Alta Motors Redshift

Arlo1 said:
[

I found what you are looking for, glad I could help you out.
http://www.tacita.it/t-race-enduro/

Lol that's not where you want the weight of a battery.
looks like a converted MX bike.
[/quote]

Yah Arlo, that is correct and puts a lot of weight up higher than I would like. It does look like a converted MX bike. Still, 9kwh battery would give me all of the off road range I would every need. My Alta is good for 40 miles of trail riding, and that covers 95% of my needs. But if the Alta had an 8 or 9kwh battery, I would never have to entertain a gas bike again for extended trail rides.
[
The battery can't be that hard to rebuild in the Alta. Once there is some better cell tech just swap them out.
[/quote]

I may have to employ your services Arlo when the time comes.

Lol.

Well I am 100% serious about building or buying a MXR.
So when the time comes... I might have something ready ;)

I could use some help though. Anyone who can help me cast/machine parts this is the time.

engate said:
benjamin84 said:
And the suspension is actually pretty good too ;)

The DNM suspension on the qulbix is actually horrible.The fork is sticky,small bump sensitivity is non existent.It's acceptable as long as you don't ride fast.I have a Q140MD as well and after a hard high speed off-road ride my hand hurts. It shakes the handlebar hard.My other ebike with fox fork (only 130mm travel) is butter smooth compared to this chinese garbage.The front fork needs to be replaced with a FOX 40 or something similar for sure.The rear DNM shock isn't that bad,but a fox shock wouldn't hurt there either just to get a bit better performance.

Interesting, I find it works quite well for low speed single track but I can imagine the fork could struggle with higher speed stuff. It isn't too supple, but again for slow (below 25kph) and quite bumpy / rocky single track I found it worked fine for me. Cool to see someone else with a Q140MD! Feel free to post a picture and some thoughts about yours in this thread I started when I was looking for my new bike :) If you do replace the front suspension I'd be very interested to hear how that turns out too - I guess you'd have to get a fairly stiff spring on it to cope with the bikes weight?

benjamin84 said:
I'd be very interested to hear how that turns out too - I guess you'd have to get a fairly stiff spring on it to cope with the bikes weight?

You don't have to. The Fox 40 Float is an Air fork so you can dial it in based on your requirements. Put more air in it if you want it to be harder,or let some out and then it will be more plush.I will post some thoughts about it for sure. I have 1000+ km in the bike already.So far it's a nice bike but it's not as well designed as a Sur ron.You can tell that this bike was designed by "low quality" engineer(s) who made stupid decisions there and there.

EU5Xfup.jpg

lPxzPBY.jpg

engate said:
benjamin84 said:
I'd be very interested to hear how that turns out too - I guess you'd have to get a fairly stiff spring on it to cope with the bikes weight?

You don't have to. The Fox 40 Float is an Air fork so you can dial it in based on your requirements. Put more air in it if you want it to be harder,or let some out and then it will be more plush.I will post some thoughts about it for sure. I have 1000+ km in the bike already.So far it's a nice bike but it's not as well designed as a Sur ron.You can tell that this bike was designed by "low quality" engineer(s) who made stupid decisions there and there.

EU5Xfup.jpg

lPxzPBY.jpg

That may be, but its ride able and neat to boot.

engate said:
You don't have to. The Fox 40 Float is an Air fork so you can dial it in based on your requirements. Put more air in it if you want it to be harder,or let some out and then it will be more plush.
Makes sense. Expensive set of forks though, so I think I will give the DNM a try this season and see if it is good enough for my use. Good thing about the bike using normal downhill bike components is that much of it can easily be changed later if needed :)

engate said:
I will post some thoughts about it for sure. I have 1000+ km in the bike already.So far it's a nice bike but it's not as well designed as a Sur ron.You can tell that this bike was designed by "low quality" engineer(s) who made stupid decisions there and there.
Would be interested to hear more about this - from my winter of looking longingly at the bike and not riding it I get the impression it is pretty solidly put together to be honest. The welds look neat, the packaging is about as tight as you could get for a motor like that, especially considering the whole motor has to rotate while the hub is stationary in order to get the wiring in. If QS did a mid-mount specific version they could certainly have changed quite a bit of the design and made it neater, like the Sur-Ron has done. That said I haven't done more than 3 short rides on it so far, which is hardly enough for a long term review ;)

Pretty much the only thing I don't like so far is the pedal setup. It looks a bit janky with the dual reduction, and being a fixed gear ratio it is only useful once you are moving at a fairly high speed (for a bicycle). That said a gearbox at the same location would have added quite a bit to the price, and Qulbix are working on a set of components to reduce the gear-ratio for those like me who only want to pedal at lower speeds and would like a backup should the battery run out.

