-51 Celsius at 6am today

Hey gogo... Some years ago, living on Toronto Islands, the harbour completely froze up w/a thick layer of ice (on top of the water). The layer thick enough that the (diseasal powered, as I recall) ferry boats stopped running. It was no problem for me to walk right across one nautical mile to reach the city (carried a stick with me anyway, `case I fell into the cold water where the ice may have been thinned by exhaust water from the city). Anyway, that "nice thick layer" of ice was kinda a life saver for me, so to speak (it was kinda chilly for swimming that day). Obviously, at that time I didn't have my electric-powered trike, with slids and wind assist. :cry:
L

i painted my ebike seat frame today as it was 76F , and tomorrow they predict 27F in the am. now, 5:20pm it is down to 53F, so no more painting! just shivering :pancake:

Some good charts to ponder!
recent history
global-jan-dec-error-bar-pg.gif

Some more perspective / older stuff. Note the spike in co2.
IceCores1.gif

20121120-151124.jpg

Temperature_swings_11000_yrs.jpg

HA! I'll see your charts and raise you a chart:
little-ice-age.jpg

Seen here:
http://www.aim.org/special-report/will-media-expose-global-warming-con-job/

Dang! Bourbon is just for babies??? That's so sad.

LockH said:
Dang! Bourbon is just for babies??? That's so sad.

My dear friend LockH, you have made a terribly serious error! Happily I have happened to notice, and will try to redeem you.

You have said..." Bourbon is just for babies???". The happy thing about this is that you have MISQUOTED!!! The original source of your misquoted sentence did NOT exclude the proper use of bourbon from the non-baby population. The original sentence did NOT say "just for babies"!!! There was NO just!!! You made a rush to judgement which is not justified.

So, apparently we can have a clear conscience and continue to use bourbon even if we are among the non-baby population .

And I for one am very glad of this. Bourbon is an excellent glass cleaner, and a good lamp fuel, and who knows what other useful uses non-babies may know of, or, will discover.

@ speedmd
and
@LockH

Thank you both for posting the excellent graphs and links !!! The more good information one can get, the more food for thought, and better chance one has to determine the best course to take to try to preserve this truly beautiful and wonderful Earth that we live on.

I am deeply concerned about wanting the human civilization to have a glorious and happy future. Perhaps as I take my last breath I will never have had any real opportunity to alter (for the good) the outcome of the future of humanity. Or perhaps I will have had some kind of real opportunity. God knows and God will decree this. Having more and more information can only help me and every other person who loves this beautiful miraculous planet to try to make the best decisions about how to live to make the future turn out good instead of bad.

Thanks!!!!

Oh oh. Somebuddy's not having enough fun. I have said here somewhere else maybe that "survival is fun"? That "breaks" are an important part of work"? I only posted that graph in the hopes that someone on ES brighter than I might follow that link, and report here on the veracity of the source/info. Re "bourbon". Have already bought (as a gift for a friend, unfortunately our "power out" has kept the seller/store closed in the daze leading up to Xmas) a small wooden table that has "Makers Mark" burned into its top (one of his fav "refreshments"). Now looking for a small matching bottle (local booze stores were sold out - I blame those darned Christians. It seems the Romans may have run out of trees to build more crosses.)

Ah ha! One clue, that piece was also a few years old. (And I didn't check, but suspected scientists were not involved. I trust them more than folks like biz folks... and politicians.)

Re bourbon. So, at watt point might one introduce the young to the finer things? (I mean, I like sucking on the teat as much as the next guy or grrrl. Or at least used to. Now they're just fun to play with.)

"Yes, It's Cold — and Yes, Global Warming Is Still Happening" article here:
http://www.livescience.com/42353-winter-storms-and-global-warming.html?cmpid=556159

From the site "LiveScience"??? I suspect those nasty scientists might be involved. Dang! That "news" interrupted my TV football game! Now where did I leave that beer.

