Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

My controller is finally mounted...with my thermal padding. :D

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Cheers

ridethelightning said:
my bet is that will keep them fets a lot cooler ducky.
I'm hoping so...I realised recently I will be pushing this controller harder running on my HS4080 than I would have been running it with my HS4065.
Although I'm thinking of getting my old busted HS4065 re-wound to 5 Turn (or maybe even 6 Turn :!: ) at a local custom electric motor shop. That should rip some steep mountains up! :twisted:

Cheers

I'm still having a throttle problem with my Max-E. Sometimes I switch the bike on and I've lost the first 3/4's of the throttle. The throttle limits and throttle linear screens show there is input from the throttle but you get no power from the motor until you are at almost full travel, power is limited as well. If I switch the bike off again and leave it for a few minutes it all works properly again. Any ideas?

Try to do a full reset, or firmware up or downgrade to check if it's software related, that's what I would do.
Also you could try to disable the brakes, maybe that's blocking, but it doesn't fit your story.

ridethelightning said:
holy crap!!! did you seriously get 141kph?

not just no load speed??

thats INSANE!!!

Was No load Speed. I did not tried yet the new top speed on flat with RC7b. My actual top speed remain 116km/h on flat no hill.

Madin88 asked me what would be my personnal suggestion regarding the max "safe" battery voltage to set on the Adaptto MAX-E.
Here is my answer:

Personally i think that if you comply to all these following conditions you might adjust your controller to up to 160A batt current, just like Allex did.

Here are these conditions i would suggest:

-Not running a motor with higher kv than 12
-Not use more than 22s
-have the controller with perfect fine tuning
-never go WOT at full charged battery unless it's a 18s or 20s, until it reach about 84V.. the you can go WOT
-Have the shortest phase wires as possible
-Have powerfull enough battery without too much sag ( mine are 22s and have 44 miliohm at 50% SOC at ambient
-Inside the Adaptto, Install QUALITY ceramic caps at 4 locations in the controler and upgrade the actual electrolytic caps for low ESR electrolitic caps. ( i have now as low as 5 miliohm ESR at the batt terminal when no batt is connected. I have bought and installed 5x parallel 1uF 250V XR7 caps on the BAtt rail near each of the 3 phases and also added 7 of them right where the batt wires connect to the pcb. (This is recommanded in the Adaptto website):

You can find it at this adress http://adaptto.com/Support/ search for: The differences between LOCKED and UNLOCKED firmware versions:

There are voltage surges when the controller is operated at high phase currents (e.g. the higher the phase current the larger are the voltage surges – approximately 10V for each 100A of phase current for Max-E) which can blow up the power contour of the controller. It is highly recommendable in terms of in-feed to solder the capacitance of at least 6mF with a low internal resistance and also 0,01mF of ceramic/film capacitors low-esr.

Personally i say burst of 180A during short time on my adaptto.. but the battery voltage was low and i did not got the max possible kW.

Today during a ride i got 16kW burst recorded on my Adaptto MAX-E :twisted: :twisted: after i have played with the traction LS current and have set it to 160A

My adaptto is still in the LOCKED firmeware :wink:

lol.. 2 days ado it was 12.5kW

yesterday it was 14.8kW

and today it's 16kW

Look like my 5403 can sustain these burst no prob !!.. still no need to finish the liquid cooling project.. unless i make the pike peak hill climb... lol

I like Ebike tuning !!! :mrgreen:

Doc

Cowardlyduck said:
Love your work Doc!

How many amps/watts would you say the Mini-E could sustain proportionally to the Max-E given your tuning?

Cheers

Well I think the Mini-E is different in term of number of mosfet and power ratio. This is difficult to say. The MAx-E is rated 10kW and mini E is 3kW... I got 16kW burst for a 10kW rated so it's 60% more.. but i'm not so sure the mini-E can do 60% more.. ex : 4.8kW.

Doc

Here is a pic of my 16kW recorded today:

Attachments

• 20150524_192031 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150524_192031 (Personnalisé).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,298
ridethelightning said:
im getting 5.4kw on the mine-e, and thats only with low c rate cells 8)
rtl, what firmware version are you running on your Mini-E? Currently, I have RC-9d installed and was told peak power was limited to 4.5kw in all versions RC-8(x) and above, witch is exactly what I'm getting, and upgrading to RC-9e will only take away some low end grunt by not allowing the controller to choose square wave starts. My battery should be capable of 6kw and easily delivers 4.5kw without heat..... as a matter of fact, I can run WOT for miles and nothing (controller, motor or batt) overheats!? Barely warm to the touch.
I ask because I'm seriously thinking of flashing RC-7b for my Mini-E as Allex and some of the other Max-E owners do on their units for higher power and speed..... I just haven't heard from any Mini-E owners that do this, except early in this thread when some (the OP) flashed RC-8 and noticed less performance?

And I have a feeling top speed is limited in later firmware versions for the Mini-E too..... I can set OVS from 0 to 7 or any # in between and it doesn't seem to change a thing.... Top Speed is still only 44 mph?~!
I do get higher speeds in my stats, but I'm sure that's because I'm charging jumps and not releasing the throttle fast enough after launch and that's just a quick unloaded air-burst.... when I check "My Tracks" GPS stats on my celly top speed is still only 44 mph.....

Doctorbass said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Love your work Doc!

How many amps/watts would you say the Mini-E could sustain proportionally to the Max-E given your tuning?

Cheers

Well I think the Mini-E is different in term of number of mosfet and power ratio. This is difficult to say. The MAx-E is rated 10kW and mini E is 3kW... I got 16kW burst for a 10kW rated so it's 60% more.. but i'm not so sure the mini-E can do 60% more.. ex : 4.8kW.

Doc

Ive had more than 4.8 kilowatt from my mini.e

skWarDog said:
ridethelightning said:
im getting 5.4kw on the mine-e, and thats only with low c rate cells 8)
rtl, what firmware version are you running on your Mini-E? Currently, I have RC-9d installed and was told peak power was limited to 4.5kw in all versions RC-8(x) and above, witch is exactly what I'm getting, and upgrading to RC-9e will only take away some low end grunt by not allowing the controller to choose square wave starts. My battery should be capable of 6kw and easily delivers 4.5kw without heat..... as a matter of fact, I can run WOT for miles and nothing (controller, motor or batt) overheats!? Barely warm to the touch.
I ask because I'm seriously thinking of flashing RC-7b for my Mini-E as Allex and some of the other Max-E owners do on their units for higher power and speed..... I just haven't heard from any Mini-E owners that do this, except early in this thread when some (the OP) flashed RC-8 and noticed less performance?

ill try to check that for ya, the code that comes up on screen when it boots is the firmware for the display, not controller according to allex.

im not too sure how to check the firmware of controller. ill have a poke round...

ridethelightning said:
ill try to check that for ya, the code that comes up on screen when it boots is the firmware for the display, not controller according to allex.
im not too sure how to check the firmware of controller. ill have a poke round...

Debug menu (after the battery menu were do you see the cells voltage) and press up two times

ridethelightning said:
ok. so did that :D : v1 rc7c
Thanks guy's!
SOLD!!!! RC-7c is getting flashed :D :D :D :D :D

Allex said:
Dunno about rc7c, b is what I used and what doc uses now.
That's actually what I wrote to the SD Drive, and now the drive letter don't show up in windows explorer (I understand this is normal), so saves me a trip to Staples. I'll give 'b' a try...... It did write successfully, thanks for posting the translation @ 40 pages back, Allex! I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who appreciates all the really accurate knowledge you contributed to this thread and forum!

Back