Your Creation's Before & After Pics

gm6046 said:
Here is my bike.

Raleigh mountain bike with MAC 500W rear motor and Ping 48v 15Ah pack.

I made the fibreglass panels to hide all the workings. The charge port and on/off key are mounted on the left hand site in a recessed panel.

old.JPG

new1.JPG

new2.JPG

new3.JPG

Love it!!!! :p

My Latest Ride....

ExtMP2Build082.jpg

Link to the build...

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3571.msg21344#msg21344

I really like the ride on this bike. Even though it has no suspension the fact I am not sitting directly over the rear wheel seems to smooth the ride out quite well. Instead of bouncing over bumps i feel like im rocking back and forth over them. I have recently added a second battery and now run two 48v10ah lifepo4 packs with room for a third.

022-2.jpg

I use this daily in my commute to work pulling my Bob trailor behind making the length of bike and trailor 12 feet long! I get 1200 peak and 1000 continous watts from my GM controller running my external Magic Pie. It is sufficient power for my 10 mile uphill ride to work. Of course my TRI-PIE is more powerfull but I am enjoying riding the tandom at the moment.

TRI-PIE-1.jpg

Winter is coming and so is the Magic Pie 3, so I am currently shopping for a bike for my next project. Either a nice chopper or a recumbent. I haven't decided yet.

Gary

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/GoldenMotorCanada/022-2.jpg

It might just be the picture but your rear tire doesn't look quite centered there. ^_^ Perhaps just the angle but great looking bike.

Golden Motor Canada said:
My Latest Ride....

ExtMP2Build082.jpg

Link to the build...

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3571.msg21344#msg21344

I really like the ride on this bike. Even though it has no suspension the fact I am not sitting directly over the rear wheel seems to smooth the ride out quite well. Instead of bouncing over bumps i feel like im rocking back and forth over them. I have recently added a second battery and now run two 48v10ah lifepo4 packs with room for a third.

022-2.jpg

I use this daily in my commute to work pulling my Bob trailor behind making the length of bike and trailor 12 feet long! I get 1200 peak and 1000 continous watts from my GM controller running my external Magic Pie. It is sufficient power for my 10 mile uphill ride to work. Of course my TRI-PIE is more powerfull but I am enjoying riding the tandom at the moment.

TRI-PIE-1.jpg

Winter is coming and so is the Magic Pie 3, so I am currently shopping for a bike for my next project. Either a nice chopper or a recumbent. I haven't decided yet.

Gary

Must be nice to be a distributor for Golden Motor...
All the "free" batteries, controllers and motors at your disposal...

FastDemise said:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/GoldenMotorCanada/022-2.jpg

It might just be the picture but your rear tire doesn't look quite centered there. ^_^ Perhaps just the angle but great looking bike.

I think its all just angles this picture look like its the other way.

Battery_Plates02.jpg

Gary

sangesf said:
Must be nice to be a distributor for Golden Motor...
All the "free" batteries, controllers and motors at your disposal...

You not the first one to mention this. Someone brought this up in another build thread a few bikes back. This one was a dual min motor build.

Ohhhh good work Gary !!!

So jealous.... You must have nearly worn a hole in that pocket of yours, or maybe there was a big one there the whole time lol

I'm sure that bike looks a treat

Lol, I just went to my inventory for stock. Everything always appears to be free there!

Gary

Found in this thread. This link drops you in the thread where the good pictures start :)

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2872.msg17793#msg17793

Gary

gm 6046- what kinda mileage you getting from that setup? seems super efficient :) .very nice enclosure!

beast775 said:
gm 6046- what kinda mileage you getting from that setup? seems super efficient :) .very nice enclosure!

G'day, I've only had it running for a few weeks, so I haven't had a chance to do a dedicated distance run yet to work out it's mileage per charge, but the longest run so far has been 30 kilometres. I'm hoping to do a few runs this week to work that out. I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers
Stuart

Before my Tomac 2002 model freeride been using as a daily commuter to work (PPL noW shared with BMC). Known Chandu for about 7 years now. Never needed a motor as Chatsworth is flat. Now I am in Mission Viejo and am 58. Need hill assist. Got hooked up with a V2T, 51V/15AH LifePO4. Ebike.sf set me up with a CA mod. Current set to 35amps. Only 2.5 miles to work so only need a 10ah for stealth. Big grins. 22mph up a 9% grade. Warm phase wires. Thanks guys for this forum. Free chargers at 43 volts, just open and reset to 54 volts using pot. Battery came to me at 54.6 so I set it there.
Tomac 2.jpg
BMC 1.jpg
BMC 2.jpg
View attachment 1
54VOLTS.jpg

Thanks Pete, Hard to see but I have dual torque arms (both sides). As the wheel spins forward the motor kicks back in the opposite direction so there are delrin blocks bolted to the arms and resting against the forks (tie wrapped). After my first ride today I understand why they are needed.
torque.jpg

If you ever decide to use regen braking with that setup, you might want to reconsider how those are connected to your fork legs. ;)

amberwolf said:
If you ever decide to use regen braking with that setup, you might want to reconsider how those are connected to your fork legs. ;)

BMC's have those gears and free wheel clutch so the motor is idle as you fly down a hill. No regen. But noted if I ever go Golden. Need this BMC for the hills down here. Actually the gears are very quite. This would be the V4 blue gears and one piece freewheel clutch.