Only the good stuff! So none of that cheapo Rye stuff (though I have been accused on occasion of having a rye sense of humour).

Nice pic from our neighbours in Baltimore, Merry Land:
aptopix-deep-freeze-maryland.jpg

Apparently, somebuddys vehicle was too large to park under cover. So sad.

The cult of The Manbearpig has all the answers.
Join today and get a free Manbearpig dashboard saint , and an NPR endorsed eco-recycled-save-the-whales-T-shirt that will cure the planet (and your uncles severe dyspepsia) in 12 easy steps. Call before midnight tonight and get a bonus eco-weapie driveway moment !!!
{disclosure: All contributions will now go directly to Al Gore and his new oil rich kingdom friends at Al Jazeera .}
REMEMBER
When it's hot outside ; it's because of Global Warming.
Frigid cold outside : factoidal reason is population explosion of too many Global Warming graphs !
(Hey Kids!!!- did you know Global Warming graphs can be printed out and burnt to keep warm!)

Flooding? --> Global Warming . Severe drought? ---> Global Warming. Forest fires? ---> Global Warming . Extinction of Pirates? ---> Global Warming
PiratesVsTemp.png

Is there nothing Global Warming & Manbearpig can't do? :shock:

Sadly there is something that Manbearpig could not account for ... the death of his good friend Bigfoot :(
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/20...ims-to-have-shot-killed-hirsute-cryptid-video
bigfoot-diptych_full_380.jpg

Hey! More piracy! I personally *love* piracy. (In business, at least, where one objective is to slay the competition.) Unfortunately, too many folks in business are maybe slaying their neighbours, blowing smoke (exhaust gasoline) into the air, while they might wave and smile, as they drive by. It's not my brand really.

Hehe... I've heard ugly rumours that the Brits were shipping criminals (those that got caught, probably those with limited intellect) to the Land of Oz. Perhaps more proof? (I knew a Sheila once. Kinda put pay to that rumour.) Now, back to ways to maybe help save our little ball of dirt.

Funny how the ones that make fun at situation always refer to climate change as "global warming" and use this somehow as proof that it is not real/ happening and a real danger to coast lines everywhere and crop production. It is purposely ignorant arrogant childish behavior. The cycles are well documented and understood by science. Who or what exactly is causing it, or to what degree and what we should do about it can and should be debated to some degree. But to deny we are in the early (warm up) stages of the cycle that is clear to anyone looking at the history is old fashioned denial. When the glaciers melt at this rate, the oceans will rise and the planet then cools again. It happens slowly and It has done this many times before and will do it again when we are all gone. What do they say about those that fail to learn from history? Clearly we need to adapt or will certainly perish.

Ypedal said:
and it's headed my way.... -20 this morning without wind chill factor .. what Quebec has today, we get 1 day later.

Nevermind the cold, this year it's the darn SNOW .. holy crap... i'm running out of space to put it and it's only Jan 1st..... we have gotten more snow early this winter than any year i can recall .

Ypedal, I'm working secretly on a weapon for snow !!! a popular weapon :twisted: ... and 100% ELECTRIC :mrgreen:

A 19hp 24inch snowblower with track !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yes.. 19hp !! I took one of my PERM 132 motor from a Zero X that i have and will use my 16s2p 40Ah A123 battery pack!

I bought a old 1991 Craftman 8/26 two weeks ago for great price ( it had no motor) and spend about 100hours for rebuilding and reconstruct it completly ( removing all old grease, plenty of rust!, grinded, sanded, repaired some parts, replaced some broken parts, prepaired the surface for the paint with phosphoric acid ( same as in the coca cola), applied primer, baked primer, applied tremclad paint, baked it )

I am now rebuilding all parts together.

The motor mount is finished.

I will pimp it a little bit with some teflon sheet in teh chute and impeller case. It will be awsome!!

I expect it to get the snow to about 50-60 foots away. The track will give it great traction and look! :wink:

I will post details 8)

Back