for the temp sensor.

No Rod, don't listen your wife, ebikes with birds in bikinis are good combo. A photo here and there is a good thing, if you want, I can talk to your wife for you :mrgreen: :lol: . Just joking, back to the subject at hand, have you had your Raptor off road yet? Really curious about your findings and differences between the Raptor and Phasor.

Rix said:
Rodney64 said:

No Rod, don't listen your wife, ebikes with birds in bikinis are good combo. A photo here and there is a good thing, if you want, I can talk to your wife for you :mrgreen: :lol: . Just joking, back to the subject at hand, have you had your Raptor off road yet? Really curious about your findings and differences between the Raptor and Phasor.

Bike buildings no more. This is what my wife's saying. Believe it or not the phasors still my favourate lower centre of gravity, better for pedling knees don't touch. Raptor just looks better. Defently going back to a shorter stem. That will help the handling.

Hey Rod,
Could I trouble you for something? I'd like to have the measurement of the Raptor frame, from the ground to the top of the frame, just in front of the seat. I'm 5' 8" but I'm thinking that the Raptor would too tall for me to flat foot at stops.

Thank!

SamM

I'm not in front of my bike now to measure it Sam but I'm the same height as you and I just manage with the seat all the way down. I've asked Qulbix to look into making a modified lower seat subframe option too. With only a slight redesign and utilizing all the existing shock mounts it would be easy to have it sit a good inch lower.

I posted about about this (and a photo) over in the raptor 140 discussion thread a few months ago - check it out here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60903&start=125#p921999

Look like you have missed the bikes!
I saw that Qulbix is offering SCHLUMPF HIGH SPEED-DRIVE, is it a good choise if you want to skip casette but still able to pedal along at higher speeds?

Back