I've been waiting awhile to post something here. A year ago I visited the forum to purchase an internal gear hub from a member for my recumbent trike. A month ago, I was gawking with a little bit of drool at all the cool bikes on this thread. I was wanting to upgrade my mini folding bike (in my avatar) earlier this year. Then I went to restoring my old bike a month ago only to put an e-kit on a different one. Thanks to all those who have helped me make my decision in purchasing the right kit for me. Here's me showing off all your hard work. The project's finally done (yet still hasn't been ridden) and here it is!

Larger and additional pics available on my blog (link in sig).

Before:
Stock Trek hybrid bike that had belonged to my sister. I think she rode this thing during college. It's at least 5 yrs old I think.
IMG_0823.JPG

During:
The Hightekbike kit is on. The Mini-Mite motor in the rear drive wheel with all the new components from the kit on the handlebars. Wires still unplugged.
IMG_0875.JPG

After:
Finally a battery rack was installed and the wires were hooked up. Slapped on a nifty front tire with color matching sidewalls to balance out the accented rear rack.
IMG_0926.JPG

I figure its about time I added mine to the list, since its 'nearly' finished. I want to tidy up the battery cases, and possibly cover 'em in a few layers of glass, and tidy up the wiring too but for the most part she's done...

before...
before.jpg

during...
during.jpg

during2.jpg

And now...
whole.jpg

now for the next project :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!

sn0wchyld said:
I figure its about time I added mine to the list, since its 'nearly' finished. I want to tidy up the battery cases, and possibly cover 'em in a few layers of glass, and tidy up the wiring too but for the most part she's done...

now for the next project :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!

Final battery case looks cool. Not a fan of the triangle look. Downhill frames are almost a must for a power bike. Yours looks Bitchin.

have no before, but have after!
1.jpg
file.php

3.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,388
iperov said:
have no before, but have after!

Looks awesome! First time I've seen e-conversion for a hummer bike. Very cool. Glad you care about the looks. Is that an HDR pic? You did some good editing with that.

thx. But I already dissasembled all bikes above. Just I was looking for optimal ebike for me =)
Yes, this is HDR images (exclude 2 lasts), I love theese maximum detailed photos =) and look at this too http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33917

Photo%2011-11-11%2021%2004%2043.jpg

This is before. It has a cheap Fox front fork, which is actually not bad at all. It carries Shimano Deore XT brakes with brake handles that double function as gear shifters. Great in combinatin with a throttle! Front and rear 160mm discs and a carbon steering bar.

Photo%2018-11-11%2011%2003%2001.jpg

And this is after modification to electric. I tried putting the lipos in the triangle, but it completely destroys the stealth look. With the batteries in front of the steering bar, handling is not that bad on this bike. Much better than on my cheap chinese ebike. The carbon steering bar I took off, because I was afraid it would break.

I also replaced the front fork with my Fox TALAS FIT RLC 140mm, and the rear brake disc has been enlarged to 203mm. Thinking of doing 203 in front as well, but that has time. Also need mud protectors.

The rear wheel has a sensored Crystalyte HT3525 from -methods. It came with a -methods 40A 100V Infineon controller (like ebike.ca version), but I replaced it with a Lyen 12FET 150V version, allowing me 30S lipo (126V fully charged). However, inside town I only carry 20S lipo (84V fully charged) with a topspeed of 55km/hr. I have another Lyen 12FET 150V controller in the mail for 2WD, and are really thinking about what front hubmotor would be most appropriate in combination with the HT3525. Both -methods and Lyen have been extremely responsive and helpful in the setup, troubleshooting, and general questions.

I have learned so much from the ES community in general and from -methods and Lyen in specific. A big thanks to all of you!!!

The ride is very very nice. Having front and aft suspension and a Dutch saddle makes for a very smooth ride, even at 55 km/hr. I am one happy camper at the moment....

Here is the before....

Typical Schwinn OCC Chopper....

323e007f.jpg

Here is the during (being worked on and charging) state...

1d9b2c1c.jpg

When I'm done, you won't see the wires easily, the rear will have a diamond plate aluminum box (instead of the "file folder"/battery box) and my radio, sub, amp and neon connected...
Should be ready and done by Christmas! Will post as soon as it's done.

Back