Thank you everyone

Simple818 said:
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=161
So, I would just need a charger and I'm set to go? Sorry again, there are just so many options out there.
That's not a good choice. Read the specs on it. Also look at shipping charges before you buy it. It will be a lot more with shipping and then if you get the 22p it will not have enough output power and it's only 8.4ah. Not big enough for what you need. Those packs are made for low amperage controllers and motors. With half of what that setup would cost you could get 10ah of rc lipo with a good charger system. Read the Discharge current part of the specs. pay close attention to there own last sentence of that section.
You need a battery pack of at least 444wh that will supply a minimum of 30A. If you're going to use a small pack, rc lipo is the best choice since even a 5ah 20C is rated for 100A.

Simple, I would go with a amped bikes rear wheel kit and a 36v allcell battery. Total is around $1100

Ok, so I' have switch to wanting to get a yescomusa motor, with Lipos. This just seems to make the most logical sense. I started to read the thread. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56280 And it has inspired me.

Question: if I go with these 6 Lipos, is there a charger that I can program that will watch the batteries so they don't over or undercharge? I'm a pretty busy guy with a kid that can not be watching batteries charging everyday. Plus, I'll be charging in my garage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16207

Also, these batteries need a power supply like this for what purpose?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19680__HobbyKing_350w_25A_Power_Supply_100v_120v_USA_Warehouse_.html

Never mind, I just saw what you have to do to charge those batteries. I really am not in a position to do that considering I will be charging my bike at Home Depot. I think if I broke out that power supply and all the wires my store manager would flip out.

Please, can somebody recommend a powerful enough battery for the Yescom 1000w.

babyhughie said:
I just bought this battery for my 1000w yescom kit.. I haven't got to test it out yet, but for $500 shipped with charger and from a USA seller it's a good deal. Plus it says it's got a 30a continuous discharge rate.

Edit: here's the link http://calibike.com/?product=electric-bicycle-ebike-48v-15ah-lithium-li-ion-battery-and-charger

This one looks a little better. Think I'm going to go for it. Besides the batt and motor are you purchasing anything else? Eg. Tires,new controller, brakes?

I just realized I'm going to have to get a disc for my rear brakes because the Yescom doesnt come with one.

Simple818 said:
babyhughie said:
I just bought this battery for my 1000w yescom kit.. I haven't got to test it out yet, but for $500 shipped with charger and from a USA seller it's a good deal. Plus it says it's got a 30a continuous discharge rate.

Edit: here's the link http://calibike.com/?product=electric-bicycle-ebike-48v-15ah-lithium-li-ion-battery-and-charger

This one looks a little better. Think I'm going to go for it. Besides the batt and motor are you purchasing anything else? Eg. Tires,new controller, brakes?

I just realized I'm going to have to get a disc for my rear brakes because the Yescom doesnt come with one.

My yescom kit came with a rear disk brake. They have a bunch of different kits. I got mine off eBay for $309. The eBay name is xxseries or something like that. I bought new tires 2.4" Cst Cyclops of amazon and new downhill thick inner tubes. Also I got this bag to mount the battery in the frame.. The battery fits perfectly in the bag, and it is very well made.

Here's where I got the bag from (size Large): https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm/store.catalog/Frame-Bags/Tangle-Frame-Bag

Looks good baby hughie. I think I'm going to make a hard triangle case. I'm pretty handy with metal and wood so I should be able to hook something up. I want to be able to put my charger in the case as well so I can charge at work. I'm getting excited. Now just have to make the leap and purchase. I'm a tight wad so this is a very hard desicion for me. It took me 5 months of research to purchase my last car if that gives you any idea. Lol.

I really like the Lipos but they are a little to impractical for me. I might try doing the shunt mod that I read about on the stock controller to give a little extra boost.

Simple818 said:
Never mind, I just saw what you have to do to charge those batteries. I really am not in a position to do that considering I will be charging my bike at Home Depot. I think if I broke out that power supply and all the wires my store manager would flip out.

Please, can somebody recommend a powerful enough battery for the Yescom 1000w.
If you don't want to use an rc charger, then just wire your pack to a bms. That will give you a simple single plug charge option. Or you can just buy a a 48V battery pack off ebay or one of many places that sell them. Just make sure it can provide enough constant output for the motor kit (controller) you buy.

(1st Build) GNG Gen2 - GIANT Cypress DX (Update:Finished)
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49594

I built this bike to do a 40mile round trip, with a 1000ft elevation change. I replaced the rear gear with an 11t 7th gear for 30mph and nice big fat 1st gear for the 20mile long climb back home, with steady and somewhat-exerting pedaling.

