• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Advice needed on Bafang mid drive for handbike

djc165

10 mW
Hello, I need advice choosing a Bafang mid drive motor and battery kit. I'm paralysed from the chest down and currently use a non powered clip-on type handbike which attaches to my wheelchair. I want to add a Bafang kit to my handbike but not sure which kit I need. I will be using a Nuvinci Harmony with the Bafang. Do I go for the 350w or 500w? 36v or 48v and what size battery?? Considering that obviously arm-power is massively less than leg power plus my triceps do not work I want to do fairly slow speeds but with assistance kicking in. Any advice is appreciated.

This thread might help you out: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57568

IIRC, AussieJester is paraplegic, but I'm not sure he rides a handbike. He would definitely be a good resource to PM.

djc165 said:
Cruiser....any idea of advantages of 36v or 48v?

Check out the em3ev site. I ordered there and they are responsive to questions and also have packages including the batteries.

SOme of them are only avail as 36v or 48v, I think.

I'm guessing more peak power and longer life?

Back