• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

3540 bearing replacemrnt

burningwings

100 mW
Does anyone know then bearing nomenclature for they 3540 crysolite motor ? I am trying to find a bearing replacement that will not leak oil through the bearing .

burningwings said:
Does anyone know then bearing nomenclature for they 3540 crysolite motor ? I am trying to find a bearing replacement that will not leak oil through the bearing .
i don't know the exact type out of my head, but you're looking for a 2RS type (double sided rubber sealing).
unfortunately it won't really help too much, as the oil comes leaking through the wire slot. no matter what you do, and how much sealant you put on the wires inside, and in the slot, oil will find it's way out. the design is just not leakproof (as it never was meant to be so).

I think one of the most pleasing things about electric vehicles is that they don't leak oil when correctly used.

They don't even contain oil when correctly used.

Thanks for your brilliant god like observation Chilo . Since you are all knowing I better not waste my time doing any original thinking . My motor is not leaking at ALL from the wires , the major leak is on the opposite side of the motor . Chilo better not use statoraid it is oil based and well just because ALL of the new motors from Grin use it , you better inform Justin how wrong he Is !

A motor run according to its spec needs​ no help with cooling. By the time you mess around with fans, ferrofluid, ATF, etc. to fix a problem, it's because you've already made a serious mistake.

Or as W.O. Bentley put it, "...if you want more power, build a bigger engine.".

I'm saying if you need 1000W, use a 1000W rated motor. If you need 3000W, use a 3000W rated motor. Don't stuff 3000W through a 1000W motor and then have to depend on all sorts of stupid coping techniques to keep the thing from burning down. Just use the right tool for the job, or conversely use the tool you have for the job it's meant to do.

Chalo,
absolutely right, valid points.
I dont use any "cooling" methods for running my 1000W Eplus e bike drive.
The biggest draw I ever saw on CA running this e drive was 1350W .
After going 30mph this motor is warm but never hot.
Also there is no worry for overheating Eplus ever, because intelligent thermal protection which reduces power draw when motor gets to hot.
I dont even think about any overheating when I ride at over 30mph up to 32mph.

burningwings said:

6203 2RS (with seals on both sides)

electricwheels.de said:
burningwings said:
6203 2RS (with seals on both sides)
yes. i just looked them up as well, and wanted to post that. 6203 2RS. :)

Back