Edit: I think we have exactly the same colour combination on the stickers! :)

New guy here...
I have come across this site, and recently a buddy from Joby said it is the leader for this stuff.
I have two Redshifts, a 2017 MX019 and a 2018 EX006.

They so rock. i sold my KTM250MXC, but still have a 2001 TM 250 2T, and an R6, and. TM 530 BlackDream. And an ATK.
I am not an addict. I could stop anytime.

I am in San Jose CA if anyone is near. We have a bit of an Alta network here.
I will surely make the ReFuel event at Laguna this year.

ButchtheBARFdude said:
New guy here...
I have come across this site, and recently a buddy from Joby said it is the leader for this stuff.

They so rock. i sold my KTM250MXC, but still have a 2001 TM 250 2T, and an R6, and. TM 530 BlackDream. And an ATK.

Welcome to ES Butch. This thread is really small and quiet, but ES itself is HUGE!!!! You could spend 10hrs a day reading past posts for a year and not see it all.

ButchtheBARFdude said:
New guy here...

Yeah very welcome here. I want to see some take apart pics of the motor and controller :)

ButchtheBARFdude said:
New guy here...

We will race together at Laguna! Along with a dozen or so other ES members!

I love Joby and Joeben so much!!! Such an amazing team with amazing projects!

Pictures of Alta drivetrain guts!!!

Since Alta closed last October we are figuring out how to make all the stuff we need. Fortunately there is a lot of resources here. The DIY community is pretty amazing.
Philip started altaownersforum.com shortly after buying his. He’s like a Fiat Chrysler engineer. The site is filled with geeks who like to take this stuff apart. There are pictures.

I look forward to the next ReFuel. I am a little more knowledgeable than my past visits. I’ll bring my EX.

ButchtheBARFdude said:
Since Alta closed last October we are figuring out how to make all the stuff we need. Fortunately there is a lot of resources here. The DIY community is pretty amazing.
Philip started altaownersforum.com shortly after buying his. He’s like a Fiat Chrysler engineer. The site is filled with geeks who like to take this stuff apart. There are pictures.

I look forward to the next ReFuel. I am a little more knowledgeable than my past visits. I’ll bring my EX.

Yeah I just joined the Alta forums. I will volunteer my team for controllers :) Luke was on of the battery guys I was thinking of :) Luke there is a grassroots movement happening to make a Alta kit and we will need battery people :)

Hm a DIY open source Alta, where the community pulls together. I like that. I wish you the best and hope you can gather enough brain power and dedication to hit a home run.

It is really too sad if BPR just will sit on the inventory and patents the picked up from the Alta closing.

I applaud the initiative.

macribs said:
Hm a DIY open source Alta, where the community pulls together. I like that. I wish you the best and hope you can gather enough brain power and dedication to hit a home run.

It is really too sad if BPR just will sit on the inventory and patents the picked up from the Alta closing.

I applaud the initiative.

The motor was not Owned by Alta.

My team and I can develop a new inverter.
The frame is a challenge but do-able battery is a challenge but the OEM battery was not that good.
Brp does not want to do anything with bikes.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Bombardier Recreational Products Bought Up Alta Motors Assets To Kickstart Electric Production :

https://jalopnik.com/bombardier-bought-up-alta-motors-assets-to-kickstart-el-1832915056

I don't see a lot of Tech worth Owning or I should say worth the effort of buying it.

They are going to need someone who can make things happen a team actually.
This team will have to understand what Alta has done to a level high enough they would be able to develop the Tech or better tech themselves.

Couple of pics from my latest ride, was a great day. Stampede reservoir in the background.

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,699
  • A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,699
I guess I forgot yours was a street legal version? That is super cool.......ride to an off road destination.....ride home.

Tom

litespeed said:
I guess I forgot yours was a street legal version? That is super cool.......ride to an off road destination.....ride home.

Tom

Yah, I parked in Verdi Nevada, rode over the summit into California and back. 38 miles in all and almost out of battery.

I’m worn out after about 100 miles off roading per day......bummer only having 38.

Still a super cool bike.

Tom

litespeed said:
I’m worn out after about 100 miles off roading per day......bummer only having 38.

Still a super cool bike.

Tom

Yah, I can get 40 miles, but the battery is not indicating any charge left.

bigbore said:
Bei posti Rix per andare in moto :thumb:
Grande alesaggio :lol: Visto il soprannome, per caso guidi anche tu moto da cross o enduro 5002t?
Io sto in toscana e ho una lMX81, tu che super e-bike hai?

enduromac said:
bigbore said:
Bei posti Rix per andare in moto :thumb:
Grande alesaggio :lol: Visto il soprannome, per caso guidi anche tu moto da cross o enduro 5002t?
Io sto in toscana e ho una lMX81, tu che super e-bike hai?

Certo che guidavo enduro! Ti ho mandato un PM :D

Back