-51 Celsius at 6am today

liveforphysics said:
So, I'm very curious, did the 4s4p A123 pack start your Integra on that very chilly morning my friend?

Yes Luke it still start it! [/b ]after about 4 years of service :wink: ( made with used deffective dewalt pack!)

One of the parallel bank begin to suffer and the little blinky balancer connected to it 100% time have now some difficulty to compensate withthe 70mA bleed resistor

I am very surprized how long it last and how well it work! my stock 90A alternator seem to appreciate this battery alot.

it start my integra at temp as low as -30. if i disconnect it and leave the stock 14 years old 55Ah lead acid battery to start teh car, it just click and the voltage display read 8.0V and the motor dont make more than a 1/8 turn lol and i have to reprogram all my Alpine head unit lol...

When i reconnect it the motor turn slowly but as the oil.. oops sorry i meant molasse! fluid and pistons move and the botor finally start after about 4-5 turn

I am considering buying a Chevreley Volt now and later to modify it once we will have ebough data and tunner around the globe to together reverse engineering it.

Doc

speedmd said:
Heat wave is coming today! Still single numbers.

It is not the temperature that is the big problem. It is more where the beach front location ends up. Some more to ponder.

TectMovie.jpg

Petit-+-hist-CO2.jpg

Storms_Fig.03.gif

the beach fronts will not be identical to the shoreline back when the Sligo shelf was forming as seen in your picture as the blue/turquoise line across the gulf coast. all of that terrain has filled in along with uplift of the LaSalle arch and Sabine uplift. as the center of the gulf dropped away the plate has flexed over the edge of what is represented as that former beach and the plate is all broken now in a line from what we would call southern Mississippi in that picture over to the other side of the Sabine uplift.

so the coastline will most likely return to that profile again except for the highlands in southern Mississippi. all of this terrain has been filled in by material washed down the Mississippi river and the Red river into coastal Louisiana so that it has all filled in over the last 100my. all from the Appalachian and Rocky mountains orogeny.

all of Florida will be underwater since there was no deposition during this period but the original Sligo coastline will return.

Avoyelles parish, if you are familiar with it, would be the new New Orleans. i think it is possible we can get there in 100 years. i think 30-40 feet is very likely. in 20 years the chinese and indians will own another 300 million cars along with another 150 million here and europe. Ghawar will be exhausted long before that.

Avoyelles parish, if you are familiar with it, would be the new New Orleans. i think it is possible we can get there in 100 years. i think 30-40 feet is very likely. in 20 years the chinese and indians will own another 300 million cars along with another 150 million here and europe.

I hear you! They will need those cars to flee the deltas / coast lines. Rise estimate is reasonable assuming the relatively very thin crust (on top of molten iron/rock) we enjoy stays put. Hard to tell what the forces the polar ice melt/ shifts and ocean levels will do to help torque things even more and what volcanic activity it all will spur. Interesting times.

I've been to lots of academic talks on climate change and its repercussions. When I have opportunity, I ask about sea level rise and the speakers opinion. They're usually reluctant to commit to any prediction, which is understandable. We're not talking science when attempting such, as there is no precedent in the geological record for what is happening now. When I corner real climate scientists after their talk, they'll sometimes admit to being very afraid, that as during the course of the last several decades of study, all projections have been exceeded. Accelerating trends. Its always been much worse. Scientific consensus trends to the conservative side. I'd sell that beach front property now, while the getting is good. And prepare for an inland migration.

The Polar Vortex Explained in 2 Minutes by John Holdren

[youtube]5eDTzV6a9F4[/youtube]

Oh oh... Those darned scientists are at it again. "Slowdown in Global Warming is Apparently a Mirage (Op-Ed)", seen here:
http://www.livescience.com/42435-slowdown-in-global-warming-a-mirage.html?cmpid=556160

In part:
Scientists have proposed several theories of natural climate variability and heat redistribution that may have contributed to the slowdown to varying degrees. A new study, however, suggests that the slowdown itself may be a mirage — the result of temperature records that have considerably underestimated the pace of warming since 1997.

Lessee... Who was it we shoot first again? Was it the lawyers? Or accountants? Maybe Engineers? Or politicians? I'm sooo confused.

I'm back at my childhood home in Texas with family and my mother's 92nd birthday, and glad I'm here rather than home in Massachusetts, and the brrrrr..cold, snow & ice. Well, almost. Since my family & I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum and including the climate change issue. So subject to much ridicule and deriding as clearly I must have always been delusional. In my feeble attempts to prove the contrary, came across this jewel of a video segment by Matt Sampson and Carl Parker, a couple of young meteorologists as they explain things. Gosh, even I learned a few things.

Polar Vortex and Climate Change: Why Rush Limbaugh and Others Are Wrong

OK, but given ya can't trust those sneaky human animals, watt are the other animals and plants sayin? I mean, they can't speak in any human vocal language, but isn't there lots of "signs" they're NOT "happy"?

r3volved said:
God damn...
As low as -35C last week...
Today...+4C

How many Canadians will I see in shorts and t-shirts today!? Everyone's going to end up sick next week.

Not in KW, bro

Tri city area is known as "black hole" :) Anything bad happens, weather related, it's always there.

r3volved said:
How many Canadians will I see in shorts and t-shirts today!?

How many Californians will I see in shorts today? ALL OF THEM! :mrgreen:

79f today, and supposed to go up to 84f tomorrow, I wear shorts 365 days a year. I used to spend my winters freezing in the dark on the East Coast, then I realized I could choose to live where the weather is warm and sunny year round. :wink:

-JD

Yah, butt Canadian guys have to wear really long shorts, to hide the dangly bits. Sorry.

HA! Go tell that to a Scot! We're rough, we're tough, we are Canadien, eh? (Now, back to the subject - or fav beer, as the case might be.)

EDIT: Hey KW (r3volved)! Folks in KW maybe just hit the Ebiker Joke Thread on ES! :wink:

Now, where did that wee dram of drambuie go...

Nice! So, send some of that desert up our way! Stop. Waitasec...

Oh oh... Those folks in Oklahoma going for a new world record in tornados again. Cut it out ppl! Watt do ya want, a trophy or something? Fortunately, elsewhere in the world, "weather" is watt happens somewhere else...

LockH said:
HA! Go tell that to a Scot! We're rough, we're tough, we are Canadien, eh? (Now, back to the subject - or fav beer, as the case might be.)

EDIT: Hey KW (r3volved)! Folks in KW maybe just hit the Ebiker Joke Thread on ES! :wink:

?? I have no idea what you're talking about.
I don't mean to be a dick and I apologize if English is not your first language, but i don't understand your grammar. I have no idea what you're talking about (in approximately 90% of your posts)

r3volved said:
LockH said:

I don't mean to be a dick and I apologize if English is not your first language, but i don't understand your grammar. I have no idea what you're talking about (in approximately 90% of your posts)

I checked with matron and he's not on my landing.

Hmmm :) bourbon's
Bourbons%20%26%20Tea.JPG

Not sure about beer though. Will they still go soggy?

r3volved said:

You too r3volved ?
I thought I was the only one having trouble deciphering his pirate code. Then I found this image that explains the language of his postings --->
images

I found visual interpretation of arki's rants too --->
images

Back