I was using a 1000watt GNG Gen2 system. Now I had a lot of issues with it cause it is cheap chineese steel, but the bafang 750w is a well thought out and well engineered mid-drive kit.

This was my first build so I didn't have a clue what I was doing. You should have no issues installing the bafang, but you may need to buy some tools if you want to do it yourself, or if your bike shop wont do it cause of liability. Plenty of people on here will be able to help you with the install.

For batteries, PING Battery. Google him, he is great. Helped me with my battery balancing issues, top rated for customer support and he will even sent parts and walk you through everything as well. His batteries are pretty much fool proof. My dad, foolishly connected red to black via a multi-meter lead (multi-meters measure electrical current) and there was a huge spark and it melted the leads. Pings batter management system protected the battery, and I just cut the plastic connectors off and put on new ones on the end of the wires.

Bafang 750 and Ping battery (he gives you a charger too).

Lectric cycles sells a set of two socket wrenches that fit both the lock rings that fix the Bafang in place...
Although if you're an old time bike mechanic like me, you can tighten the inner lockring with a stout flat screwdriver and a mallet... Just be extra careful about your paint job. ( older Bafang units have both lock rings notched at 4 places... Newer ones have the 4 notch inner lockring, and a more decorative black anodized 'cover' lockring that has the splined surface of a shimano BB set... If you wrap the aluminum lockring with something like cloth bar tape, you can use a channel lock to tighten that if you're careful )
Other than that, all you will need is a set of metric Allen's, and something that can cut off excess zip ties for your cabeling.

The Bafang spindle fits inside the BB VERY SNUGLY. At first I though I would have to sand or file it out a little.... But its just that tight a fit... Needs a little careful alignment and steady, even pressure to slide thru.

sculptingman said:
Lectric cycles sells a set of two socket wrenches that fit both the lock rings that fix the Bafang in place...
Although if you're an old time bike mechanic like me, you can tighten the inner lockring with a stout flat screwdriver and a mallet... Just be extra careful about your paint job. ( older Bafang units have both lock rings notched at 4 places... Newer ones have the 4 notch inner lockring, and a more decorative black anodized 'cover' lockring that has the splined surface of a shimano BB set... If you wrap the aluminum lockring with something like cloth bar tape, you can use a channel lock to tighten that if you're careful )
Other than that, all you will need is a set of metric Allen's, and something that can cut off excess zip ties for your cabeling.

The Bafang spindle fits inside the BB VERY SNUGLY. At first I though I would have to sand or file it out a little.... But its just that tight a fit... Needs a little careful alignment and steady, even pressure to slide thru.
Being an old school mechanic are you able to size the lock rings? My new 350W inner lock ring works great with a standard bike locking wrench. Being a former fussy fart about my Vespa, I'd be happier with a socket I could use my torque wrench on. Especially given the metals used by Bafang.
I'm curio also on your thoughts about using loctite and a single ring. Or if you would, as indicated elsewhere, prefer to get out the grinder? I don't think on second and third looks the chain line is a straight as I thought.

Thanks,

Tom

I am also a little fussy... Because my BB is aluminum... And the bafang's fixing clamp is a steel plate with some small ridges stamped into one side. It's pretty easy for the motor torque to smear the aluminum BB shell and then the Bafang will sag under its own weight... And counter rotate with a jerk when you apply power.

So far I have found the new lockrings to be less than ideal.
I mean, the nice aluminum over-ring certainly looks nicer and dresses up the BB on the left side... But I have had to tighten the lockrings twice already.... Something I don't recall having to do, ever, on a standard BB spindle with dual steel lockrings.

The old set is just Two standard steel lock rings, one slightly thinner...and a standard lockring wrench fits both. The new black anodized aluminum over-ring is a standard Shimano type 16 spline... The Park Tool BBT-6 wrench fits it fine...
But you might prefer the socket tool sold by lectriccycles.

My concern is that the over-ring is designed with a lip that 'covers' the inner steel lockring, and I am not certain the actual bearing face of the lockring fully seats against the outer face of the inner lockring ( which could explain the loosening- or it might just be the differential expansion between the aluminum and steel lockrings )

Some lock tight might be a good idea.

I'll also try the old pair of lockrings to see if that gives me a tighter motor clamp.

tomjasz said:
[
I'm curio also on your thoughts about using loctite and a single ring. Or if you would, as indicated elsewhere, prefer to get out the grinder? I don't think on second and third looks the chain line is a straight as I thought.

