The ongoing tales of a fool and his E bike

Jason27 said:
Never told that buddy

Both Dogman and dnmun responded to your assertion that these were 'dumped' telling you they were genuine cells so the above is not true.

However, this doesn't help mickk.

There are plenty of quality batteries to choose from that are plug and play.

Ping and cell_man have proven reliability and good reputations on this forum for LiFePO4 of different quality. One is low C-rate, the other high C-rate. The All Cell batteries apparently don't have the cycle life of LiFePO4.

There is a Dow Kokam NMC thread which should last 15 years and at least 3,000 cycles but you would have to build the pack yourself.

Don't purchase anything too hastily. Read up and ask others what their experiences have been of certain batteries and vendors. Best of luck.

Joseph.

Well how time flies.

The Ebike ha sspent nearly ten years in the garage.

You see, I broke a non standtard spoke and I think the back wheel is now minus 3 spokes of non standard length.

I have kept the battery pack inside, but that would be toasted by now, although Its not leaking through the case.

I am in salt environment, so garage or not, salt get in.

Ive lost the key, and it needs a good clean.

Who wants to bet on if the oriiginal battery pack will charge and the motor turn after all these years?

The absolute tragedy of the last tem years, is the lack of movement by Government on the 200W limit.
Although, some of the machines aive seen and the size of the blokes they carry, 200w is was and never has been enforced.

So, who wants to bet?

Im thiniking I want another one, but this may still run. I think it will run faultlessly or be riddled with problems.
037 [1280x768].jpg

You are not a fool, its human nature. I procrastinate the frocking shit outta things, I could list a very long list. I think for me it comes down to if I am not hurting and I am comfortable, I wont do much to deviate from cruise control.

Do I frock up? Surely I do, surely I did. Some of my foolery was buying a used battery when I could have boughten something from RU.NKON.NL,

Some of the things I am proud of, buying the big block right off the bat MXUS 3000W V2 4T. 18FET Lyen I am 50/50 on, because maybe I coulda bought a Sinewave controller. iMax RC Charger from HobbyKing when I should have bought an iCharger.

Well I found the charger, the red light is on, so there must be a circuit?

If it charges to any extent, And the wheel turns a fraction, we will resurrect it!

I will let you know, but I am after another one, and want to swap Opals for an Ebike,. I am now Opal dealer.

ITS ALIVE!

The charger is almost on fire, but I plugged the battery into the motor and VOILA! rotation.

So ive taken the beast down from ebay and will get it running again, at worse, I just need spokes and a new battery pack!

I will leave it outside overnight charging in case of fire and see if we get a green light in the morning.

I cant believe batteries are still good after all these years, how good we will see.

Back