Kuberg upgrades.. Fixing the bike videos if you have them

505native

10 µW
I recently bought a 2021 Kuberg Freerider and the bearings busted and I'm having trouble trying to find a video on how to re-apply it.. Anyone got a video or know how to fix the rear hub bearing? I like the bike so I also want to upgrade it if possible.

I bought it used and you know how that goes. I buy parts through Mountain Motos and when delivered takes a few days so I have to hope it's the right part. Barely getting into the E-Bikes.

Does it look more or less like this one?
1704421586654.png
If so, then it looks like it uses standard cartridge bearings, and you can get the numbers (they'll look similar to "6802z" for instance) off the one you have and order a replacement from many places; just measure the OD ID and width of yours to be sure it matches that of the one you're ordering. Some places can be helpful when figuring out which part to order, like McMaster-Carr and Grainger, but you'll pay more for the part to compensate for it. ;)

If that is identical to your rear wheel, then that linked kuberg page shows the bearing used on that wheel
1704421654501.png
is 6902 2RS FR-0084
Bearing 6902 2RS (15x28x7 mm), 1 pc, for Ranger, Challenger, Freerider and CP50 rear hub.

If one bearing has failed I'd get the other side too and replace them both while you have the wheel off.

Some general bearing replacement how-to results; which ones are applicable depends on your specific hub design

Back