Thanks,

Tom

The option of grinding the BB shell is only if you want to put a 68mm Bafang unit in a 76mm BB... You can grind off of either side...but you HAVE to get it dead straight and perpendicular to the BB centerline.

And you have to have the chainstay clearance for the reduction gear housing to not press on the chainstay when seated against the right side if the BB shell.

Bafang went to the decorative aluminum over-ring perhaps because they recognized that a single lockring is doing all the work... The second one they thought was superfluous... So why not use it to pretty up the installation?

But I am not so sure...the inner lockring does not seat against the BB shell... Like in an old fashioned BB spindle and cup set... It seats against the bafang's clamping plate...Which moves WITH the motor. And the two additional points fixing the clamping plate also restrict the clamping force you can apply via the lockrings...

I suspect I might get a tighter motor fix using the two standard lockrings, rather than the aluminum cover-ring.

As to chainline... It doesn't need to be straight for a chain. Chains are designed to flex laterally enough to work cutting an angle between multiple chainrings and rear sprocket combos.

You might need to alter chainline a little, if you keep throwing a chain off your sprocket or chainring under power.

Only the gates Carbon Belt drive really requires a very straight chainline... So, if you don't HAVE to mess with your chainline by altering the BB... Avoid it.

Just ordered my Yescomusa kit from Yescomusa. They are running a 10% discount for Mother's Day on orders $300.00 or more. This added up to a $33.00 savings for myself.

Plan on getting this battery from calibike

http://calibike.com/?product=electric-bicycle-ebike-48v-15ah-lithium-li-ion-battery-and-charger

Unless anybody can steer me to a cheaper possibly used alternative.

Thanks again for all the help everyone. I finally pulled the trigger and got the kit. I am now invested both financially and mentally

Simple818 said:
Just ordered my Yescomusa kit from Yescomusa. They are running a 10% discount for Mother's Day on orders $300.00 or more. This added up to a $33.00 savings for myself.

http://calibike.com/?product=electric-bicycle-ebike-48v-15ah-lithium-li-ion-battery-and-charger

Thanks again for all the help everyone. I finally pulled the trigger and got the kit. I am now invested both financially and mentally

Congrats my friend, I have the same kit and battery myself. I should have my bike put together by the end of the weekend. I believe I told u I get CST 2.4" Cyclops tires, however after trying for numerous days I could not get the tire to fit the very narrow yescom rim. I just wanted to let you know so u wouldn't end up with the same problem as me. I ended up getting a Schwalbe Marathon plus 2.00" and it fits perfect and was super simple to mount.

Interesting deal on the Cali battery. Do keep us informed how this goes over time.

babyhughie said:
Simple818 said:

Congrats my friend, I have the same kit and battery myself. I should have my bike put together by the end of the weekend. I believe I told u I get CST 2.4" Cyclops tires, however after trying for numerous days I could not get the tire to fit the very narrow yescom rim. I just wanted to let you know so u wouldn't end up with the same problem as me. I ended up getting a Schwalbe Marathon plus 2.00" and it fits perfect and was super simple to mount.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured 2.4 was a little wide. Did you get the battery already? He told me he's all out and won't have any till the 25th. He seems like a nice guy, talked him over phone and he is only 2 hrs from me.

Simple818 said:
babyhughie said:
Simple818 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I figured 2.4 was a little wide. Did you get the battery already? He told me he's all out and won't have any till the 25th. He seems like a nice guy, talked him over phone and he is only 2 hrs from me.

Yes I got the battery about 10days ago. I'm in Michigan and got to me in around 7-10days. All in all it looks very well made good size and well packed in shipping box. I'll let u know how she rides hopefully later tonight or tomorrow

999zip999 said:
Where is calibattery located ? I would very much like to know how the battery works out as many others.

He's in Corona,Ca. SoCal USA. His name is Rafe. I takes to him on the phone and seems like a legit guy. I know user Evolutionist has had his battery for at least a couple of months. He seems to be an electrical engineer or something he said made me to believe he is one. His batts do come from China. Waiting on a shipment from him now.

I have a question about this kit, too. In the description of the 26in Rear Electric Bicycle Motor Conversion Kit 48v 1000w, it states "Battery recommendation: Electro kinetic cell battery ( Li, lead-acid, NiMH battery etc.) featured in nominal voltage 48v, nominal capacity not less than 17Ah is compatible with the motor"

I was planning on building a 12s2p LiPo using the 6s1p 5000 mah 20C batteries on HK, but that would only give 10Ah. So here is the question: would something bad happen if I tried using that LiPo configuration with this kit??

Back