1500w qs motor with nd72490 controller...is this bad

MotorMo79

1 µW
Long story short bought bike used for 800 usd and was wonderful for a week . Not going into details but a slew of problems now turned to investment which have paid themselves off with all the knowledge gained.
So the bike that I bought was a 72 volt 1500 watt motor with a controller called an em50 long story short I got to a point where after I put on new tires new ignition and bought new batteries I was in the position to have to purchase a new controller I contacted qs and was informed that the em50 with the wiring harness that I needed was unavailable but the brand new nd72 whatever numbers come after it was available with the wiring harness I needed needless to say I had no no clue really what I was doing it was all Greek I mean Chinese to me I finally got everything installed and the bike is working okay. I have a few problems here and there but I want to make sure that I don't burn out my motor so I guess my question is what should the parameters of my controller be set to to obtain maximum speed for the bike that I have? Apparently my controller is slotted for a 3000 to 5000 watt motor but my motor is only 1500 watts
Is it safe for me to be riding ?

Back